Author Topic: ‘Red flag’ law raising red flags  (Read 861 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
‘Red flag’ law raising red flags
« on: December 30, 2019, 02:42:27 am »
American Military News by Tim Burmeister 12/28/2019

Nevada’s new “red flag” law will go into effect Jan. 1, and it is raising red flags among those who are concerned about Second Amendment rights. The law allows judges to order that a person’s guns should be taken away because the person is deemed to be threatening to themselves or others.

“For us to get your guns, there has to be due process,” Sheriff Aitor Narvaiza said Monday.

He said with the new “red flag” law, one person can go to the courthouse and fill out a statement about another person, and based on that statement a judge can issue an order that the other person’s guns must be taken away.

“It’s the only law on the books where you can lose your firearms without doing anything wrong, just based on an allegation,” Narvaiza said. “That to me is very unconstitutional.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/12/red-flag-law-raising-red-flags/

Offline libertybele

Re: ‘Red flag’ law raising red flags
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 02:50:47 am »
17 states + DC have some sort of red flag laws.  Unfortunately, I live in one of them.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/red-flag-laws-what-are-they-and-which-states-have-them/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 04:26:36 pm »
The Libs in Kentucky are now trying to push for this nonsense.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 06:04:53 pm »
The Libs in Kentucky are now trying to push for this nonsense.

I think it's just a matter of time before all states adopt some kind of red flag laws.  Our supposed conservative governor of FL at the time, caved to the liberals big time.  That s.o.b. is now sitting in the Senate.  I guess people voted him in because they determined he was the lesser of two evils?  Once a 'conservative' caves on the 2A, they're really no better than a liberal in my books.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:05:51 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.