Author Topic: 2019 Is Greatest Year in Stock Market History – DOW Up Over 5,000 Points In 2019 Alone  (Read 601 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Joe Hoft December 23, 2019

IT’S OFFICIAL: 2019 Is Greatest Year in Stock Market History – Another All-Time High Today – DOW Up Over 5,000 Points In 2019 Alone

America is in the middle of its greatest stock market rally ever but no one would know it due to the media’s fixation on anything anti-Trump.

The markets showed today that they maintain their confidence in President Trump as the DOW reached another all-time closing high. This was the 124th all-time high since the 2016 election.

After President Trump was elected the stock markets exploded. The markets are a gauge of the economy and include expectations of the future. On November 8th, 2016, the DOW stood at 18,332. Since that date, and after Donald Trump won the 2016 election, the DOW has soared. Today the DOW closed at another new all-time high of 28,552 or 10,220 points higher than the day of the 2016 election!

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/its-official-2019-is-greatest-year-in-stock-market-history-another-all-time-high-today-dow-up-over-5000-points-in-2019-alone/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
This year my Nest Egg grew twice as much as I ever made in a whole year in the work force.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This year my Nest Egg grew twice as much as I ever made in a whole year in the work force.
@Applewood - feel better yet?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Impeachment anyone?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

I'm a bit leery of hinging everything on the Stock Market.

What goes up, must come down. 

Offline dfwgator

I can't see the word "Nest Egg" without thinking about this.....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

@Applewood - feel better yet?

For now.  The market has been better since the alleged "deal" between the US and China.  But I have zero confidence in any deals.  These things are tenuous at best.  And I've learned from Trump's temper tantrum trade wars that Trump has more often than not caused more damage to the market than he "helped."  At any time he decides to rattle the sabre, those market gains can be wiped out. 

And Gateway Pundit, as usual, exaggerates.  Yes, there have been a few days of big gains and some records set, but many days, the gains are tiny.  Not really an "explosion."

One last thing -- Trump is often given, and likes to take credit for whatever improvements in the economy have occurred since his election.  I tend to think that whatever improvement there has been was the result of business' collective sigh of relief that Obama's reign of terror was over, not so much what Trump has done directly.  There are still some aspects of the economy that are shaky and if Trump sneezes, the economy could go south in the blink of an eye.