Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 23rd  (Read 587 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Dec. 23rd
« on: December 24, 2019, 03:22:54 am »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

What’s Pelosi’s Gambit?

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: Lake Ronkonkoma, New York. Don. I’m glad you waited. I really appreciate it. Hello, sir.

CALLER: Merry Christmas, Rush, to you, your family and the EIB staff.

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: It’s great to talk to you. What advice, Rush, would you give the Republican Party and the president, as Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Party continue in their anti-constitutional extortions in this impeachment circus?

RUSH: Well, I know when people ask me this, advice questions, that you have your own thoughts. What do you think? You’re sitting out there; you’re an American voter, obviously a Trump supporter. What do you hope he does? What do you hope the Republicans do? What do you want to see out of ’em?

CALLER: I just have them… There’s two things: Sit on it and wait for things to happen, or you can just keep exposing them as frauds.

RUSH: Well, here’s the thing about this, and it really does present a couple of challenges, because they have to take it seriously. They can’t brush it off, because it is serious. He’s been impeached. There’s been a vote of impeachment. The next thing that should happen is the presentation of the articles and the trial. Now, in order to give advice that’s worth anything, you’d have to have an understanding of what the gambit is. So what is Pelosi doing by withholding the articles? What does she hope to gain by this?

Well, the first thing that she’s trying to do is what I suggested that she would do before they even had the final vote on the articles of impeachment because the theory was that she didn’t even really want to do this, that she was forced into doing it by the radical left of her party and by her desire to stay speaker. Now, don’t discount that. Some people say, “Rush, come on. She doesn’t have a concern about not being speaker.” Yes, she does.

The radical left as epitomized by The Squad, Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of them… Pelosi does have a legitimate fight on her hands if she doesn’t follow this through. She wants to remain speaker. She wants to remain leader of the Democrats. I’m pretty certain that if she did not have these outside pressures that are very immediate… I don’t think she would have followed this through. I don’t think there would have actually been articles of impeachment. But she did it for… There’s a host of reasons, but among them is personal.

She wants to remain speaker, and she’s got to satisfy the fringe left that is becoming the base of the Democrat Party. There’s also the fact that she legitimately hates Trump and would love to see him gone like all the other Democrats as well. So she had to find a way to do this. But she’s got a big problem now because everybody knows that if it ever does come to a trial in the Senate there’s gonna be an acquittal, and that’s the last thing that she wants.

The last thing. In an election year for the president be able to run around and say, “Acquitted! Impeached and acquitted,” that’s the last thing she wants. So why do this in the first place? Well, because of the pressures that she was getting. So now what she’s doing is embarking on a strategy that is designed to weaken the impact and power of the acquittal that would happen in a Senate trial. How she doing that?

She is trying — with the help of Chuck You Schumer and some others — to portray the whole process as corrupt. She’s portraying the whole process as partisan and racist. You know, whatever labels they can throw out. By withholding the articles of impeachment, Pelosi is saying, “I’m not sending ’em over there because it isn’t gonna be a fair trial, and I’m not gonna throw my guys to the wolves here. They’ve worked hard. They’ve put together an impeachable case, and it’s gonna be tossed out? I’m not gonna do that.

“I’m not gonna let a corrupt, partisan process derail what is a legitimate impeachment.” So she’s trying to shift the blame here to McConnell. She’s saying, “Look, Mitch and these Republicans have already announced how they’re gonna vote,” and Mitch had the perfect reaction. “Oh, don’t give me that. You’re telling me Schumer isn’t partisan? You’re telling me Schumer hasn’t made up his mind already? Dick Durbin?”

So she’s doing the one thing that was clearly, obviously available to her before this all started, and that is tainting the process. She’s now claiming (impression), “Well, we need more witnesses. We just discovered a new email. We just discovered a new scandal. We need new witnesses.” The answer to it is, “Wait a minute. You could have called those witnesses.” “No, they wouldn’t show up.” “You go to court. It was because you were in a hurry, Madam Speaker. You had to get this done.

“You had to get it done to satisfy everybody. To keep the wolves away from your door, to keep Cortez and the rest of them away from your door, you had to get this done before the Congress ended. You had to get it done before the end of the year. So you didn’t play the process out. If you really wanted to talk to Mulvaney and Bolton and these other witnesses, you would have waited. You would have been patient. You would have fought Trump in court over it. But you didn’t. Now you don’t get to call these witnesses.”

This is what I would tell her. I would take the time here to educate the American people. I would throw it right back on Pelosi, and I would illustrate the whole lack of legitimacy in this by virtue of the way she proceeded, pointing out that the Senate does not do investigations like McConnell has started to do. I simply would… I think it’s a great piece of advice no matter what you’re talking about where the Democrats are concerned: Reject the premise.

Do not accept the premise. Nuke the premise. Do not nuke impeachment. Do not make fun of impeachment. Do not claim that impeachment’s illegitimate. Make fun of the way they’re going about it, that they’re tainting it, that they are corrupting it, that they have turned it into something that it was never intended to be, that they are the ones deflowering the entire premise of a legitimate, innocent impeachment exercise.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Nathan in Lynchburg, Virginia. Great to have you, sir. Glad you waited.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. Listening to you every day as I can —

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: — on 105.9 WLNI, and they just celebrated their 25th anniversary and we’re all big supporters down here in Lynchburg, Virginia.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let me get to the point. I think Mitch McConnell and Trump will be making a big mistake not to prolong this Senate hearing. I think they should prolong it ’til August, and I think they should uncover and use the system like the Democrats did to bring out all the truth and the lies and put forth. Bring all the witnesses and demand that they speak. Demand that they tell what they know. They can plead the Fifth, that’s their right. But besides that, if the Republicans don’t take advantage of what the Democrats did with impeachment, I think they’re making a humongous mistake.

RUSH: Well, I understand. You’re like a lot of people, and you want payback. You want these people to be exposed so that everybody can know incontrovertibly what they’ve done. That’s what the Durham-Barr investigation is doing and will reveal, a protracted Senate trial is going to devolve into a circus. And it’s gonna end up being that nobody’s gonna have any control over it, and that’s the last thing anybody should want.

You don’t go into something like that without any control over it, when you clearly have — you’re Mitch McConnell, you’re the Republicans, you run the Senate. The Constitution’s very clear on a Senate trial. To turn this over to the Democrats and their demands? That’s the only way it would be prolonged is that the Democrats get to start calling witnesses that they didn’t call in the House. It would never end. You couldn’t dictate an end to it like, say, in August or any of that.

I think the instincts to get this done as quickly as possible probably still make the most sense. I understand you think a Senate trial could be used to expose all of the things they’ve done in the Trump-Russia meddling hoax and all that, but that’s not the forum for it. And there’s nobody on the Democrat side to put on trial. Only Trump has been impeached. He would be the only one on trial in there.

And with so much partisanship in there, the longer it goes and the bigger circus it becomes, the more chaotic it looks, the more sensible it might look to some people to just end it by convicting the guy. “Okay, let’s just be done with this.” I understand, as I say, the desire for some vengeance on this, but I just don’t think the Senate trial is the place for it. I appreciate the call.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The Turtle is exactly right. Mitch McConnell’s out there saying it’s time to stop the charade, quit the charade that Democrat Senators are impartial or that they would stay impartial. See, this is what they’re already attempting. I told you Pelosi is trying to corrupt this process. She’s trying to claim Republicans are partisan, that the Democrats are not gonna get a fair trial. It’s not the Democrats that a fair trial is awarded to. It’s the accused.

A fair trial is only within the context of does the president get one. He is who has been impeached. So you start talking about a fair trial, it’s whether or not Trump is gonna get one. But Pelosi’s running around complaining and Chuck You Schumer is running around complaining, Republicans have already made up their minds, Republicans are engaging in a partisan process here. The idea the Democrats are pristine, clean and pure as the wind-driven snow. Oh, yeah, the Democrats only want a fair outcome.

And McConnell is exactly right. The idea that they haven’t made up their minds, the idea that nobody knows how they’re gonna vote, the idea that nobody has any idea what the Democrats are thinking about this is total bunk. So this is exactly right. I think however long this thing plays out, McConnell has to hold firm on this. Whenever he’s accused of presiding over what would be a partisan process or already is partisan, therefore it’s already unfair, and that’s why Pelosi is withholding the articles, got to nuke that every chance he gets.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Some little news items here. The Republican leader in the House, Kevin McCarthy, has suggested these three names to represent Trump during the Senate impeachment trial: Jim Jordan, Doug Collins, and John Ratcliffe. Now, Pelosi hasn’t named any managers, nor has she sent the articles of impeachment over. What is this clown’s name in the Senate? Doug Jones, Democrat, Alabama, said that he’s not worried about losing his Senate seat if he votes against Trump in the Senate trial.

Now, this story is at TheHill.com. They left out that Jones, in talking about this, told ABC News he might not vote to convict Trump. They left that out. They just said if he votes no, he’s not worried about losing his seat — which means he is, and that he probably would, and what he told ABC News was that he may vote to acquit Trump if Democrats fail to connect any dots. They haven’t connected any dots!

They haven’t connected anything. Everything that they have attempted to link to Trump has blown up in their face. Let’s see. Oh, the latest Democrat debate. Do you know what the audience for it was? Six million. It collapsed! Nobody watched the thing. Two million viewers across PBS stations, four million on CNN. Hannity has more than that on an average night, and CNN is their sponsor of the debate. Four million! That’s the smallest audience yet.

So impeachment’s going the wrong way on ’em. Audiences for their debates are going the wrong way. Folks, everything is lining up, these people are gonna get spanked so badly, and the Drive-Bys, they know it, but they are covering that up. Jeff Flake. Do you remember Jeff Flake? Jeff Flake had an op-ed at TheHill.com yesterday telling Senate Republicans to put country over party in Senate trial.

And here’s how the story starts. “Former Republican Senator Jeff Flake –” Right there, the most important word in the story, “former.” Former senator. Who cares? Donald Trump drove Jeff Flake out of politics, drove his numbers down so low that Jeff Flake didn’t even run for his own reelection in a primary.

Here is Joe in Chicago. Joe, great to have you. Glad you waited, the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. Thank you very much for taking my call. This is the honor of my life. I really appreciate it.

RUSH: Wow. Thank you, sir, very much.

CALLER: Thank you. And the only better honor would be to meet you in person someday. Thank you. Before I make my point, I actually wanted to tell you something that I remember a couple of Octobers ago there was a gentleman named Patrick who called into your show, and I remember he choked up as he was talking to because he was thinking about what would things be like if you were not on the radio.

And I want to tell you that I think most people who listen to you, if not all of them, probably feel the same way Patrick did and certainly I do, so I really appreciate it and thank you and I hope you stay on the radio forever. The point I wanted to make is, I think, you know, with all the things that they talk about the reasons for impeachment and how much they hate Trump and all that, I think all of that is a given.

I really believe, though, there’s an added element, and that is I think they want to even the record with Bill Clinton and they want our most beloved president, probably the most popular president in recent history, they want to have that sort of blemish on his record that they believe equates the record with their most beloved president that they had in history, which is Bill Clinton. And I can’t underscore how important I think it is for a lot of the leftists that this happens to Trump, and they waited for the opportunity to do that, regardless of the reason, I don’t think the reasons matter anymore, to them, at least. So that was my point.

RUSH: Well, I think the reasons are many, and a lot of them do matter, and they are the things that propel them to oppose Trump from the get-go. Then the shock win over Hillary, the hatred. But your point that there is an element of this that is reciprocity, payback for the blemish on the record of Bill Clinton is undeniably true. There is no question that they have been laying in wait to be able to do this. They thought that impeachment was bogus from the get-go.

And that impeachment, folks, there actually was a crime, and you know in that impeachment, the day the articles of impeachment were voted, they were transmitted to the Senate, and the managers were named the very day. Within hours of the articles of impeachment against Clinton, they were sent to the House, and the managers were there ready to go. Bill Clinton had lied under oath and had suborned perjury trying to keep people from telling the truth about some of the exploits he had engaged in. Anyway, Joe, thank you, really, really very much. I appreciate that more than you know.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 23rd
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 03:24:21 am »

My Introduction of the President Drove the Left Crazy

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: As I scour the cable news networks, I saw all of the backup hosts, all the second- and third-tier hosts that you never see except whatever, and here we are. I always love being on when everybody else is taking a vacation day or vacation period or what have you. It’s always been that way and if I could have been here tomorrow, I would have, but the staff revolted, claiming that I was turning into Scrooge if I made it all about me, they’ve got things — which I understand, I understand. So today will be it.

You know, now, next year we better start thinking about it ’cause this is a leap year. We better start thinking in advance, ’cause Christmas next year’s on a Friday — and I will guarantee you — yeah, it’s Wednesday this year, Friday next — so I guarantee you I’m gonna be under pressure to take the entire week off, not work. I know this. Well, I’m not gonna make the commitment right now because there’s too much that can happen between now and then. I mean, by that time, the election will have occurred. None of us may want to be here.

Anyway, it is great to have you, folks.

Now, I have to tell you over the weekend — and I could not, I did not preannounce this for a whole host of reasons. It was not open to the public anyway. There’s a relatively young organization out there called Turning Point USA. It was founded by a young guy named Charlie Kirk, and it has taken off. It is a young conservative organization, high school and college age, up through Millennial age young people who have decided that they want to be fully immersed and educated in all things conservative and that they want to be mobilized and activated. They want to be involved and engaged.

And Kirk every December here in Florida has a multiple-day conference that’s attended by four to five thousand of these young people. And he is very tight with President Trump and his family. The president shows up. He has a big fundraising award dinner at Mar-a-Lago during the period of time that this conference is taking place.

And last year, of course, I received the first award this group has offered. And I was asked by Mr. Kirk to introduce the president on Saturday. He was to address this group at 5 p.m. at the Palm Beach Convention Center. And of course I said, “I’m honored, I would be happy to.” I said, “How much time’s involved?” “Well, maybe 15 minutes.” “Fifteen minutes? I haven’t finished clearing my throat in 15 minutes.” “Well, it’s 15 minutes. But the president wants you.” I said, “Okay. Okay.” So I agreed to do it.

By the time I got there it was down to 10 minutes. I must have had had three White House people come up, “How long are you gonna speak?” I said, “Well, 15.” “No, no, no. It’s 10 minutes. We’ve got it right down –” “Okay, okay, 10 minutes, fine, 10 minutes I’m halfway through clearing my throat.” But I’ll tell you, the place was wired. It was electric, and it was raucous. And it was really a thrill to be there.

Now, I ended up speaking for eight minutes. And I’m gonna play you some audio from it. And I need to tell you some things about it, though. This is not in any way excuse making. I just need for everybody understand because people ask, “Why don’t you do more of this?” And there’s an answer to it.

In a place like this, folks, the acoustics for me are just impossible. And in a setting like this with as much echo and reverb as there is, I literally cannot hear myself, and I do not know if the audience is reacting at all. So it’s difficult to establish a bond in a room with 5,000 people. It’s tough to establish a connectivity bond.

Now, my supreme talents and professionalism are able to overcome this, but it still is simply a function of bionic hearing. It’s simply a function of bionic hearing, and there’s no way — I’ve tried I don’t know how many ways to explain to people how things in life sound to me now as opposed to when I could hear normally or naturally. It’s impossible. I can’t think, back when I had my God-given hearing, I can’t think of anything that sounded the way things sound to me now.

And so it’s impossible to explain it to people. It’s an in-the-moment kind of challenge. You have to be able to get some kind of feedback. Is it working? Is it not working? Are they paying attention? Are they not paying attention? If they’re not, how can you get their attention? And then you add the 10-minute time frame, which to me is the epitome of get in, get it, and get out. I mean, you really have time to elaborate on nothing. Plus, the reason you’re there, the reason I was there is to introduce the president anyway.

But it’s such an opportunity. Here you have 5,000 young people — young skulls full of mush — waiting to be shaped, flaked, formed, and molded — properly, of course. One thousand of them were high school students. Such a golden opportunity. I want to play three sound bites from the intro and, amazingly, the media reaction to it. Ha! I came in and I didn’t know any of this ’til I got the sound bite roster today. CNN, NPR, they’re all reacting.

Also, I met with the president on Sunday, and I… Look, this is another thing too. When anybody has a meeting with the president, be it social or business or a combination, you don’t tell anybody. The White House controls that information. If they want to say it took place, then they say it. If they don’t say anything, you don’t. That’s the understood rule. It’s not even something that’s stated. You just are assumed to understand that if you met with the president, it’s not up to you to tell everybody that it happened. It’s up to the White House.

Well, somebody snapped a picture of the meeting and posted it. It was a Politico reporter. Somebody snapped a low-resolution picture of the president and me and some others having lunch on Sunday afternoon, and they got it all wrong except for the fact that I was in the picture. They got the location wrong, they got the people in the picture wrong, and it’s an interesting illustration of how the media just assumes things and reports them.

It’s minor stuff in this case as to who was having lunch, but it really is the case. You meet with them, you meet with the White House, you meet with the president, and it’s up to them. If they want to release pictures of it, they do. You don’t. If they want to issue any kind of… In other words, somebody like me does not come to this program and say, “Guess what I did over the weekend!” You don’t do that. That’s up to the White House to do it.

I could have met with the president a whole bunch of times and nobody knows it, unless they announce it. Anyway, this one got out; it was no big deal. We’ll get to that, because the media reaction to this is what’s funny. They think it was at Mar-a-Largo. It wasn’t, and — as you will hear — you know what the funniest thing is? At CNN they’re all worried. “Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Trump’s meeting with Limbaugh! That means his advisers can’t get to him.

“That means Limbaugh can undercut Trump’s advisers. Oh, this is not good. This is not good. The White House doesn’t like this. Presidential advisers do not like people like Limbaugh having access to the president when they aren’t around to correct what Limbaugh’s saying.” (laughing) It’s the craziest thing. The sheer paranoia that exists — and the presumption, of course, is that Trump doesn’t know anything. You know, this is the great dichotomy.

Trump doesn’t know anything — his advisers have to tell him what to think, his advisers have to tell him what to say — and yet, on the other hand, the guy is the epitome of evil. He’s the epitome of being wrong about things, and he’s out of control and nobody can control him. So which is it, critics? I mean, nothing’s changed. Donald Trump has advisers, but he doesn’t need them to tell him what he thinks. He knows what he thinks. He knows what he wants to do about various things.

When you’re up close and personal to it, you see just how absurd and ridiculous the press coverage of him is, even beyond the obvious — the obvious hatred, the obvious bias, the obvious fake news, the obvious opposition. When you’re up close and personal to it, you get an indication of just how contradictory and delusional the press coverage of this man happens to be. Let’s go to start with the sound bites of my introduction. Remember, I had 10 minutes. I got it done in eight. This is one of the things that the press is having apoplectic fits over.

This is how I began after having been introduced…

BEGIN ARCHIVE CLIP

RUSH: I just learned backstage that there are an incredible number, like a thousand high school students here?

CROWD: (cheering)

RUSH: Oh, man!

RUSH: I’ll tell you, I have been dying to talk to high school students about so much about what’s happening. I just want to tell you, I don’t have time tonight, but I just want to tell you climate change is a hoax.

CROWD: (wild cheering and applause)

RUSH: Please don’t believe it, whatever you do! I beg of you.

END ARCHIVE CLIP

RUSH: Right out of the box: “Climate change is a hoax.” Now (not in the bite), I went on to explain. You should have seen my face. My face was pleading. I was literally begging, because young people are susceptible to this. Look at Greta Thunberg. I was gonna mention her, but I didn’t have time. I’ll tell you how. In fact, I’ll tell you how I was gonna mention her, but I didn’t have time to squeeze it in. But they’ve got people scared to death that the planet is not gonna support human life in 12 years, in 15 or 20.

It’s literally absurd. I told these people in the audience, “They’re trying to scare you into adopting things that will advance their agenda.” I said, “Climate change — or global warming, whatever — contains every issue, every bit of strategy the left is using to transform America away from our founding. It has guilt. It has redemption. It has blaming your parents, blaming adults. It has investing in government, believe in science. Everything they use to propagandize and indoctrinate people is self-contained in climate change.”

I said, “This is not to say the climate isn’t changing, but the way it’s being presented, it’s the fault of the United States. It’s the fault of the United States — United States progress — that’s causing this calamity. It’s not true.” So I said, “Please, when you leave here — I know what I’ve said is gonna shake you, but — dig into it, ’cause it is a full-fledged hoax.” It’s one of those things, folks, when you realize brevity is the soul of wit. I didn’t have time to elaborate.

So what did I do? “Climate change is a hoax.” Bam! Right between the eyes. Now, here’s what I was gonna tell them about Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg is 16 years old. Do you know her story? She was 8 years old and watching the news, and she was hearing about the destruction of the planet and how it wasn’t gonna support life in 10 to 15 years — and she had a panic attack and stopped talking for years.

She literally had a psychological inversion because of it. She came out of it and became a full-fledged, 100% activist for this — which, of course, the left then recognized and propelled her upwards on a pedestal. I feel sorry for her. She is a living, classic example of what they are doing to people to advance their agenda. What…? They’re scaring a young woman who’s already got a problem. She has autism-related symptoms, Asperger’s, whatever it is.

They don’t care. The more they can use people with disabilities to advance their cause, the better, because they prop up people with disabilities, and it makes it impossible for people to criticize them — and that’s done for a purpose. I didn’t get a chance to tell these young people this ’cause I knew I wouldn’t have time. If I got started on this, I’d have gotten the hook again, ’cause I had gone over the time limit. But it’s exactly what they do. They take a young woman who they’ve propagandized and they’ve turned into this gigantic, full-throated activist.

They put her up on a political stage. They make her a political person — they convert her into a political weapon — and then if anybody dares criticize her, “How dare you. This woman has autism! Do you have no soul? Do you have no sense of shame? How dare you?” See, you can’t criticize because if you do, you’re a mean-spirited brute. It’s a favored tactic of the left to use people with disabilities in television commercials for Democrat candidates, and they can say whatever they want.

They can lie through their teeth, they can read whatever has been written for them, and they’re unassailable because they are disabled, and no amount of criticism of disabled people is permitted in the Drive-By Media. You go try it. I’ve done it. They come after you. They try to destroy you. They rip into you as having no soul, having no compassion. I feel sorry for the kids like this that they use. I primarily feel sorry for… Look what they’re doing to them — and it’s not just in the issue of climate change.

It’s virtually everything in their agenda. They are scaring the heck out of young people, and then telling people — after they’ve scared them to death — that the reason for their fear, the reason they’re frightened, the legitimate reasons are found in America, and then in the Republican or conservative parties and movement. And they totally politicize this. And most people don’t have the know-how or the desire to even react to it. So people like Greta Thurnberg just are allowed to do what they do uncommented on, and they become official spokesmen.

And then they become, to young people, heroes — brave and courageous and so forth.

But it’s the fear. What is to be gained by telling a young woman 8 or 10 years old — with a steady diet of media — who already has autism, that she’s got no hope, no reason to live beyond the age of 25? What…? Who would do this? What kind of people would take a young person and literally shred their dreams, and create out of them paranoiac, frightened people who think that progress and advanced lifestyles and standards of living are destroying the planet? Well, people who are political, who want a globalist government — or control of whatever government they can get on — are the kind of people doing it, the American left.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Now, there is not enough time to get into the next sound bite. There are only one, two… There are four. So there are three more. As I look at this, I can’t believe how much I got in in eight minutes. But, man, that’s all I did was… I mean, for two hours of prior, I buried myself. “Don’t bother me,” I said. “I’ve got to get focused here. I’ve got a bunch of stuff I want to say, and I’m doing it in eight minutes when I normally give myself an hour at things like this.”

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There was one other element to the climate change admonition I gave the attendees of the Turning Point USA convention on Saturday. And here’s the rest of the bite. I was feeling time crunched here and constrained, and I wanted to give them an example of something when they weren’t alive to illustrate how kids are used to advance left-wing ideas.

And most of the people in this audience were not alive in 1995. Do you realize how long ago that is? That is 20 years ago, 24 years ago, is that right? Twenty-two. Whatever it is. But it’s a long time, and especially the 1,000 high school students that were in the crowd were not alive then. So here’s my attempt at explaining the way kids are used to advance left-wing hoaxes or phony, left-wing agenda items.

RUSH ARCHIVE: Let me give you an example of how it is a hoax. Many of you weren’t alive for the 1995 budget bill. During that time, the Republicans were being accused of starving children because of budget cuts in the school lunch program.

There weren’t any cuts. There were reductions in rate of growth. The Democrats had a bunch of 12-year-olds, junior high school students, writing letters to Republicans in Congress, “Please, I can’t learn when I’m starving. Please, I can’t learn when I’m hungry.” And the media is covering this as though it’s legitimate. And it was as big a hoax as the whole climate change thing. Climate change contains every issue the left wants in their bid to transform this country. So please, I know it’s susceptible. They’re scaring you. They’re making you think the planet is not going to support life in 20 years. It’s bunk, folks. It’s just bunk.

RUSH: Yes. And then the eruptions began. Now, remember, in the midst of this I can’t tell if there’s any reaction or not. It’s a hearing function. So I have to rely on experience guided by intelligence combined with confidence that there is raucous reaction, and there was, as you could plainly hear.

Now, moving on, I wanted to tackle something that I’m hit with somewhat regularly. Not often. People coming up to me and saying, “Boy, you know, Rush, it’s really getting harder and harder to defend the president.” So here is that segment.

RUSH ARCHIVE: Now, a couple of weeks ago, I’m out playing golf, and I’m a very powerful influential member of the media, I’m very recognizable. A guy comes up to me and says, “You talk to the president a lot, right?” I said, “Yeah, he calls now and then.”

“Well, you tell him he’s got to stop tweeting! You tell him he’s got to start acting more presidential.” I said, “Well, why don’t you tell him?” The guy says, “He never calls me.” I said, “Well, there you go.” (laughing) Then he said… Then he said, “It’s getting so hard to defend the president.” I said, “What? Hard to defend the president? It’s one of the easiest things in the world to do.” President Trump does not need to be defended.

RUSH ARCHIVE: The people that need to be defending themselves are the people attacking him and the people attacking us. He doesn’t need to be defended. How do you defend Donald Trump? You attack the people who are attempting to destroy him. They’re trying to destroy you. They’re trying to destroy, they’re trying to transform this country into something that it was not founded to be. That’s how you do it. I find it’s so incredible that people think, “Oh, my gosh, it’s hard, it’s so hard.” It is not hard.

RUSH: It is not hard, especially when all the attacks on Trump are personality oriented and are bogus. But the point is, don’t accept the premise. Reject the premise. There’s no need to be defensive. Go on offense and stay on offense. The people that have a lot of explaining to do are not Donald Trump. Let me give you an example. And this is something else I wanted to squeeze in, but I decided on the spot to edit it out because I could just feel time clicking away.

I’ve mentioned this to you before, so it may be redundant. I wish I’d had the opportunity — but I know those kids are all listening today, knowing that I’m going to be talking about them — so I’m taking the opportunity of the program today to re-reach them.

Go back to the eight years of Barack Obama, prior to the past three years of Donald Trump. In the eight years of Barack Obama, we were told routinely that America’s best days, economically, were behind us, that we have reached a new era in America where it should no longer be accepted that children will do better economically than their parents. We’re in a new era of decline. And it was justified.

Obama and the Democrats in the media telling everybody that America’s greatness in the past may not be thoroughly justified anyway because we were so corrupt in our founding. And we had mistreated people all over the world, and we were engaging in theft of resources that were not ours. And so our greatness and our economic prosperity was something that was illegitimate.

Like Madeleine Albright. You know, Madeleine Albright, the secretary of state for Obama, was famous. And she teaches — or I don’t know if she still does. She taught a course at Georgetown University, and her basic premise was that there is nothing special about America, that America was an accident of timing. The Founding Fathers, the break-away from England, it was an accident of timing, that there was nothing special or unique about it.

And Madeleine Albright was teaching young people and still to this day says that one of the worst things that could ever happen for the world is for there to only be one superpower, and that would be the United States. She was devastated when the Soviet Union fell. Because that left the United States alone as the lone superpower. It is why so many establishment types root for China.

Folks, do you know that among all of the reasons why the deep state, the establishment, wants to rid of Trump, part of the reason is China. They disagree totally with what Trump is trying to do in leveling the balance of trade with China. Go back and look at Tom Friedman and the New York Times and all these other leftists writing about the greatness of the Chinese system where a few elites are empowered to make all of the major decisions for the country. It’s cleaner, it’s more efficient, it’s smarter.

And of course these people all assume that they would be among the elites if the United States ever adopted such a system, which they would love. And Trump is coming along and China is being portrayed as the enemy that it is, and China is one of the targets of Trump trade policy and changes, and there is as much opposition to that as there is to anything else Trump is doing that they don’t like.

Having a competing superpower to the United States is crucial for people who wish to take the United States down a peg or two in size. And Madeleine Albright’s the epitome of it. And she was Obama’s secretary of state. And Obama and all those people believed that the United States was not the good guys. The only way that you can think — by the way, this all ties in to Make America Great Again. The only way you can think that America, as the lone superpower of the world is destabilizing, is if you don’t think we’re the good guys.

So if you don’t think America’s the good guys, and then somebody comes along running for the presidency on a slogan “Make America Great Again,” you’re gonna panic — and they did, and they still are, which I address in an upcoming sound bite here. The point is, you go back to the eight years of Obama. “New era of decline! Lower your economic expectations. The days of your kids doing better than you economically? Mmm. Don’t count on it. Economic growth will be maybe 1.5% max — and we don’t deserve any more,” they said.

“We don’t deserve any more,” because we need to pay the price for all the injustice that we had meted out over the world since our founding. This is what they believe. Now, we’re three years removed from that, and where are we? We have record low unemployment. We have wages rising — and you know which wages are rising? Low-end wages are rising faster than any category in the country. People who make the least are seeing their wages increase more rapidly than any other group.

We have African-American unemployment at a record low, all time. Hispanic unemployment: Record low, all time. We have 6.5, almost seven million job openings in America. We have the stock market that’s gained 10,000 points since Obama left and Trump took over. You think they’re not panicked? They were on their way to chopping this country down to side. They were on the way to getting rid of the United States as a superpower for the purposes of globalism or whatever their desires were.

That’s why Donald Trump doesn’t need to be defended. The people that need to be defended are the FBI, the people that ran a hoax to get rid of him — a coup. The people that have some explaining to do are those that were trying to talk down the economy and literally did. Remember Obama in Ohio during the campaign of 2016, making fun of Trump. (impression) “He says he gonna bring back all these jobs, huh? What’s he got, a magic wand? How you gonna do that? Those jobs aren’t come back! I’m just here to tell you.”

He’s telling people that his own policies put out of work, that their jobs are never coming back. Trump’s on the campaign trail saying, “Oh, yes, they are.” Guess what? They’ve come back. So for eight years the American people had to listen about how it was over. “You had better readjust your thinking. You had better get used to the United States being less of a superpower, less of an economic power than you think,” and three years…

Just three years later, the Trump administration has blown the eight years of the Obama administration to smithereens. That’s why Trump doesn’t need to be defended. It’s why Donald Trump’s tweets and whatever else he does that might irritate people don’t matter. Trump doesn’t have any explaining to do. It’s the Democrats who do. It’s the left that has a lot of explaining to do, and they still haven’t paid the price that they deserve to be paying, and that’ll hopefully happen at the next election.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is the next segment of the introduction to President Trump I gave Saturday at Turning Point USA.

BEGIN ARCHIVE CLIP

RUSH: We are in a war. We are in a war for the kind of country America is gonna be. There’s always gonna be an America. But the war being waged now is aimed at overturning, overthrowing, the principles of our founding. That is what the left is attempting to do. And look at how. You’d say that the president needs to be defended.

The people that need to be defending themselves are those who have run this absolutely bogus coup, claiming Russia meddling between the president and Russia during the campaign. They are the ones who have engaged in meddling. It was Hillary Clinton who engaged in meddling with the Russians. The president doesn’t need to be defended. The president needs to be supported. It’s easy to do. He’s —

CROWD: (applause)

RUSH: “Make America Great.” Why…? Why is “Make America Great” so controversial? Stop and think a minute. Who opposes it? Somebody comes along and says, “I want to make America great again.” Why is that controversial? Why in the world is that controversial? Then somebody comes along and says, “I think we ought to be America first again.”

RUSH: Why is that controversial? Why do people oppose America first? Why do people oppose making America great again? I’ll tell you why. The people who think Make America Great Again is not good think that it is a throwback to 200-years-ago America. They think that it is code for taking America back to the days when it was manifestly unfair, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe. It is not that.

Make America Great Again is, “Let’s get back and restore the principles of the founding.” “America first” is based on the solution and the submission that America is the solution to the world’s problems; it is not the problem. The left in America, the left around the world thinks America is the problem, and we’re not. When America leads, when America triumphs, when America prospers, the world does greater than ever.

END ARCHIVE CLIP

RUSH: What is controversial about that? It’s something that’s always, until I learned… It’s so foreign to me to not want your own country to be great. It took me awhile to figure out, “Why does this upset them so much?” The answer isn’t pretty. In the left’s new structure of identity politics where we are not common citizens any longer — and we’re not, folks. We don’t have a common citizenry. We do on paper, but we don’t have a common citizenship, not in these starkly partisan days.

The Democrat Party, the American left is comprised increasingly of people who do not like this country at all, from the very beginning. For whatever perverted, perverse reasons, they don’t. They don’t understand the greatness. They don’t understand the uniqueness. They don’t understand the exceptionalism. They disagree with all of it. They think America was founded unjustly — manifestly so — unfairly, illegitimately, without justice for all kinds of what-have-you minorities.

Just look at the facts in the face and rejecting all of them: The highest standard of living in the world ever, the highest life expectancy in the world ever in a nation of less than 250 years compared to nations who’ve been around for thousands. But it scares them because the objective is what Make America Great Again rejects. The objective is… You know, you call it “the transformation of the country.” What does that mean?

It means these people would love to get rid of the Constitution and like to rewrite a constitution or a national pact that empowers government to do everything, not limit it. Because it is only with the power of government can these people, in their perverted minds, address their grievances — and that’s what they are. They are grievance existence. They’re not happy. I don’t even think they pursue happiness, and that’s another thing that irritates them.

(angrily) “There’s too much unfairness, there’s too much injustice, there’s too much inequality for anybody to be happy.” Rather than get on board and try to enjoy the one human life we are all given, these people have set out to ruin as many as they can, under the guise of improving everybody’s life by making sure that everybody’s the same — same outcomes, same opportunities. The things they want are not humanly possible, scientifically possible, physics-related possible.

I mean, it’s a slam-dunk slogan: Make America Great Again. The best thing that could happen is a bunch of people come along and disagree with it. We’re not to the point yet where (chuckling) a majority of American voters do not want the country to be great — and we’re nowhere near a point where a majority of American voters are threatened (laughing) by the concept of “America first” or “Make America Great Again.”

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ronaldus Magnus used “Make America Great Again” as a slogan for his first campaign. Nobody was horrified by it. They made fun of “Morning in America” in 1984, but nobody made fun or laughed at Make America Great Again. Bill Clinton used it. It wasn’t his central slogan. Bill Clinton used it. There was no reaction to it. But today, when Trump uses it, there’s abject hatred associated with it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I just want to wrap up the rest of the introduction sound bites of President Trump at the Turning Point USA convention on Saturday, media reaction to it, ’cause it’s eight minutes, I spoke for a total of eight minutes, and many in the media went literally bonkers. As I say Politico — somebody snapped a picture of the president and me and some others having lunch on Sunday. A Politico reporter tweeted the picture out, got a low-resolution picture. They got it wrong, it was not at Mar-a-Lago, it was somewhere else.

And they were speculating about what was being discussed, and of course it was very, very bad because here I was with access to the president, and none of his advisers were there, and so I had unfettered ability to mold and manipulate the president’s mind, and his advisers were not there to protect him. That’s CNN’s take on this. Literally absurd.

At any rate, here is when I realized time was up and it was time to introduce the president, I had seen him backstage, Kathryn and I met him backstage. He was wired. He was ready. He loves these events. He loves it, particularly the younger the audience the more he loves it like I do. And here’s how I brought him on.

RUSH ARCHIVE: We really have one shot at this, and the shot that we have at preserving this country as founded (pause) is Donald Trump, president of the United States.

RUSH: That’s it.

RUSH: It is an honor to know him. It is a privilege to be here tonight and to introduce him to you. Make him know how much you love him! The president of the United States, Donald Trump!

CROWD: (cheers and applause)

MUSIC: (Proud to be an American, by Lee Greenwood)

RUSH: And that entire song played. The president’s on stage walking around, clapping. The place went nuts. Well, I’d already driven ’em nuts. It stayed nuts during the Lee Greenwood song, which played out in its entirety. It brought chills up and down the spies of people who saw it later on Twitter. Here’s the president, his opening remarks.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. Thank you, everybody.

CROWD: (applause and cheers)

THE PRESIDENT: What a group!

THE PRESIDENT: What a group.

THE PRESIDENT: What a group.

THE PRESIDENT: I also want to thank a true American legend and a beloved national hero: Rush Limbaugh. Thank you, Rush.

THE PRESIDENT: You know, I don’t know if you know it or not. He has got like 39 million people listening. From day one, he has been so incredible. Good times, bad times, he doesn’t waver because he is tough as hell. He makes like… They tell me he makes like $50 million a year, and that might be on the low side. So if anybody wants to be a nice conservative talk show host, it is not a bad living, I will say.

CROWD: (hoots)

THE PRESIDENT: But I have to say, he is a very unique guy, and he is a great man, and he has been a great friend. So thank you to Rush. Thank you.

CROWD: (cheering and applause)

RUSH: And he went on I think for like an hour and a half. You know what the longest speech the president’s ever given? Two hours, 13 minutes at CPAC. Two hours and 13 minutes.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We have a fresh, new audio sound bite from CNN and a Washington Post reporter, Josh Dawsey. So this is the new narrative, folks…

DAWSEY: We’ve seen Rudy Giuliani, his lawyer; we’ve seen Rush Limbaugh at the golf course with him. And he has a whole host of friends — the Chris Ruddys, Ike Perlmutters — the folks who are kind of his informal, uhh, Kitchen Cabinet who give him all sorts of ideas, some of them that West Wing staffers then have to try to keep —

RAJU: Clean up.

DAWSEY: — from happening.

RUSH: West Wing staffers are trying to keep all of these friends of Trump away from him. But somehow, Trump manages to outsmart the West Wing staffers. Can you believe this? The West Wing staffers don’t want Trump meeting the Limbaughs and the others in the Kitchen Cabinet –the Giulianis and so forth. So what happens? Trump goes out and meets ’em and then the White House, the West Wingers go, “Drat! Drat! Trump outsmarted us again. Trump’s meeting with people we don’t want him to meet with!” Anybody believe this? Well, I guarantee you the fledgling and vanishing CNN audience probably does, but it’s… (laughing) It’s ridiculous and it’s absurd. The West Wing is with him wherever he goes.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 03:25:48 am »

Obama Working Behind the Scenes with Warren

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: Remember last week when the news came out that Barack Obama was all over the place saying that it’s obvious that women are much better leaders than men? (paraphrased) “Men have gone south. Men have nothing to of our leadership-wise.” We all thought, “A-ha! There he goes clearing the way for Michelle (My Belle) Obama.” I also said maybe Fauxcahontas. It turns out, it is. He has been working behind the scenes with Warren.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There’s a story in TheHill.com: “Obama Talks up [Fauxcahontas] Behind Closed Doors to Wealthy Donors.” So what is going on here? Obama is not… If he’s making a move for Fauxcahontas, Obama is making it known that last week when he came out with this business that everybody knows women are much better leaders than men… (impression) “There isn’t any man leader out there worth their salt these days. It’s all women.”

We assumed that he might be paving the way for Michelle (My Belle) Obama or whoever else is there. But Fauxcahontas, maybe on the outside Amy Klobuchar, or (a long shot) the Russian agent, Tulsi Gabbard. But everybody thinks that it’s Warren, and now it turns out to be true.

“Sen. Elizabeth Warren has spent her presidential campaign railing against the donor class, making it known she doesn’t want their help,” the hedge funders, the Wall Street guys, the people in wine caves.

“She has publicly bashed millionaires, has sworn off high-dollar fundraisers and has refused large checks from Democratic bundlers.” Well, not entirely. She’s taken them. She’s just letting them know that if they think this is gonna buy an ambassadorship somewhere, that it’s not gonna happen. However, “behind the scenes in recent months … Obama has gone to bat for [Fauxcahontas] when speaking to donors reluctant to support her…” Remember this all began when she just unleashed on Wall Street and all these Wall Street guys unleashed on her, and they immediately said that they wanted no part of her.

I remember my reaction. You know, you guys are a bunch of hypocrites. The Democrat Party is empowered in part because of you Wall Street guys. The idea that Wall Street gazillionaires support Republicans is an age-old myth that hasn’t been true in I don’t know how long. The modern-day Democrat Party is bankrolled by Wall Street, bankrolled by Hollywood, bankrolled by Silicon Valley. So when Fauxcahontas comes out says she doesn’t want Wall Street money, Wall Street says, “Oh, yeah? Oh, yeah? Well, you watch this!”

So they start making rumblings about supporting Trump or Mayor Pete. So then Mayor Pete becomes a darling of Silicon Valley. They host fundraisers for him at wine caves. Fauxcahontas attacks that. Now we learn that Obama has secretly been behind the scenes promoting her to “the very wealthy donors” that she is out ripping. So clearly Obama is not sucking up to The Squad. Obama is not sucking up to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or any of the rest of those people, and he’s certainly not sucking up to Crazy Bernie.

What is this? Is this a quiet way of Obama to undermine these wackos? Because that’s what he’s doing. But notice that he’s doing it in private. This had to leak out. Obama is not out in public extolling virtues of the Fauxcahontas. He’s doing it in private. It’s kind of like… You know, it’s like a back-room Operation Chaos, kind of like that. It’s like an Operation Chaos in back rooms that Obama is running to keep the Crazy Bernie, AOC Squad from wiling away with the number two position behind Biden.

Now, the reason they’re all focused on… People are sending emails, “You keep saying Biden is the frontrunner, Rush, but look at Mayor Pete. Why the focus on Mayor Pete?” Because he’s leading in Iowa, is why. See, Iowa, the Hawkeye Cauci, they’re first — and whoever wins the Hawkeye Cauci automatically gets momentum going into New Hampshire. Now, you don’t need to win the Hawkeye Cauci to win the whole thing, and you can win the whole thing if you don’t even show up in the Hawkeye Cauci.

But there’s no denying there’s a lot of momentum, and Mayor Pete is vastly far ahead in Iowa. So that’s why a lot of people are gunning for him now. So maybe… But now, does this mean that he’s also undermining Biden? Now, that’s an unknown answer. Is all of this behind-the-scenes extolling the virtues of Fauxcahontas to all these wealthy donors that don’t like her also an effort to undermine Biden, or is he trying to make Fauxcahontas the only possible vice presidential choice for Biden because it’s assumed that Biden can’t possibly end up serving two terms?

So this would be a way to satisfy the moderates. Get Biden in there, the nomination. Let him somehow be elected. Fauxcahontas is waiting in the wings as the number two. You get rid of The Squad, you get rid of Mayor Pete, and — as far as Obama’s concerned — you get rid of the radical left. You might be asking, “Well, why would Obama want to get rid of the radical leftists?” He really doesn’t but he can’t publicly support ’em.

Obama is a radical leftist, but you would have a tough time finding verbal evidence of this. You’d have to look at Obama’s actual performance, his policies, the things that he actually did and dreamed of doing. That’s where you find the true radical leftist instinct of Obama, but not in his speeches and not in his public pronouncements, and I think the reason… Obama would like the radical left to take over this country as much as anybody.

But he knows it isn’t majority, and he knows it can’t happen with people like Cortez and Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar as the faces of it. Remember, to these people, it’s the results that matter. It’s not the process that they get off on, although they enjoy the process. But the Democrat Party — for the longest time — has hidden who they really are. They’ve behind all kinds of masks and camouflage. It’s only recently that they have come out from behind all that stuff, and that happened when Obama was in the White House. They were feeling the glow of confidence.

And their world turned upside down when Hillary lost and so forth. So now they’re back to trying to make all these things happen behind the scenes. That’s why they’ll sabotage Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of them because that’s not the way to achieve their goal, having people like that be the face of it and admitting what their objectives are. I don’t care what you think. We have not gotten to the point in the country yet where radical leftist — proudly shouted, proudly expressed radical-leftist — policies are gonna win a majority of voters.

We’re not there yet.

Obama knows this.

It’s why Cortez and the rest of them have to be moved out of the way.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 03:27:20 am »

Advice for Young People on How to Achieve Success

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: Independence, Missouri, up next. This is Mark. It’s great to be with you, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Hey. Thanks, Rush. Merry Christmas. An open line Monday question for you not directly related to Democrat madness. Great talk to those young people, even if it was only eight minutes, a lot of great advice to the greatness of the country. Do you have any advice for them and all of us on success? I remember a couple years back you said very few in the radio business ask you about being a success in that business. I was astounded. I’d proudly ask you for advice for success, not necessarily in the radio business, but in life and taking advantage of our great country as this year approaches and I’m sure many young people would like to hear your advice as well.

RUSH: Okay. I’ll give this a shot. I have said over the years that there haven’t been, by comparison, I remember when I was a young teenager — I wanted to do radio since I was 8. So when I would run into anybody who was in it, I’d just ask them question after question after question. I asked so many questions, one guy said, “You know, it sounds to me like you’re more interested in how to do it than actually doing it.”

I said, “What do you mean?”

“Well, at some point you gotta stop asking questions and start doing things.”

And I said, “Well, I’m not old enough to start doing things. I’m not old enough to get hired yet.”

“Well, yes, you are, if you really want to, but at some point you gotta stop asking and you gotta start doing. You can’t learn everything about doing something just by asking about it.” Which I knew. It was still some relevant advice, probably from somebody who was tired of all my questions. But I have noticed that I’ve gotten much less of that than I sought myself.

And you know, I ask people in TV, ’cause it interests me, I’ll talk to veterans at Fox, “How many of these young people that you’ve hired have come to you and sought your advice about how to advance or how to do television, how to do what they’re trying to do?” It’s amazing the number of people who say none. They all show up thinking they know everything. If they’ve been hired, they think they know everything, and they don’t need any advice.

That’s just a casual observation. I don’t mean anything substantive by it. I think it’s just cultural differences. I think if there’s one thing about successful people that they all have in common is that they love it. Whatever it is, it’s their passion. It’s their number one passion. It’s the thing they love the most.

Unfortunately for a lot of people the thing they love the most is their hobby. Something they don’t get paid for. But the next thing to do is to realize that you live in a place with boundless opportunity. Don’t listen to the noise. Don’t listen to the pessimists. Do not seek advice from people who failed at what you want to do. ‘Cause they’re everywhere. And they don’t want to be alone.

I can’t tell you the number of people who tried to talk me out of it. “Rush, it’s vicious, it will eat you up and spit you out. The chances are so slim, it’s just a road to misery.” And I decided after a while not to listen to those people and then I decided after a while not to even talk to ’em. I was only gonna find people who had succeeded and try to learn from them.

Now, then there are basics. I don’t care what it is that you want to do, you have to have a well-rounded knowledge and more importantly, the ability to demonstrate that you have it. This is not just broadcasting and radio. You have to be able to communicate what you know. You have to do things that are going to inspire confidence in yourself.

You have to really like yourself to be confident. And it is confidence that will open up opportunity to you. It’s confidence that will allow you to transmit what you know in ways that are persuasive and impressive. Now, there’s some other things that are common too. Sadly, I’ve run out of time.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: If you ever have a chance to have a conversation with President Trump, you know what he talks about a lot? He talks about people who are great at what they do, the best at what they do. Don’t care what it is, he loves talking about people like that.

RUSH: Folks, when people ask me advice on success, you know, the problem with advice is that it can be limiting rather than expansive. And so that’s why I try to keep it generic. I appreciate the question. I appreciate the presumption that I know what to advise in success. I’ll give you an example why this is a bit of a challenge.

If you, let’s say, wanted to be in radio, let’s say that you wanted to do your own talk show and you went to anybody in broadcasting that could make a decision to hire you or not, and you tell ’em that you want to do a talk show, no one even today would advise you to do what I did. And yet this is a pretty successful venture. And nobody would tell you to do it.

When I started, the wizards of smart and the powers that be in radio tried to talk me out of doing what I do. They said, “You can’t do a show without guests, and you have to take calls, and it has to be about local things.” I didn’t want other people to be the reason my show had an audience. I was explaining over the weekend to people, somebody was saying, “You know, I’ve never heard a show like yours.” I said, “The only reason you say that is because mine’s the only one where there aren’t any guests.”

“Yeah, that’s right. Why is that?” And I said from a strict business standpoint, why should I invest — I’ve got an hour here, three hours. Why should I give any of that time regularly and as a routine to people who are not nearly as invested in the success of this show as I am? And why should I give a portion of this program every day to people that are already everywhere else in the media? There’s nobody out there that I can get that’s not everywhere else, and there’s nothing I can get them to say that they haven’t said anywhere else, so why? Why do what everybody else does?

“Well, because there’s a formula.” Well, there was. Talk radio shows had formula. Guests were paramount, issues being local was another thing that was paramount. Taking calls was paramount, and how you behaved with calls. Some people wanted insult hosts. Some people didn’t. But I just said, “Why should I join the fray?”

It happened at a juncture, too, where I thought I had one last chance to make this work, so I wanted to find out — I knew — so I wanted to demonstrate that I could be the reason people listened, not some endless parade of guests who don’t care about whether this show succeeds or not. They’re only here to hype a book or a movie or whatever. And they’re already everywhere else.

But even to this day if you walked into a radio station and wanted to do a talk show, nobody would tell you to do it like I do. That’s not a criticism. The point is, don’t be constrained by norms. Let your passion dictate what you want to do and be brave. And don’t listen to negativists, and other thing, whatever you do, do not get distracted and absorbed over things not under your control. It’s just a waste of time. It is a psychologically destructive thing to do to try to get involved in things that you can’t control. You have enough challenges trying to deal with those things that you can control.

But I really do think that wanting it is 80% of it, all things being equal. You’re educated, you’re able to speak. And I mean in anything. You don’t begin every sentence with, “So, uh, hey, what time — so let me look at my watch. What time — it’s, uhhh, 2:12.” Learn to speak what you think. Don’t be afraid to say what you think. And be passionate about what it is.

And if there’s no money in it, find a way to make money at it. Create the revenue stream if you can. It’s not universally true for everybody, but there’s no substitute for desire. One of the greatest tight ends in football today, a guy named George Kittle, number 85, San Francisco 49ers, he has a philosophy. He’s the hottest tight end in football now. He believes that once you get to the NFL, the talent is so pretty equal that the difference in success and failure in the NFL is mental. Focus, confidence, weeding out all distractions. Don’t get hung up on things you can’t control.

So George Kittle, the night before every game, goes solo and alone for three hours, mentally focusing on the game the next day, putting himself in circumstances that he foresees. Third-down situations, team winning, team losing, time left on the clock. He tries to arrange things so that whatever that happens in the game is not a surprise, that he’s mentally prepared for it because he’s already studied it, focused on it. The weather, if it’s raining, if it’s gonna be cold as hell, it’s all mental.

And when talking about the National Football League and the talent level, he’s right. I mean, the number of players qualified to play in the NFL is so few compared to the whole population, that by the time you get there, the differences in talent from position to position, they’re not much. There’s not a whole lot of drop-off until you get to third string. And even then, you’re still talking about people that are infinitely more qualified than the rest of the population. The difference for him is entirely mental. Focus.

Now, there’s some givens in this. I mean, physical ability, he’s got it. Don’t have work at that. He has to make sure he keeps it, have to work out and all that. That’s not something that he has to worry about. He’s tall enough, he weighs enough, he’s strong enough. He has to work at all that stuff, but everybody in the league does that.

But not everybody has the same mental toughness, the same focus, the same ability to overcome adversity. He thinks that’s the difference in winning and losing and championships in the National Football League. Well, you can apply that to anything in life that you want to do. And probably it’s not an easy thing to do, to sit around by yourself for three hours a night and try to imagine every circumstance that you could face the next day so that when it happens, you’re not surprised by it.

Some people would advise against doing this because all you’re gonna do is paralyze yourself. Game day comes and you’re gonna be waiting for those things to happen rather than having the ability to react to what does happen. But it works, it works for him.

And so therein is the last piece of advice. Don’t think there’s only one way to do anything because there isn’t. There are countless ways, and even now, depending on what it is you want to do, there are countless ways to do what you want to do that may not have been done before or may not have been done very often or frequently.

And remember that the pressure on everybody is to conform. Conformity creates the least amount of problems for bosses and managers. Nonconformity, that’s a problem. I am a nonconformist. It’s why I would never succeed in any corporate structure. Some people are made for it, though. This is the thing, there’s no right or wrong about whatever it is you want to do. Just find it. That’s half of it, if not more.

And how you find it is being honest with yourself about what you love and what your passions are. And what you want to be. Some people, “What do I want people to think of me?” Other people, “What do I want to do?” Whatever it is that motivates you.

I’ve often found that one of the worst things you can do, though, is to get even with people you think wronged you in the past. “I’m gonna succeed at this just so those people will see they were wrong.” Fine. Let it motivate you awhile, but don’t let that be why you’re doing what you’re doing, ’cause they’ll never acknowledge it anyway. You’ll never get the satisfaction you seek.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: White Lake, Michigan. This is August. You’re next, sir. Great to have you.

CALLER: (garbled cell connection) Rush, I can’t thank you enough. You’ve given me a great, wonderful Christmas present. You and Snerdley are fabulous, your staff.

RUSH: (chuckles)

CALLER: God bless you. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays to whoever’s listening.

RUSH: Thank you, sir. Everybody appreciates that.

CALLER: Well, thank you. We appreciate you, and I was able while I was waiting to hear how our own president — who I think’s fantastic — gave you a tremendous introduction at a rally, and he was spot on. And you deserve all the accolades you get because you, sir, have done it. You are the voice of reason in this country. I’m 65. I’ve been listening to you for years when I can, and I continue to learn from you. You educate me, you inspire me, and I’m gonna make a difference too.

And I’m gonna get more involved in two things that most people don’t want to, and that’s gonna be politics and religion. We have freedom in this country! Now, I can go worship wherever I want. You can’t do that in a lot of countries in the world. I can go visit friends and relatives in any state and even leave the country. You can’t do that in many countries of the world. You can’t even leave your own neighborhoods, let alone things that you might not be able to do.

This country gives tremendous possibilities to everyone. I don’t understand the division. I don’t understand the so-called hatred. I don’t have time for hatred. I don’t even have time for dislike! But I have time for life, for liberty, and the pursuit of happiness — and I’m thankful every day that I can do that. And it’s life! I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve lived. I’ve done some good things. I’ve done some bad things. I’ve confronted all kinds of people, but I am living, and I hope to God I live for another 40 like Moses in the desert.

RUSH: Well, wanting to is part of the deal.

CALLER: Absolutely, and you talk about some of these (unintelligible) like always do. The young man that wanted to know about… When I see successful people, what I found in my lifetime is, first of all, they’ve got a vision. There’s the vision, and then that vision they’re so passionate about, like you said, and they won’t stop at nothing until that vision becomes reality. Whatever it takes. And it could be… I’ve said it in any industry, medical, manufacturing, technology, and (unintelligible) people that (unintelligible) —

RUSH: That’s absolutely true. I tell everybody who I run into, “There’s so much pessimism. I think pessimism is a natural human tendency,” as I have constantly reminded people. Pessimism is easy. Negativism easy. We all know how to do it. Sadly, for some people, it’s their natural state. Optimism takes application. Thinking positively, you gotta stop and do it. Most people do. For all of the pessimism… I’ve run into people, “No, I can’t do that. The deck’s stacked against me.”

Well, all this pessimism and negativity is out there. All you have to do is open your eyes and look at the contraindications. There are people succeeding wildly every day. How’s it possible if it isn’t possible? People are doing it. Tune out the noise, remain dedicated to your desires, and be patient. That’s a tough one too. Anyway, I appreciate, August, your really nice comments. I do. Thank you so much.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 03:28:14 am »

The Climate Always Changes, But We’re Not the Cause

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: This is Jim in Florida. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello, sir.

CALLER: Thank you, Rush, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

RUSH: Thank you.

CALLER: Directional gyro dittos to you. I’ve been wanting to point out… I wish to thank you for your unambiguous statement that climate change is a hoax, because rocks and fossils do not lie, and they do not have an agenda. The earth has gone through so many climactic changes that are well documented through all the years — and had we not discovered earth fuel and how to use it, there would not be a tree left on the planet.

RUSH: Exactly right. This is just so much common sense! You know, the point I always try to make when I say, “Climate change a hoax,” is add “man-made.” The fact that you’re doing it? It’s a hoax. The climate, the earth is changing constantly. The speed it rotates on the axis, the orbit around the Sun, it’s all manifestly changing in different ways. It’s wobbling here and there, getting back to normal. Temperatures fluctuate. It’d be hard to establish what’s the norm.

This is the thing about this movement that’s always amazed me is that the arrogance of these people who assume that what everything was climate-wise 20 years ago is a normal, is the baseline against what we’re gonna judge everything since. How do they know? Nobody’s been alive long enough to have any idea what the actual norms of this planet are. The norm could be an ice age for thousands of years, and we could be between two of ’em. It’s just so asinine to claim that man is causing these dramatic changes when we haven’t the ability to cause or to stop any of it.

I appreciate the call.

Thank you, sir.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 03:29:05 am »

What If the Soviet Union Won the Cold War?

Dec 23, 2019

RUSH: Who was next on the phones? We try to focus… (interruption) What? (interruption) Oh, yeah. What was his name? (interruption) Darrell. He was calling from where? (interruption) Somewhere in Louisiana. We had a guy… I told Snerdley, “Make sure he doesn’t go away,” but he had to go away. I had diarrhea of the mouth; he couldn’t hold on. (interruption) Pineville? (interruption) Pineville, Louisiana. He wanted to know what would have happened if the Soviet Union had won the Cold War.

I’m gonna take this question. There’s a reason I wanted Darrell to hold on. I have been thinking about discussing this for the past month, and I decided against it ’cause I didn’t want to call attention to this. Do you realize how much, by the way, that limits me? When this show was young and didn’t have that big an audience, I could talk about anything without fear that it was gonna call attention to it and make it even more popular.

Well, now, since I am so famous — “a household name in all four corners of the world” — that whatever I talk about something… It’s like if I pick something out that I don’t like and start focusing on it, all I’m doing is creating curiosity about it, causing people to check it out, which is the exact opposite of what I want to happen. So I have to decide not to talk about it. So Darrell calls: “What woulda happened if the Soviet Union had won the Cold War?”

Well, there’s a television show out there that tackles the premise in the same way. What if the Soviets had beaten us to the Moon? I started to watch this show, and I had to turn it off in the second episode, ’cause it’s nothing but a left-wing political screech vehicle. I don’t even want to describe it in great detail ’cause all it’s gonna do is make you want to find out what it is. You’re gonna watch it, and it will defeat the whole purpose here of my criticizing it.

But it’s another one of these “America sucks. We could have so much better. If the Soviets had beaten us to the Moon, our space program would have been so much better than it was.” Who thinks this way? Who thinks this way? Of course, I’m right, and as I watch tech blogs, media critics, they love this show — and you know why? ‘Cause it’s all about left-wing identity politics. You know why the Soviets beat us to the Moon? Because it was nothing but white men in charge of the space program in this show.

White men were evil and rotten, and they didn’t let women do anything, didn’t let African-Americans do anything — and in this show, the Soviets beat us and humiliate us and embarrass us. I’m saying, “What is the purpose of this?” These guys love this show because it is women who finally make it to the Moon when the United States was a much more fair and much more just and much more open society — and it’s all fiction! All it is, is a vehicle to be hypercritical in the identity politics fashion of the American left.

Now, I know some of you know the show I’m talking about. Others ask, “What is it, Rush? What is it? We want to watch.” No. I’m not gonna tell you. Find it on your own. It isn’t gonna be hard now. You gotta just Google search the two words I mentioned, and it will tell you. But I had to turn it off. But many of these critics on the left say, “Best show! Best show ever on this network.” I just… So, what woulda happened had the Soviets had won Cold War?

You know, Amazon has a show called Man in the High Castle. What would have happened if Hitler had won World War II? I tried to watch the show. (interruption) Well, the same with me. I couldn’t get past the first episode of it. I even understood the premise and I couldn’t get through the first episode. These “what-if?” scenarios… I’ve often had a saying, “‘If’ is for children,” and “what-ifs?” are for infants. “What if the Soviets had won the Cold War?”

But they didn’t! Okay. So we could imagine: What would the United States be like had the Soviets won and taken control and we had become a communist nation? (chuckles) Well, you wouldn’t want any part of it, and the first people that would have been imprisoned are the very leftist journalists and advocates who think they would get most favored nation status of the Soviet leaders or communist leaders.

But, I mean (chuckles), America would really not be what it is if that had happened. But you see, folks, there was no way that was going to happen. The Soviet Union could not… I was talking about this over the weekend with somebody who said, “The Soviet Union was a massive cultural power.” No, it wasn’t! The Soviet were not a competing, massive cultural powerhouse. It was a Third World nation with a First World military. It never competed with us culturally.

That’s just propaganda bunk.
Support the USO