Author Topic: Where I Been  (Read 1241 times)

Online sneakypete

Re: Where I Been
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
888high58888

My sister, the whacko-liberal shrink, finds it to be a fault in me, that I have no desire to wander... That I coujdn't give a rusty crap for how folks do it elsewhere... that I hold no desire to see far away places, and to taste all the many flavors available in the whole wide world...

That is why she is a whacko-liberal shrink, I think. She cannot understand.

@roamer_1

No,she is a shrink because the world makes no sense to her,and she is trying to figure it out. There is no such critter as a well-balanced and happy shrink. They all chose that specialty for a reason,and THEY all go to see shrinks. When you think about it,it's kind of a mental and social circle-jerk.
It takes an special kind of "Stoopid" to make Trump look like a defenseless victim and gain public sympathy,but damned if the Dims didn't pull it off!

Online bigheadfred

• Bobaladinga
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2020, 07:55:27 PM »
@roamer_1

No,she is a shrink because the world makes no sense to her,and she is trying to figure it out. There is no such critter as a well-balanced and happy shrink. They all chose that specialty for a reason,and THEY all go to see shrinks. When you think about it,it's kind of a mental and social circle-jerk.

Ok. I thought about it. For 2.3 seconds. Anyone got any mental floss?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2020, 07:56:19 PM »
---------------------
Roamer, insightful reflection and a reminder of our addiction to speed.
A tale from the past.
Years ago, while chatting w/a neighbor, her daughter, who was soon to marry, joined us.
After the pleasantries, I asked her, their plans and she told me they were going to tour
Europe, flying here, there and everywhere else possible. I listened, then made a suggestion.
"Have you ever considered trains?" whereupon she started giggling and said "Oh don't be silly."
I told her of my experiences and assured her that the Trains actually functioned in Europe as
well as the rest of the word. She said she'd think about it and talk it over w/her other half.
Some 20 months later I saw her again and her first words were, "I want to thank you for your
advice as it changed everything for us. While flying home from London, I remembered your words: You won't see much of the European Countryside from 32,000 feet: so obviously true!!!"
Perhaps if we slowed down and paused from time to time we'd have a better understanding of
events and our circumstances. In any event, be well.

Exactly right! And lest I dwell too long, and seem to deal harshly with those who flit here and there across the breadth of the earth... That would not be my point. But rather to offer a finer focus and a change in perspective.

'well-traveled' can be a subjective term depending upon that perspective - Be it the whole wide world, this world of mine that seldom stretches beyond two counties, or simply the world contained between two covers and in the musty timeless pages of an ancient tome.

You be well too!
 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete

That's right, to me... And likely why I find no value in their council.
I find my best council in old men with worn boots and calloused hands... Or in their female equivalent.

Offline darroll

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »
La Push, Washington  22chief

Online sneakypete

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2020, 05:44:38 PM »
@sneakypete

That's right, to me... And likely why I find no value in their council.
I find my best council in old men with worn boots and calloused hands... Or in their female equivalent.

@roamer_1

Who better to ask about how to live a happy life than old people that are happy?

Never understood why people purposely go to see someone as mentally disturbed as a shrink in order to learn how to be happy.

Do they also go to a bootlegger or a crack dealer to learn how to be sober?
It takes an special kind of "Stoopid" to make Trump look like a defenseless victim and gain public sympathy,but damned if the Dims didn't pull it off!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf