Author Topic: The Preposterous Success Story of America’s Pillow King  (Read 651 times)

Offline mrclose

The Preposterous Success Story of America’s Pillow King
« on: December 20, 2019, 12:18:43 am »
This is to prove that my entire life doesn't wrap around politics and because ... I like these kinds of stories myself!

**snip**
As so many great entrepreneurial success stories do, the tale of Mike Lindell begins in a crack house. It was the fall of 2008, and the then 47-year-old divorced father of four from the Minneapolis suburbs had run out of crack, again.

He had been up for either 14 or 19 days—he swears it was 19 but says 14 because “19 just sounds like I’ve embellished”—trying to save his struggling startup and making regular trips into the city to visit his dealer, Ty.

This time, Lindell arrived at Ty’s apartment expecting the typical A-plus service and received a shock instead: The dealer refused his business.

Ty wasn’t going to sell him any more crack until he ended his binge. He’d also called the two other dealers Lindell used and ordered them to do the same. “I don’t want any of your people selling him anything until he goes to bed,” Ty told the dealers.

When Lindell protested, he cut him off: “Go to bed, Mike.”

Many people would be ashamed by this story. Lindell tells it all the time. “I was like, ‘Wow, drug dealers care!’ ” he says. “That’s what it felt like, this incredible intervention.”

The moment wasn’t the end of his drug abuse, which started in his 20s when he owned bars and stretched through the early years of MyPillow, the Chaska, Minn., company he founded in 2005 to fulfill his dream of making “the world’s best pillow.”

It was, however, his low point.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-preposterous-success-story-of-america-s-pillow-king
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:48:19 am by mystery-ak »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online libertybele

Re: The Preposterous Success Story of America’s Pillow King
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 12:37:00 am »
I tried the "MyPillow".  Truly the worst pillow I've ever had.  I felt bad because I asked for it for Christmas and wound up taking it back and purchasing another brand of pillow.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 12:47:13 am »
I tried the "MyPillow".  Truly the worst pillow I've ever had.  I felt bad because I asked for it for Christmas and wound up taking it back and purchasing another brand of pillow.

I hate them too....made my shoulders hurt since I sleep on my side...back to my down pillows....gave the mypillows to my son and his wife, they love them...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 12:57:43 am »
My "other half" loves hers but I just can't sleep with any pillow that isn't as flat as a pancake!

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 01:08:23 am »
Quite a story.
But... it makes me wonder...
The guy is selling so many pillows that...
What happens when just about everybody has one?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 02:05:54 am »
Clown gives new meaning to the word boring!!!