Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 18th  (Read 467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Dec. 18th
« on: December 18, 2019, 06:54:05 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Alyssa Milano Rallies for Impeachment: “I’m Premenopausal and I’m Angry!”

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: At one of these rallies the Democrats have purchased last night in Los Angeles — pro-impeachment rally — actress-activist Alyssa, Milano. Does this woman show up at every one of these? (interruption) She does. Isn’t she one of the Weinstein babes? (interruption)

Is Alyssa, Milano one of the one Wein…? (interruption) She — she’s a…? (interruption) Alyssa? Well, what am I saying? (interruption) Elisa? (interruption) Alyssa, L-y…? (interruption) A-l-y-s-s-a. Alyssa. All right. Well, I… (interruption) Okay. (chortle) Excuse me. Alyssa, not Elisa. Anyway, is she one of these #MeToo babes? (interruption) That’s what I thought. They’re all over the place. They are constantly political. Here is what she said at the rally last night…

MILANO: (screaming) Listen to me very carefully! I am angry!

CROWD: (hooting)

MILANO: If he thought Greta was angry, he’s seen nothing yet! I’m premenopausal and I am angry!

CROWD: (screeching)

RUSH: What is it with these women? “I’m premenopausal, and I’m angry, and I’m wearing a vagina hat and I’m angry — and I’m a maaaad woman.” What was it that what’s her name, Judd, said, “nasty woman”? Who was it, Andrea Judd? What’s her name? (interruption) Ramona Judd? Judy Judd? What’s her name? (interruption) Ashley Judd! That’s it. “I’m a nasty woman.” “I am premenopausal. I’ve got my vagina hat on. Grab it, Trump! I dare you.”

They’re going nuts, folks. They are wacko. If he thinks Greta Thunberg is mad? I feel sorry for Greta Thunberg. The Democrats and people like them have destroyed that young girl’s life. They’ve taken away her dreams. They’ve convinced her she’s not got a life span longer than 20 years, all for the advancement of a stupid, bogus political agenda: Climate change. She now hates her parents because of left-wing politics.

I feel sorry for her — and they hoist her up and they use her, knowing that she has autism or Asperger’s as a disability, and they do it on purpose! They do it on purpose. They throw disabled people out there on purpose so as to ensure nobody can dare criticize them. They use them — and when they no longer have any use for ’em, they forget about them, toss them away, throw ’em away. “Go out and find your carbon-neutral trip back home on your own, Greta.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 18th
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 06:54:38 pm »

The Liberation of Donald John Trump

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: The Democrats know it. The Drive-By Media knows it. American leftists know it. They know they’ve bombed out. They know that this is a gigantic failure and a gigantic zero. And they know that they are trending in the wrong direction. They also know that there’s nothing here. Nobody is reacting to a president being impeached in any way different than they react to any news story during the week.

In fact, the reaction to this probably has more boredom attached to it than the reaction to your average news story during the day, during the busy broadcast week. And the media know it, folks. I understand their psychology. I’ve been studying them my whole life. And they believed from the get-go that they were going to bring public opinion to their side. They are that arrogant, and they are that cocky. They are that certain that the media being on their side would result in a massive wave of public opinion supporting them.

It’s going the other way. They are feeling a gigantic letdown. This is not happening anywhere near the way that they dreamed about it, that they planned it. It’s going the other. And they are now openly lamenting the fact it just seems unremarkable. There doesn’t seem anything unique or special about this. And the reason is quite simple. They don’t have public opinion.

When you’ve got public opinion on your side for anything, it’s unmistakable. You can look out across the country and you can know it, you can feel it, you can sense it. They don’t have it. They haven’t had it since they first began this. And when did they begin this? They began this before Trump was inaugurated. They began talking about impeaching Trump a couple of days after the election. I want to take you back to me on this program January 23rd, 2017. It’s a couple days after Trump was inaugurated.

RUSH ARCHIVE: The entire Washington establishment is opposed to him. The media is trying to undermine him. The Democrat Party’s trying to undermine him as they set up what will no doubt be impeachment proceedings when they think it’s time to do it. That will happen. Trump has nothing but the people that voted for him, and if the media can soften some of their verve — if the media can succeed in separating some Trump supporters from him — then their theory is he will be weakened even further and exposed even more as fraudulently and illegitimately elected and illegitimately serving.

This election is not over. This election is not cemented. It is not validated. It isn’t real, because Trump is illegitimate, and the only thing Trump has — and it’s important. It’s the most important thing. The only thing he’s got are his supporters. And therefore his supporters have got to stay as energetic and as front and center and as supportive as they were during the campaign. … It is really important that the people that voted for him maintain their support and be publicly willing to demonstrate it.

RUSH: Imagine that, folks, two days after the election, two days. Did I call it or did I call it? And a lot of other people have. And not only have Trump supporters stood by his side, they have expanded in number, and particularly in the past two weeks. The polling data for the Democrats’ impeachment move is going south. They are losing ground, and they know it, and they can’t — I’m not exaggerating here. They really find themselves in a circumstance that they don’t believe.

They are so certain of their ability to shape public opinion. Look at the weapons they’ve got. They have a totally slavish media which in many cases is running their operation for them. They have local media. They have no opposition, they have nobody opposing him, nobody stopping him except one man, Donald Trump. And Donald Trump single-handedly — of course he’s got his army of supporters, and they’re right in there, and it’s relevant. He’s got some media people helping him out as well.

And look at this letter that he wrote Pelosi. They don’t know what to do with this. He wrote a letter that specifically spells out everything they are doing that is wrong, that is unjustified. They’re not used to this kind of behavior. They’re not used to this kind of fighting back. They’re not used to the intensity of the way Trump fights back. They are not used to a Republican not giving up. They’re not used to Republicans not caving.

They simply have been hit with things that they don’t have any experience with. They have been hit with behavior by Trump they have no reservoir of experience to call on. They don’t know how to deal with it. These are not people that deal with adversity, folks. The media doesn’t give them any adversity. The media never challenges them. They never have to explain what they’re doing. They never get called out on any of the scandal or controversy they engage in. And if they ever do get called out on some minor things, it’s swept under the rug and thrown aside as though it never happened in the first place.

Donald Trump represents a form of adversity that they literally have no experience in dealing with. And it’s obvious that they don’t know how to deal with it. And that frustrates them. They already think Trump is barely above the level of scum on the life chart. They can’t believe that somebody barely above the level of scum is outsmarting them, outstrategizing them, outenergizing them, outlasting them. And it’s now all starting to show.

Pelosi and some of the women were wearing black. Have you seen that? They’re wearing black to signify what a horrible day. They’re wearing black because this is the beginning of their funeral. I said yesterday that they’re in the process of digging their grave. Today the grave gets dug deep to handle a whole lot of Democrat political carcasses and bodies that are gonna end up in this grave once we get to the election aftermath in November. Can I give you an example of how deranged they are?

Let’s go to the actress… Oh, there’s a bunch of rallies today. This is another indication how… There’s a bunch of rallies, bought and paid for by George Soros money, Tom Steyer money, take your pick. There’s a bunch of rallies pro-impeachment, pro-Democrat rallies today. The thing is, they’re not organic. They are planned, they are orchestrated, they’re organized, and they are paid for. And they look like every other anti-Trump rally that has occurred since he was elected and then in the transition and then inaugurated.

It all looks the same. Everything the Democrats do looks the same, it sounds the same, and none of it has worked in terms of the objective. The objective has been to separate Trump supporters from Trump. The objective has been to gin up public opinion opposed to Trump in favor of impeachment. They have failed. I’m gonna tell you what they haven’t calculated. There’s one thing they haven’t calculated, ladies and gentlemen. That is, after today…

You know, the Republicans, by the way, are trying to delay the proceedings in the House because everybody knows that at some point today, we’re gonna get to vote on the articles, and the House is gonna… And the media’s having orgasms today, and the media’s having orgasms over nothing. The American people are not wired into this. The American people are not setting viewing records watching this.

The American people are slowly but surely tuning out of it because there’s nothing here. There’s no substance, and there’s no evidence, and there’s no outrage, and there isn’t anything that compels viewing. What they’re doing is boring people because it’s the recitation of nothing over and over and over again. So the Republicans are trying to delay this so the actual vote on the articles happens at like 1:30 or 2 a.m. tomorrow. I don’t know if they’re gonna succeed, but that’s one of the objectives.

Pelosi just went out there in black with her hand over her heart trying to act like this is so painful. (laughing) Don’t fall for it. Here’s the thing they haven’t figured on. After this is done, you know what is possible? It is possible that Donald John Trump is going to feel liberated like he hasn’t felt his entire term? I mean, after this, what else can they do? After this, they will have thrown everything they’ve got — and he’s still going to be there. This may backfire on them in ways they are not even calculating yet.

Can you imagine an even more energized Trump? Can you imagine an even more focused Trump? Can you imagine an even more controlled, angry Trump? Can you imagine a Trump more focused on his agenda than ever? Because after today, what more can they do? Now, some of you might be saying, “Well, Rush, the trial.” No, no, no, no. The trial is gonna be dismissed. McConnell’s not gonna fall for this. Schumer doesn’t have anything. Schumer’s in the minority. Schumer, all he can do is pontificate.

All Schumer and the Democrats can do is blowhard, pass gas — verbal gas. They can’t do anything, folks. They don’t have the power to call any witnesses. I’ll get into that in more detail as the program unfolds. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that because Schumer goes to the microphones and the media amplifies what Schumer says. Once it gets to the Senate, Schumer has nothing to say about anything in terms of the finality of it, because Chuck Schumer is gonna be bitten by something he’s done before.

He has… When he was in the Senate majority with Dingy Harry, they wrote rules in the Senate that took even more power away from the minority, which Chuck You Schumer now is in the minority. He’s gonna be hoisted on his own petard, as you would say. But seriously, after this, why should Trump cooperate with ’em on anything? And yet they did. They cooperated with Trump yesterday on a budget bill, all kinds of new defense spending.

The Democrats couldn’t wait to sign that bill with Trump, despite the fact they hate him. If they think Trump is mean and out of control now, wait until the day arrives where Trump feels liberated. I mean, if you’re president and you’ve been behaving in a way that maybe you can talk ’em out of doing this… Maybe you don’t want impeachment on the resume. Maybe you don’t want that asterisk. Maybe you don’t want the blemish on the historical record of your presidency. So maybe you try to act a little cooperative here, a little cooperative there.

Maybe you take steps to see maybe you can talk ’em down. But once that’s gone, once they have pulled the political trigger on the biggest weapon they’ve got and you’re still standing? Ha! Something I think they never, ever calculate. They always assume that their targets are gonna be destroyed. They always assume their targets are gonna be weakened. They always assume their targets are gonna be dispirited. They always assume their targets are gonna be exhausted.

They always assume their targets are gonna be depressed and in need of Prozac. They’re used to the fact that their targets usually quit and give up, start talking about cooperation, reaching across the aisle. In other words, they’re used to RINOs. They are used to compliant Never Trumpers who will do anything to get along with the people they think run the town. Donald Trump doesn’t care about any of that. Trump himself has a rally tonight in Battle Creek at about same time these clowns are voting on impeachment.

Which do you think is gonna be the more entertaining and compelling to watch? Believe me, folks, the Drive-By Media and the Democrats, they know it; they sense it. There just isn’t any public clamor for this. There isn’t any public fascination with it. There isn’t any massive public interest. People are not taking the day off to watch this historic day because in most people’s opinion, this is not an historic day. The Democrats and the media have tried to build it up as something so historic that it’s worth a day off.

It’s worth a vacation day. It’s worth the American people stopping in their tracks — and the American people are not stopping in their tracks, and the Drive-By Media is well aware, as you will soon hear.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 07:23:24 pm »

Court Throws Out New York Case Against Manafort

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: On the subject of the FISA warrant… Oh, it’s Manafort! What I wanted to tell you is the New York court has thrown out the case that the New York courts are trying against Manafort. What it means is, it’s throwing the case out on the basis of double jeopardy, that Manafort can’t be tried for this over again. What it means is that Trump can now pardon him. Here it is: “Paul Manafort Has New York State Fraud Prosecution DISMISSED Because of Double Jeopardy.”

This is the New York state attorney general, Letitia James. She had her case against Manafort thrown out by the judge because New York was simply gonna try him again for something he’s already been tried for and found guilty of. It “opens the way for a presidential pardon or commutation” by Donald Trump — and, by the way, the reason that they were going after Manafort and all these guys in New York was to take the pardon process away from Trump.

And now that plan, at least in the case of Manafort, has gone up in smoke.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 07:24:02 pm »

The Drive-Bys Know They’ve Failed

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: The Drive-By Media today wanted this to be a grave day — very grave, historic and solemn. They wanted people to stop what they were doing and to get very, very serious and solemn, and to understand how desperately needed and important it is to get Donald Trump thrown out of office so as to save the world. But they haven’t pulled it off. They wanted to be the priests! Well, not really because they don’t like God/religion.

But they wanted to be the equivalent of the father-confessor. But they know it’s BS. They know it’s all politics. They know it’s not grave. They know it’s not solemn. They know that you have not fallen into line. Here’s F. Chuck Todd this morning, NBC special coverage. Lester Holt says, “Pause for this moment in time, if you will. Impeachment. It’s a stain, it’s a mark of shame, something that will be noted in history.”

TODD: I was struck both just last night and this morning how unremarkable today has suddenly felt — suddenly feels. And I say that because it is remarkable what’s happening, it is historic what’s happening, and yet it feels like… Let’s be honest, Lester. It feels like we’re coming on the air dealing with a government shutdown threat, not impeachment. And the reason I say it that way is because that is how numb I think our politics is to what we’re facing. I mean, this should be a moment where the whole country is basically having their own gut check, where we are having a national conversation trying to figure this out. The fact that we’re not having it just tells you how numb we are to the politics that we participate in.

RUSH: No, Chuck. No. It’s a testament to how ineffective your coup has been.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We told you yesterday CNN has an impeachment poll in which the support for impeachment fell among Democrats from 90% to 77%. Democrat support for impeachment in the CNN poll fell from 90% to 77%. In addition, CNN’s latest poll found that support for impeachment overall was down 9% since the hearings in the Schiff basement hearing room began.

In addition to that, the president’s approval number has either held steady or in many polls it has gone up. And, in fact, there’s a story today from one of the Drive-By analysts wringing his hands. He said, “I can’t believe it. There hasn’t been a president in our lifetimes with an approval number that’s been this rock solid ever.” And it’s true. Trump’s approval, no matter what poll you look at, has been anywhere from 43 to 45%. Over at Rasmussen he hits 50, 51. Well, they don’t count Rasmussen. It’s an outlier to them in the Drive-By Media.

And the reason it was causing hand wringing is they haven’t moved it. They haven’t moved Trump’s number down. Look, they were able to get George W. Bush down to the 30’s. Now, it took ’em about six years. It didn’t happen overnight. You know, George W. Bush was in the 50’s after 9/11 and then the high 40’s and the mid-40’s and low-40’s and finally in the 30’s. It took a little time and it was a long trend line.

They haven’t even been able to create the downward trend line for Trump. And they’ve thrown everything they’ve got at him, every allegation — treason, stealing an election, colluding with a foreign — I think, you know, Chuck Todd’s worried that this isn’t remarkable. I think the American people are fully aware of how outrageously remarkable their charges have been, and the American people are very clear on the fact they haven’t seen any evidence for any of it, starting with the Mueller report, but even before that. There’s no evidence for anything. These charges are so outrageous and over the top, I don’t think anybody really believed them to begin with in a serious majority sense.

You talk about overreach, and it’s classic overreach, done by people who keep failing. It’s kind of like in the old days, the old comedians, the shock comedians. It used to be in a Victorian era that manners and politeness and no curse words and all that stuff was the rule of the day. And at some point, as culture matured and various generations came along, people went over the line, and they started saying “damn it” instead of “darn it,” and they started saying “hell.”

Then they started saying other things that were a little bit worse than that. And it just kept going. Now on primetime TV you hear common, everyday slang words that just 10 years ago you wouldn’t hear, and nobody says a peep about it. Well, that’s what the Democrats have done. They’ve thrown everything they’ve got, started out, nothing stuck, nothing stuck. They kept adding to it, kept adding to it to the point now that they’re just ridiculous with the things that they’re alleging.

They couldn’t make the first thing stick. These things have no hope of sticking, beyond the Democrat base that will believe whatever they are told about things. Remember the objective has not been the Democrat base. The objective has been to separate Trump voters from Trump. So CNN’s poll comes out yesterday. Seventy-seven percent of Democrats oppose impeachment, down from 90%. Jeffrey Toobin was on CNN this morning (paraphrasing), “I don’t believe it.” He said, “I don’t believe that poll for one second. The 90 to 77%. I don’t believe it. It makes no sense that number would change like that. David, that poll is wrong, just because I said so.” He’s talking to the political director, David Chalian. “That’s not right. Just can’t be.”

Now, David Chalian is the guy that does the poll. He’s the political director. That’s who Toobin is saying, “I don’t believe your poll.” And Chalian, of course, has gotta defend his poll. He said, “Well, I don’t know what’s not to believe. You call people on the phone, you get their information, you pop out a survey. That’s what we’ve polled. That’s what the people we talked to told us.”

Toobin says, “I don’t believe it. I just don’t believe it.” Isn’t it great, they are now disputing their own polls. Here is Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, this morning on NBC special coverage of the House impeachment vote. Lester Holt says, “Talk about the weight of history on Nancy Pelosi shoulders.” Give me a break, Lester, see, this is where you people are losing. The weight of history on Pelosi’s shoulders? It’s the weight of history on her guilt, on her conscience. Pelosi knew that this was the wrong thing to do from the get-go. She did it anyway. But here’s Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington.

MITCHELL: Nancy Pelosi has been a remarkable figure in all of this. She is completely maligned and dismissed and attacked in this extraordinary letter, this six-page letter that the president obviously had a great hand in writing and was aided with Stephen Miller, one of his most hardline domestic advisers. Nancy Pelosi has been dignified and really straightforward. She understands the politics. They could lose control of the House.

RUSH: (Gasping) Talk about burying the lead. They could lose control of the House. And that’s supposed to tell us how serious Pelosi is, how dire this president and his consequences are, how unacceptable. Why, it’s even worth losing the House over.

No, it isn’t. There isn’t a thing in the world that would make Nancy Pelosi say, “even if it costs me the House I’m gonna do it.” There’s nothing that matters more to her. Now, some of you might disagree with. “Rush, you’ve said it yourself. Their hatred of Trump is irrational. Everything about them with Trump is irrational. It’s entirely possible that Pelosi would indeed throw away House leadership and Democrat control just to get Trump.”

Maybe. But I don’t think that’s what this means. You see, you need to be able to read between the lines. You need to be able to see the stitches on the curveball. And there’s nobody better at that when the Democrats are throwing the pitches than me. And what this sound bite means, she buried the lead. They could lose control of the House. What does that mean?

It means this is bombing out. It means there is no reason to do it. It means they know they do not have anywhere near public support for this. Doing this is gonna cost them the House? That’s the shocking reality, and they’re too far in, they’re too deep, they can’t recall it, they can’t call it back. When Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, says at the very end of the bite they could lose control of the House, it means they know they have failed.

Their dream was to do this and bring millions and millions of Americans along and they wanted accolades and they wanted appreciation, they wanted support, they wanted people thanking them for saving America from this ogre, Donald Trump, and they wanted to be swept into landslide victory after landslide victory next November. They know that isn’t gonna happen.

So in the midst of doing the most important thing they’ve ever done, in the midst of doing their constitutional duty, they’re faced with losing the House. If you’re gonna lose votes doing this, it means that you have made a grave error in judgment.

Here’s Doug Schoen, a Clinton pollster back in the nineties, big-time Democrat strategist and analyst on Fox. He was asked by Bill Hemmer today, “How does all this affect the Democrats? What is your sense, Doug, based on the polling or people to whom you have spoken?”

SCHOEN: This is not helping the Democratic Party. When you look at swing states and swing voters, they’ve had it with this impeachment — and, frankly, for voters who really don’t care a lot about the intricacies of the House process, they’re turned off. This is the most partisan process I think we’ve ever seen. I was part of Bill Clinton’s defense team in 1999. There was some sense that this was a bipartisan process even if people disagreed. They’re not gonna win the next election on this Ukraine issue or on impeachment.

RUSH: Right, and they haven’t run on anything else other than “Donald Trump sucks.” Now, meanwhile, there’s the record Donald Trump has amassed and the Republicans — and the story Donald Trump has to tell about the total reversal of economic circumstances in this country alone — and they don’t have a counter, because they haven’t even been on that field. They have been on one playing field, and they’ve been on it alone, and that field is the “hate Trump” field.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 07:45:42 pm »

The Washington Free Beacon Corrects the Record

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: As you know, the latest opinion audit on me from the Sullivan Group’s various branches offices Northern California has my accuracy rate documented to be almost always right 99.8% of the time. Yesterday on this program, I shared details of a story at American Greatness by Julie Kelly, and it was about Never Trumpers — who they are, some of their history — and it cited some facts, made some assertions about various people at the Washington Free Beacon.

So last night I’m minding my own business, bothering no one — which is very hard for me to do. It’s very hard for me to bother no one. My existence bothers a lot of people. But last night, I wasn’t bothering anybody. I got an email from the editor, head honcho of the Washington Free Beacon, Michael Goldfarb. “Mr. Limbaugh, I am the founder and chairman of Washington Free Beacon. In advance of your show tomorrow, I hope you will consider the following facts in response to that American Greatness piece, which informs some of your closing remarks on your show today.

“First, Matthew Continetti is not the editor of the Free Beacon. Eliana Johnson took over that role in September.” Continetti was identified in the American Greatness piece as a Never Trumper and as an editor of the Free Beacon. “Matthew Continetti,” says Mr. Goldfarb… I’m reading from the email I got. “Matthew Continetti is not a Never Trumper. He has written dozens of columns defending the president from attacks over the past three years, and here’s just one example,” and it’s linked. “Point 3: Bill Kristol was my first boss when I came to Washington 20 years ago.

“He remains a friend, but he’s not affiliated in any way with the Washington Free Beacon. The Washington Free Beacon does not in any way reflect Bill Kristol’s view of the president. Point 4: We are not and never have been a Never Trump publication. Our editor was on CBS this weekend making the case against impeachment. We did some of the best stories on Hillary Clinton in 2016 from unearthing the tapes of her laughing about the child rapist that she helped get out of jail in the 1970s in Arkansas to the diary of her closest friend and confidant that had her mocking Lewinsky and other Clinton accusers.

“We continue to do some of the best reporting on the Democrats heading into 2020, including on the school board records that show Elizabeth Warren lied about being fired because she was pregnant. Point 5: We had nothing to do with the dossier. We had nothing to do with the smearing of Carter Page. The smearing of Carter Page was the product of the Clinton-financed Steele dossier, which was in turn the basis of the FISA warrant…” We’re gonna get to that — just be patient — the statement from the FISA court. Hang on for that.

“The IG report makes clear that it was the dossier. We had nothing to do with Carter Page, had nothing to do with the dossier. The Beacon had no involvement in any of that,” says Mr. Goldfarb. “On the contrary, we have covered the FBI’s malicious campaign in great detail on our site, and the Beacon published one story in the spring of 2016 when Carter Page’s role with the campaign was first announced focusing on Carter Page’s goofy views on Russia. It was based entirely on his public statements, and made no insinuations that he was or is a spy.

“We stand by that story, and it’s simply inaccurate to characterize it as a smear. Please read the piece,” it’s linked here, “and judge for yourself. We are conservatives. We are longtime Rush listeners, and we continue to post Rush clips to our site. We hope you’ll consider the facts above before your show.” Look, I don’t ever want to be wrong about anything. So Mr. Goldfarb is objecting to much of the content of that American Greatness piece yesterday that was cited.

So I’m more than happy to share with you his objections to the content of that piece.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 08:11:19 pm »

My Articles of Impeachment for the Next Democrat President

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: By the way, folks, over the Christmas break, I’m gonna be sitting down with Republican leaders and drawing up articles of impeachment for the next Democrat president.

I don’t know who it is, and I don’t know when that’s gonna be, but we’re gonna start working on articles of impeachment for the next Democrat. Well, that’s what the Democrats have done here. Believe me, that’s what they’ve done here. That’s all they’ve done. I predicted it two days after the election.

I gotta do something here.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let me give you a list of some things. I’ll give you a preview of my articles of impeachment, okay? Show you how easy this is to do. The Democrats protested Trump’s victory. The Democrats tried to get the Electoral College to change their votes. Democrats demanded recounts illegally in several states. The Democrats elected to Trump’s election being certified. The Democrats spied on his transition.

They boycotted his inauguration. They started calling for his impeachment before he was even inaugurated. They falsely accused Trump of treason for colluding with the Russians. When they failed, they accused him of treason for colluding with Ukraine. Despite all of this, Trump is still winning. And this just scratches the surface of what the Democrats have been trying to do to Trump since before he was even inaugurated.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 08:30:14 pm »

The FISA Court’s Rebuke of the FBI

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: Here’s the reaction from the FISA court, a rare public order yesterday. Wait a minute. Is this Wednesday or Thursday? This is Wednesday. Okay. So it was yesterday. A rare public order yesterday. The chief judge of the FISA court, which is the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, FISA is an act, the Foreign Intelligence Security Act, you get a warrant for it, but the court is actually FISC.

Anyway, the chief judge strongly criticized the FBI over its surveillance application process and gave the FBI until January 10th to come up with solutions. The order came for the court’s presiding judge, Rosemary Collyer, came just a week after the release of the Horowitz IG report. Her order was four pages long.

She said: “The FBI’s handling of the Carter Page applications, as portrayed in the [Office of Inspector General] report, was antithetical to the heightened duty of candor described above. The frequency with which representations made by FBI personnel turned out to be unsupported … calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable.”

Yes, ma’am, yes, ma’am, three bags full. My first reaction to this was, “Really? You want a report by January 10th? You want the FBI to explain themselves by January 10th so you can sign off on the explanation and wash your hands of it, how this can be prevented in the future.”

I’ll tell you how you prevent it in the future. You put the people that did it in jail is how you do it. You charge them. You charge them with abusing the criminal justice system, and you try them. That’s what you do. You don’t write a report.

You put people on trial, you charge them criminally — and, by the way, it’s warranted what they did. From Comey to Rosen, every damn one of these people that knowingly lied on that application, smearing and slandering Carter Page, when they knew he was an agent for the CIA, not Russia, when they knew the dossier was fake and bogus.

Report, my rear end. I would agree with anybody, I don’t think this reaction’s nearly tough enough. But at the same time, folks, don’t let the disappointment of her timing and her jellyfish-like substance distract from the opportunity to take what she said and beat it over the head of Obama, Lynch, and Comey’s collective skulls.

Let the Democrats try to say that those reporting the abuses the past few years were wrong or overstated. The problems of the FBI, the FISA judges, this judge has been humiliated, and for this judge to even go this far is something that can be converted into a tool.

Remember, it was just a few days ago and then a few months ago and a year ago that we were all wondering, where the hell is this court? Where the hell are these judges? They have to know by now that they were lied to. They have to know by now that they were used. We were asking if they were ever gonna stand up for themselves. Well, it happened. It’s real. And it’s damning.

We were wondering if Horowitz was ever gonna release his report. He did. And in the Senate, by the way, he testified in the Senate yesterday and admitted that there was bias all over the report now. Now that the original report of no bias is out there significantly he can go tell the truth in the Senate, and you probably didn’t even hear about it. His testimony wasn’t televised yesterday. I mean, not 24/7 like the cable networks televised his House testimony.

Devin Nunes thinks this court needs to be blown up. Devin Nunes calls for the FISA court to be shut down, that it is culpable in this, not a victim. And I think he has a point. All trails in all of this, folks, lead right to Barack Obama, whether you want to admit it or not.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: If I were Devin Nunes, I would be livid at Rosemary Collyer’s statement. The FISA court is culpable. The FISA court has known for years what they had done to them. They’ve known for years what they participated in. They have known for years that those warrant applications were packed with lies, and they’ve not done anything about it. They knew when they were renewed, I’ll bet you. Nunes knows this. Nunes has been right from the get-go on all of this.

Nunes says the court needs to be blown up because it is not a victim, and I actually wholeheartedly agree with that. I don’t think this FISA court is a victim of anybody at the FBI. I think they’re culpable, and this is the thing: We’re to sit here and believe — because we’re accustomed to the bureaucracy moving so slowly — that “maybe it did take the IG report to the court to really how they have…” BS. This court has known because they’ve got people that read the news.

These are swamp dwellers that are hanging tough together. It’s always going to be so.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 09:02:24 pm »

The House Minority Leader Talks to Rush

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: I thought today would be a good time to talk to the Republican leader in the House. The day of reckoning has come where the Democrats get to fulfill their three-year-old dream. Literally the day started out and yesterday the day started out — and pardon my French here — but the media was in pre-orgasmic mode. They were just ready to explode, they were so happy. Then the day came and they’re miserable today.

You can just see that they’re not even cutting away to commentary much because the feeling of gravity and seriousness and heart-stopping just isn’t there. It seems more routine political bickering than actual impeachment. And commentators on the left throughout cable news networks today have been very open about how unremarkable all of this seems.

Now, it is remarkable. There’s gonna be a blemish of impeachment on Donald Trump’s record, but it is not due to anything substantive. We have the Republican leader of the House, Kevin McCarthy, with us. So how would you assess the Republicans in the House performance throughout this period where you were denied opportunity to call witnesses, be present down in the basement and so forth, you really had some obstacles in your way. How would you describe the way you guys have held your ground during all this?

MCCARTHY: We’ve had every obstacle. They didn’t do anything of the standards we did for Bill Clinton or Nixon. They tried to ram everything, and I’ve never seen the Republicans more united. What you just said about the media, I was just on the floor a little earlier. The Democrats are down. Pelosi promised them that their numbers would be higher. They’re lower.

The president’s approval rating is at an all-time high. And you know what’s gonna happen at the end of this week? The Democratic conference is gonna be smaller, and the Republican conference is gonna be bigger. Instead of 19 seats to win the majority we’re only gonna need 18, all because of what they’ve done with impeachment.

RUSH: Why do you think — is this a Pelosi miscalculation? Because you’re right —

MCCARTHY: By far. By far.

RUSH: She really misread the public? She really misread these circumstances this badly?

MCCARTHY: Well, remember what she said in May — or in March of this year. She said it’s so divisive, impeachment, it has to be overwhelming, compelling, and bipartisan to move forward. Had she waited those 48 hours, she never planned that the president would release the transcripts. That was her fatal flaw. But she admitted last week she’s been working at this for two and a half years.

And when you think about this, Jerry Nadler, you run to become committee chairman, and judiciary is all about impeachment. You have to campaign within your own party. He put out campaign pieces that he’d be the best for impeachment. Those freshmen that gave him the majority uphold — put their hand on the Constitution and say they’ll uphold it. A few hours later that new freshman Tlaib, she says, “I’m gonna impeach the mother.”

And then you have Raskin, the congressman they put before Rules Committee yesterday, two days before the president was sworn in he’s on a speech saying he’s gonna impeach him. They have planned this all along. They had a timeline for it. The only thing they never had were the facts.

RUSH: Well, I want to stick with Pelosi because the political calculus here is what fascinates me, and you’re closer to anybody than I’ll ever be able to ask about it so bear with me on this.

MCCARTHY: All right.

RUSH: Seriously. Because you know the image. The image we get from the media of Democrats is that they’re experts and they’re the creme de la creme and they never make any mistakes, and Pelosi would not do this, we were told, throughout this period, she wouldn’t pull the trigger unless she knew. And how in the world could she have — their objective all along, congressman, has been to separate Trump voters from Trump.

They’ve just depended on that. They have failed in every attempt that they’ve made. Did she really think that at some point in the last three weeks that what she was doing and Schiff was doing and Nadler was doing was magically going to cause some Trump supporters to say, “We’ve had enough. This guy’s gotta go”? Did they really think that?

MCCARTHY: I believe she thought it. And she doesn’t trust in Nadler, she thinks Nadler’s inept, but she trusts in Adam Schiff. And this is what I believe happened. Adam Schiff, remember where he lied and met with the whistleblower?

RUSH: Yeah.

MCCARTHY: So the whistleblower meets with Adam, hasn’t gone to the IG, doesn’t have an attorney, Adam goes to her and says, “I got it. I got it.” She trusted him. They went and got some freshmen who’d been in the military and others to write — these are the moderate Democrats – “We’ve had enough.” So she decides, “Let’s go. We’ve got a whistleblower about this phone call they weren’t even on. I trust Adam. He was a prosecutor. He’s only lied every time before.” And he’s from California, and she trusted in him that it would go, and so she starts.

The president releases the transcript. She can’t stop now so we’re gonna have to change the system. I put a letter out that said if you’re gonna set these rules, will you do it exactly the standard we’ve done before, where we have due process, will you get the same standard of what Clinton had? She knew then she was in trouble once the transcript went, so she said “no” to that. And then she moves it from judiciary into intel and makes it impeachment committee and then gives Adam all control where they don’t even let him yield to another member.

I mean, every advantage was to them and they saw a little tick-up at the very beginning in the polls, right, ’cause people didn’t know what was happening. But once they put their star witnesses out there and they couldn’t say anything was impeachable and they only had hearsay or they had a friend tell ’em and they were upset about something, that’s when it started to tumble, and that’s why she moved it a little faster. And the biggest example of this, she announces impeachment and an hour later announces USMCA. She wants to get this over ’cause she knows she’s made a mistake now.

RUSH: Right.

MCCARTHY: She sees the independents dropping. She lost a member of her own conference that is gonna join the Republican Party. You gotta put this in perspective. People have switched parties before, but I cannot remember a time where someone switched from the majority to go into the minority. They usually go from the minority into the majority.

RUSH: Right, especially during impeachment.

MCCARTHY: Yes.

RUSH: We’re talking with Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House of Representatives. You mentioned Pelosi in the — I think you’re right on the money about the president releasing the transcript totally blowing up their plan. They were thinking that they would be able to characterize that phone call however they wanted to. In fact, the whistleblower’s original complaint, he was terrified, he was shocked, he was frightened over what he had heard.

It turns out he hadn’t heard anything, the transcripts released, and they’ve got nothing. So now they have to go to Plan B. So you bring in Lieutenant Colonel Vindman and all these State Department people who also couldn’t identify an impeachable offense when asked to. But you say that she trusted Adam Schiff. Adam Schiff, congressman, I say this not in an accusatory way. The man’s been lying about —

RUSH: — fundamental things for the entire time Trump’s been in the White House. He’s been lying about Trump-Russia collusion, claiming he had evidence. There never was any evidence for it. The way he, in his committee chair, lied in his characterization of the phone call, got called out. “It was just a parody.” How in the world could she put her trust — it’s gotta be a devotion to Schiff the partisan rather than Schiff the qualified.

MCCARTHY: And you gotta understand, on the intel committee, this is only one of three economies that the only way you get appointed to it, the Democrats or the Republicans, is one person, the Democratic leader and the Republican leader appoints you. And she let him be chair after she knew he lied. Now, just yesterday you had a judge going after the FBI about FISA.

MCCARTHY: What did Adam Schiff do earlier? He put an entire report by being a chairman of a committee. And your listeners gotta understand, that committee, people hear and get to know knowledge that every other member in Congress never gets to know. So you put a lot of trust in those individuals. And he put out like the FISA court was perfect, nothing was wrong. The person who’s vindicated in all this is Devin Nunes.

RUSH: Amen.

MCCARTHY: From the very beginning he came forward, and what they do, they went after him so strong to get him — tried to remove him from that committee. Devin was right on his report from the very beginning. And is this Adam — remember, he started this impeachment, too, so afraid that the administration was gonna block this whistleblower from coming forward.

Then we found out he met with the whistleblower. Now he won’t let the whistleblower come forward. If you’re a federal prosecutor and you base an entire thing on an informant, the informant has to go forward, has to present. But now we’ve never seen the whistleblower all because Adam Schiff does not want us to ask him the questions.

RUSH: Okay. You say that the Democrats that you’ve seen today —

MCCARTHY: They’re down and out.

RUSH: Now, the answer might appear obvious, but why do you think that’s the case? I mean, they’re gonna get him impeached today. They’re gonna get the votes. They should be deliriously happy.

MCCARTHY: Okay. There are gonna be members in that Democratic Party, but it’s not the old Democrat Party. These new freshmen don’t call themselves Democrats. They call them socialist Democrats. They’re gonna be excited. They’re gonna think they kept a promise they pledged to. But those who make up the majority, I see ’em, I see ’em in the mornings, they’re down.

I had one tell me, “Look, I’m probably gonna lose my race, but now I have no choice. I have to go down swinging.” They have let her walk — Speaker Pelosi walk them out on a ledge. And they’ve got no place to go now. Their heads down. What accomplishment do they have for reelection? That they issued more subpoenas and created laws?

RUSH: Well, they’re going to. I mean, that’s what they’re promising, never stop impeaching. But are they down because the public doesn’t support them? Are they down because the public doesn’t seem excited? Are they down because they don’t really think they have impeachable offenses? What is it that explains it?

MCCARTHY: They’re down for this. Once they came out with the articles, they were embarrassed about it. They started with the whole quid pro quo. They were home making that the case. Then they moved to extortion. Then they went and focus grouped and told ’em all to go to bribery, and then they don’t even mention one thing in the articles.

It’s a combination. They don’t have the facts, but also if you’ve spent a couple years running for Congress and you ask people for a lot of money, if you’ve gone back and done it and you promised it was gonna be a high, if you ran for office and said I’d never support Nancy Pelosi for speaker, but then you voted for her.

And then you said you didn’t run to be impeached, now you’re impeaching. You’re looking your family, but more importantly, you’re going home on Christmas and you’re gonna look at your constituents, and you know what you are a hearing from ’em, you’re gonna realize, you’re gonna be a short-lived member of Congress.

RUSH: How many of 31 do you think are in jeopardy?

MCCARTHY: I would say more than 31 are in jeopardy.

RUSH: Oh. Wow, wow. Can you hang on just a couple of minutes?

RUSH: Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House, and we’ll take brief, obscene profit break here. Be right back with him. Stay with us.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We welcome back Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House. Congressman, I couldn’t do what you do. I want to tell you something I saw yesterday watching the Rules Committee. You mentioned Jamie Raskin. Raskin took the place of Nadler ’cause Nadler had a family emergency yesterday, and these people are lying through their teeth.

I saw two bold-faced lies that if I were Doug Collins sitting there yesterday, I could not have been collegial and silent. The two lies were, they continue to misreport what Trump was talking about when he cited Article II. It was a conversation about being able to fire Bob Mueller. They’re taking it out of context and saying, “Trump wants to be dictator! Trump wants to be king! He says Article II means he can do anything!” They know they’re lying through their teeth about it.

He says it. I couldn’t sit there and not say anything. The next thing he did, Trump tells that joke about asking the Russians to look at Hillary’s emails long after she’s taken a hammer to her server and used BeachBit, whatever, on stuff. And they know that Trump’s telling a joke and yet they telling this lie that five hours later the Russians went in and hacked Hillary’s server after Trump gave ’em permission. If they’re willing to lie about things like that, how can you trust any of this that they are saying in any of this process?

MCCARTHY: That’s the perfect example of why they wouldn’t give us a fair process. And it really comes down to this. They dislike us. They dislike your listeners. They dislike me. They dislike you. Remember, in 2016, they called us deplorables. Now they want to disqualify our vote, and they openly say it.

MCCARTHY: They say, “We can’t beat ’em. That’s why we have to impeach him, and we’ll impeach him again.”

RUSH: How hard has it been for you? You expressed great satisfaction in the unity, that you’ve not seen this kind of unity among Republicans before. And it certainly wasn’t there in previous Houses, previous speakers. How hard has it been to maintain this unity?

MCCARTHY: It hasn’t been hard, but the one thing I did when I became leader is, we had to unite if we could ever win the majority. You’re not given the majority. You have to earn it. And if there is one thing I’ve watched, it’s you’ve got to work together to get the synergy. I wanted the very best people. I didn’t care if we had differences of opinion. You know, Jim Jordan ran against me for leader and I’m the one who called him to become ranking member of Oversight.

He wasn’t even running for the position. He’s sitting in the gym. I said, “You gotta get over here.” I go into the Steering Committee; they get upset with me. I said, “He is the very best person for this job,” and he has done an amazing job. I put him on the Intel Committee, and this is what’s happening. We’re bonding together, and what’s even more powerful, in 2010 I was the recruiting chairman. So I was going out… That’s the year we beat 63 Democrats, right?

MCCARTHY: At this moment in time, we have 200 more candidates running than we did in 2010. We have more women running as Republicans for Congress in the history we’ve ever had.

RUSH: And, by the way, they’re doing a bang-up job. The woman, Raskin, from Arizona, is that her name? Not Raskin. She’s been on TV a couple times. She’s awesome. You’ve got some really, really fine people making the case.

MCCARTHY: We’ve got amazing… Wesley Hunt down in Houston, a graduate of West Point. He flew Apaches for eight years defending our nation and freedom.

MCCARTHY: Now he’s gotta defend it at home. He’s never been elected before. He’s ahead by three points.

RUSH: So what happened in 2018? What went wrong? I know there were a lot of retirements, 55 retirements. What happened in 2018?

MCCARTHY: I think it’s a combination of things happened in 2018. We weren’t united. History tells you the party in power — whoever wins the White House — loses on average more than 30 seats. Obama lost 63. Too many retirements, way too many retirements. They recruited pretty well. But one thing Democrats did that nobody talks about? They changed the election law. Do you know in Maine, that only has two congressional seats, when you run for office — only federal office — you don’t vote for one person, you rank them?

So the Republican got the most votes, but he’s not the sitting congressman today because the lower person, they drop out, and that second vote, it’s a first vote now. In Pennsylvania they sued and got redistricting and they picked up three seats. And the biggest contribution they had was Michael Bloomberg gave the ’em more than $110 million.

Because the difference between me being in the minority and being speaker is less than 106,000 votes. There’s one other factor, if you want to know why President Trump will win. There are 8.5 million people who voted for this president in 2016 who did not show up in 2018. Had they showed up — we know who they are, where they live — we’d have 28 more seats today. We’d be in the majority by 10.

RUSH: Now (chuckling), I don’t doubt that’s true, but I have a tough time understanding why. If you vote for Trump in 2016, you’re voting for him for specific reasons. He’s going in there to rework it, to throw out some things, and you know that he’s gonna need some help to do it. And you don’t show up two years later to give him some people to help? That —

MCCARTHY: They follow him. They don’t follow the party.

MCCARTHY: What they will do, they will show up for him now. And the one thing that the Democrats are making a fatal flaw here, they have intensified the base. If you looked at the base in the last election, the intensity level was on the Democrats’ side by 8.5%. CNN’s poll just within the last month had Republicans +7. That would put us in the majority. If you just look at the North Carolina 9 race, this is one that we barely won in 2018 and they didn’t seat the individual. We went from winning it with about 500 votes to 4,000. If you just do that small improvement, that’s 13 seats out of 19 that we need.

RUSH: It was Debbie Lesko.

MCCARTHY: Debbie Lesko. Fantastic. Arizona.

RUSH: She’s been phenomenal today. They all have. Sensenbrenner. They’ve all been great. You should be very proud. Time is dwindling. I need to ask you about process. When do you think the final vote on these two articles will actually be on the clock tonight? What time will it be?

MCCARTHY: It’ll be somewhere between 7 and 7:30 tonight.

RUSH: Any chance you could delay it until midnight or 2 a.m.?

MCCARTHY: No, because when you have 218, you control the rules of this place.

MCCARTHY: And another example: How did we take the impeachment to the floor with Clinton? We took it on a privilege motion so everybody could have a say, so we could expand it longer if you want, so the minority has more power. They brought it under what is called a rule. Once you go to that rule, they control all. They control the time. We can’t stop it. We can go do some antic. It will just make the clock keep running.

MCCARTHY: Every part of this process has been against every standard we’ve ever lived by. I mean, they’ve taken the most basic thing — that you’re innocent ’til proven guilty — and they tell the president, “Well, he could come and try to prove himself innocent.” I mean, the idea of what they’ve done — and I go back to this — they don’t like us, Rush.

RUSH: I know.

MCCARTHY: They don’t like who we are, they don’t like what we believe in, and they will do anything and lie.

RUSH: They hate us more than Trump. They blame us for Trump. Congressman, I’m up to it. I’ve got 20 seconds, and I need that to be polite to thank you for being with us today, making time and spending this half hour with us. And I’m gonna guarantee you: Millions in this audience smiled when you reported that you have seen evidence the Democrats in the chamber today are down. That’s Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House. A quick time-out, and we’ll be right back. Thank you again, Congressman.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »

Why Trump’s Letter to Pelosi Drives Them Nuts

Dec 18, 2019

RUSH: The letter that Donald Trump wrote to Nancy Pelosi. Now, this letter that Trump wrote… Oh, by the way, it has been learned that it was partially written by Stephen Miller. Do you know who Stephen Miller is? He’s the white supremacist in the Trump administration. That’s what they say. Stephen Miller’s Jewish! Stephen Miller is brilliant.

He’s a prominent Trump advisor. He’s a firebrand when they put him on TV. He’s not a white supremacist. It’s bogus. But because they think they’ve tagged him as such, they mentioned he cowrote the letter, so that’s supposed to immediately discredit it. What this letter represents is another in a long line of things that people in the Washington establishment just are not accustomed to. They’re not accustomed to it.

If you are in the Washington establishment, Republican or Democrat — if you’re in it — and at some point, it eventuates that you become the target, you are to take it. You do not push back, other than maybe going to court and getting a lawyer who’s also employed in the establishment, spread the wealth. But you don’t push back, other than legal procedures. But you don’t push back politically. You take it, like George Bush took it all of those years. All of that slanderous criticism, he took it. Why did he say he took it?

He didn’t want to politicize the office. He didn’t want to take the office to the gutter where his accusers live, the gutters of politics. Now, the real answer is if you’re in the club, you take it. If you’re a Republican in the club, you’re in it tenuously anyway, and your membership in it largely depends on you not acting like a Republican at key moments. Well, of course that’s not Donald Trump. Donald Trump’s not in the club, doesn’t want to be in the club, and constantly pushes back.

Like I said at the beginning of the program, I really don’t think these people have much experience dealing with adversity. You may think that’s crazy because they’re all political and they are all experienced, they’re veterans of election campaigns. But I’m telling you, folks, these people do not face the adversity conservative Republicans do every day, just in light of media pressure alone. They never get any. You can count on one hand the number of Democrats in our lifetimes that the media set out to destroy and ruin, and it has been to protect other Democrats.

Destroying Republicans is part of everyday media behavior. The Democrats never have to face an adversarial media, they don’t have to deal with adversarial polling units, and they end up believing all this stuff. I really do think that with somebody like Trump who’s constantly pushing back and constantly, properly identifying and describing them for people… No, it’s not that it surprises or shocks them, although it does. I think it just stupefies them.

They don’t have any experience with it. Whereas Trump has now four years and counting dealing with this multiple times a day practically all day, every day. So Trump writes a letter to Pelosi. “Nan-shi,” as she pronounces it, “Nan-she Pelo-shi.” Did you see where Trump the other day said, “Nancy, your teeth are falling out. That’s why you’re having trouble speaking here. When are you gonna announce this impeachment stuff”?

“That’s so rude for him to say.”

Well, it’s what everybody was thinking!

So Trump fires off “a scathing letter to Nancy Pelosi” ripping into the impeachment vote today, claiming the Democrats were “declaring open war on American democracy.” He said, “The Democrat impeachment proceedings are an unprecedented, unconstitutional abuse of power by Democrat lawmakers unequaled in the country’s history.” In his letter to Pelosi, he wrote, “The articles of impeachment include no crimes, no misdemeanors, no offenses whatsoever.”

It’s a six-page letter, by the way. He wrote, “By proceeding with your invalid impeachment, you are declaring open war on American democracy. You are offending Americans of faith by continually saying, ‘I pray for the president,’ when you know this statement isn’t true, unless it’s meant in a negative sense. It’s a terrible thing you’re doing. But you will have to live with it, not I.” Trump wrote that Pelosi had “cheapened the importance of the very ugly word ‘impeachment.'”

He charged that Democrats “only want to overturn the 2016 election.” “Everyone,” he wrote, “you included, knows what is really happening. Your chosen candidate lost the election in 2016 in an Electoral College landslide … and you and your party have never recovered from this defeat. So you’ve spent three straight years attempting to overturn the will of the American people and nullify their votes. You view democracy as your enemy,” he wrote. “You are the ones interfering in America’s elections. You are the ones subverting America’s democracy.

“You are the ones obstructing justice. You are the ones bringing pain and suffering to our republic for your own selfish, personal, political, and partisan gain.” Folks, that paragraph is a grand slam. He has called them out, and in doing so with this verbiage, he is saying what every Trump supporter out there is yelling every time they see any of these Democrats on TV talking about Trump abusing office, enriching himself politically and personally. He’s right when he says you are the ones “interfering in American elections.”

They are — and not only are they interfering, they are corrupting them.

This is the thing that hasn’t yet become common parlance in the discussion of this scandal, but it needs to. It is the Democrat Party that is meddling and corrupting the perceived and real integrity and honor of American elections by refusing to accept when they lose. By claiming the Russians meddled, the Russians stole it, that Trump is a traitor and worked with them to steal the election, they are calling into doubt the honor and integrity of an election in which there was no meddling that has ever been found nor could be proved because it did not happen.

Barack Obama himself has said it would not be possible in the way these people are suggesting that it happened. A foreign power somehow meddled in the election and caused Hillary Clinton to lose. Note they’ve never explained how this happened. And even though the Mueller report, their Bible, found no evidence, they continue to use it.

Now they are in the process of creating doubt. They are corrupting the perception of the next election fully because they expect to lose it. And the point of this is that they and everybody in the media helping them do this is causing more damage to the integrity and legitimacy of our elections than Vladimir Putin could have ever dreamed of causing.

And I think that point needs to be made over and over, and it needs to resonate, because what they are doing has to be punishable at the ballot box. They deserve to lose by even larger margins. Stop and think what they’re really doing here. The 2016 election, they can’t get over that they lost, and so it still to this day, despite no evidence, was corrupt, it’s Russians meddled, Trump stole it, he’s a traitor.

Now they’re doing the same thing with the 2020 election. Note the 2018 elections were perfectly fine. They won. No concern whatsoever about any meddling in the 2018 election. Have you noticed that? They won. So they’re perfectly legitimate. And if they win in 2020, the election will be perfectly legitimate. There will have been no meddling because the only meddling is by Republicans with Russians, and the Democrats will say that they identified it, they beat it back. But they don’t expect to win in 2020, is what this is all about.

I detest what these people are doing. I despise it, what they are doing to our elections. And Trump is calling them out on it. And now Pelosi’s running around (imitating Pelosi), “This is sick. Trump is sick. He is very sick. Trump is very sick, he’s very deranged, he’s very deluded.” No. This is a sensible as anything any Republican’s ever said in response to Democrat lies.

In the letter to Pelosi, Trump brought up Vice President Biden’s threat to withhold International Monetary Fund aid to Ukraine. Alleged that he did so to protect his son Hunter, pointing out that it was Biden getting involved in the internal affairs of Ukraine, threatening to withhold money unless they fired a prosecutor Biden didn’t like. He said more due process was afforded to those accused in the Salem witch trials, noting that even Ukraine President Zelensky has repeatedly said that he felt no undue pressure from the White House.

See, Trump always throws something in there like, “This is worse than even the Salem witch trial” ’cause he knows it’s gonna drive everybody on the left batty. He then said, “I have no doubt the American people will hold you and the Democrats accountable in 2020. They will not soon forgive your perversion of justice and your abuse of power. It’s time for you and the highly partisan Democrats in Congress to immediately cease this impeachment fantasy and get back to work for the American people. While I have no expectation that you will do this, I write this letter to you for the purpose of history and to put my thoughts on a permanent and indelible record. One hundred years from now when people look back at this affair, I want them to understand it and learn from it so that it can never happen to another president again.”

Support the USO