Author Topic: Which Mexican state on the Texas border is deemed as dangerous as Syria?  (Read 470 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Paul Specht 12/16/2019

The claim: "These cartels endanger Americans and threaten our country’s national security. The problem is so bad that [the U.S. State Department] issued a "Do Not Travel" advisory to a Mexican state that has a 230m border with the US — the same designation as Syria." — U.S. Rep. Mark Walker, R-North Carolina.

Walker made the statement via Twitter in reaction to a story about the U.S. designating drug cartels as terrorist groups.

PolitiFact ruling: True. The Mexican state the congressman referred to is Tamaulipas, which includes 230 miles of Mexico-Texas border, stretching roughly from the Gulf of Mexico to Laredo.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Which-Mexican-state-on-the-Texas-border-is-deemed-14904609.php

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Which Mexican state on the Texas border is deemed as dangerous as Syria?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:12:54 pm »
Which Mexican state on the Texas border is deemed as dangerous as Syria?

=================================

Picking states in Mexico as most dangerous to visit is like being asked would you rather be struck by a Water Moccasin, Copperhead, or Rattlesnake.  No good choices, and really not a place Americans should visit nowadays anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 03:18:38 pm »
Many years ago I felt safer roaming the streets of Reynosa than I did in Houston. But that definitely changed 10 - 15 years ago.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »
Many years ago I felt safer roaming the streets of Reynosa than I did in Houston. But that definitely changed 10 - 15 years ago.

We did El Mercado in Matamoras about 10 years ago. My focused thoughts were mostly making sure we got out of there okay.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:36:03 pm »
I remember when we did the Mercado in Matamoros about 60 yrs ago. My older sister was bartering with a merchant over a sweater. She spent a lot of time and finally got him down to 2 dollars. She then told him she didn't want that old thing anyway and turned to walk away. He got so mad he started chasing her for a while.