Author Topic: Navy pilots demand right to carry guns on base in wake of Pensacola shooting  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Navy pilots demand right to carry guns on base in wake of Pensacola shooting
By John Bowden - 12/15/19 03:49 PM EST

Dozens of Navy pilots, including at least two instructors stationed at a Florida base that was the site of a deadly shooting earlier this month, have written a letter to lawmakers demanding that pilots be allowed to carry weapons while on base.

Fox News reported Sunday that a number of Navy pilots who remained anonymous plan to send the draft letter to colleagues for signatures before presenting it to lawmakers on the House and Senate Armed Services committees in the hopes of spurring change after three people were killed in a shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola.

The pilots told Fox News that the purpose of the campaign is to "discontinue what has become a severe irony burdening our servicemembers: that they can be entrusted to fly multimillion-dollar aircraft over hostile territory, command companies of infantrymen into battle, or captain ships around the world, all while holding the nation’s top security clearances, but when back home are not trusted to carry a simple pistol in order to protect themselves."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/474658-navy-pilots-demand-right-to-carry-guns-on-base-in-wake-of-pensacola-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have never heard a service member refer to their weapon as a gun...I hope they get their wish
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have never heard a service member refer to their weapon as a gun...I hope they get their wish

Did the Army change its policy after Fort Hood?  I don't think so....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

No, damnit..I don't think the MP's at the gates have weapons...correct me if I am wrong since I haven't been on any base for several years.
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If you attack a military base anywhere in the world...you will die.
That's the whole point of a military base.
You will be charging hundreds/thousands of automatic weapons, grenades, mortars, which are designed specifically to kill you.

Except in America, all the soldiers are disarmed for some reason nobody really knows.
Hell, I literally slept on my rifle, I did. It was my right arm. Except in America.
A soldier unarmed is nothing more than a walking target. Muslims know this.
They don't play by our rules. They have their own rules. Muslim rule number one, is to kill.
American military base, is like shooting sheep in a field. Allah hu Akbar!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

I read the military is changing its policy on weapons on bases to allow self defense.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Consider the rest in quotes:

"DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base
12/06/2019
The Pentagon recently released detailed guidance that allows U.S. military personnel to carry privately owned, concealed firearms on base, a move that the Army’s service chief argued against publicly.

“Arming and the Use of Force,” a Nov. 18 Defense Department directive approved by Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Work, lays out the policy and standards that allow DoD personnel to carry firearms and employ deadly force while performing official duties.

But the lengthy document also provides detailed guidance to the services for permitting soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guard personnel to carry privately owned firearms on DoD property, according to the document."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Consider the rest in quotes:

"DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base
12/06/2019
The Pentagon recently released detailed guidance that allows U.S. military personnel to carry privately owned, concealed firearms on base, a move that the Army’s service chief argued against publicly.

“Arming and the Use of Force,” a Nov. 18 Defense Department directive approved by Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Work, lays out the policy and standards that allow DoD personnel to carry firearms and employ deadly force while performing official duties.

But the lengthy document also provides detailed guidance to the services for permitting soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guard personnel to carry privately owned firearms on DoD property, according to the document."

This would be a good start, if it's allowed in the end.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's going to be a tough battle to win. Admirals don't like those "icky" guns. Only lowlife scum carry them,not gentlemen like Naval officers. They just give the orders and let the lower classes do the fighting.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If you attack a military base anywhere in the world...you will die.
That's the whole point of a military base.
You will be charging hundreds/thousands of automatic weapons, grenades, mortars, which are designed specifically to kill you.

Except in America, all the soldiers are disarmed for some reason nobody really knows.

@240B  Mostly true,but I know a few bases where the guards won't hesitate to fire your ass up if you get froggy.  They would prefer to wound you so they can question you,but none of them are likely to lose much sleep over it if you die.

The sad part is if you are truly an innocent wandering around,you might think you don't have to obey their orders because you are not up to anything,merely lost. BAD move to make.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/02/14/man-shot-to-death-at-naval-air-station-corpus-christi-after-crashing-through-gate-in-stolen-car/

Base security forces on Thursday morning fatally shot a man who charged at them after he crashed a stolen vehicle into a north gate barrier at Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi, officials told Navy Times.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B
The sad part is if you are truly an innocent wandering around,you might think you don't have to obey their orders because you are not up to anything,merely lost. BAD move to make.
There is no 'innocent' randomly wandering around a Military Base. Nobody is that STUPID.
There are people and places that you just don't f*** with. Police Station is one. Airport is another.
Military Locations definitely qualify.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is no 'innocent' randomly wandering around a Military Base. Nobody is that STUPID.
There are people and places that you just don't f*** with. Police Station is one. Airport is another.
Military Locations definitely qualify.

@240B

Parents go to military bases to visit their children. My own parents once came to Ft.Bragg to visit with me after I got assigned to the Special Warfare Center. Neither had ever been that far from home before,or around so many people and different things. They might as well have been on Mars. People like that could easily wander into the wrong type of area in perfect innocence because they wouldn't recognize any warning signs. I stayed with them the whole weekend to make sure they didn't get into trouble accidentally,and that nobody screwed with them.

Offline AL

When I was in the Navy (1966-70) the Marines were charged with base security and running the brigs.  Apparently, with this shooting the local Sheriff had to be called in to take out the shooter.  Time to go back to the old ways, locked and loaded Marines at the gates and on patrol.  A "gun free zone" at a military installation?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

rangerrebew

Arrrrrgh, matey.  Welcome aboard.

From what I have seen, at least the Navy doesn't have military personnel at the gates anymore.  It seems as if they hired rent-a-cops and for what reason, I have no idea. :shrug: