Author Topic: Impeachment Backfiring: SECOND Democrat Leaves The Party In 24 Hours  (Read 3220 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He's a state critter but still...

State Senator John Yudichak of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania said that he will be switching his registration to become an Independent. He will caucus with the Republican majority.

Yudichak has criticized an increasingly liberal Democratic caucus that has led to this decision.

Due to issues that he finds important, Yudichak believes there is a better home in the Republican caucus.

Yudichak’s announcement comes less than 24 hours since we learned that New Jersey Democratic Congressman Jeff Van Drew has also made a decision that speaks volumes.

Van Drew has strongly opposed the Democrats’ impeachment efforts. After meeting with President Trump, Van Drew is now leaving the Democratic Party and becoming a member of the Republican Party.

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/impeachment-backfiring-second-democrat-leaves-the-party-in-24-hours/?utm_source=mcotr&fbclid=IwAR1lJao_w6zJLBwP_5HrHa0xzFFOzq6ZmyZzx4O2PH-ak6xHfY7fg6VhsHo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Impeachment Backfiring: SECOND Democrat Leaves The Party In 24 Hours
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 12:12:36 am »
Two down!
Twenty-eight to go!
C'mon, terrified Congresscritters -- step right up !!
Can I get an "R" here...?
Can I get an "I" there...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 12:23:18 am »
Two down!
Twenty-eight to go!

@Fishrrman

Hush yo mouf!

Do you NOT remember what happened to Newt's and the Republican Party after they took over control of Congress for the first time in 40+  years,and they accepted all the Dim defectors with open arms? They ended up stabbing the conservatives in the back and taking over control of the party.

Instead of taking over the Dim Party,they took us over.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 12:24:51 am »
@Fishrrman

Hush yo mouf!

Do you NOT remember what happened to Newt's and the Republican Party after they took over control of Congress for the first time in 40+  years,and they accepted all the Dim defectors with open arms? They ended up stabbing the conservatives in the back and taking over control of the party.

Instead of taking over the Dim Party,they took us over.

Exactly. It would be better if they stayed in the Rat Party and try to change it from within.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:49:54 am »
Two down!
Twenty-eight to go!
It is a state Senator, not a federal position.  Not much he can do on impeachment
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 01:51:11 am »
State senator switches party? Why is this news?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 03:01:39 am »
State senator switches party? Why is this news?

Did you see the
but still

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 03:02:17 am »
Exactly. It would be better if they stayed in the Rat Party and try to change it from within.

Perhaps they are jumping ship knowing that it is rapidly sinking into the abyss; some reporters are proclaiming that the DEM party is finished.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 06:48:30 am »
I have always ben conservative, but until 2008, I was a registered Dem.  I awakened to find Obama, Reid and Pekosi the leaders of the Dems after the convention, and I asked myself, what if anything do these people stand for that mirrors my beliefs?  Well, the answer was absolutely nothing.

Well, more Dems are awakening to the fact the Dems are just not people that represent them, and they are abandoning ship and turning Independent or Republican.  I tell you all, the landslide in Nov, 2020 will be record breaking. 

Offline AL

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:38 am »
Democrat's know their time is running out under their current leadership.  More are likely to jump ship.  Hopefully conservatives turn out in big numbers 2020.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 11:53:05 am »
This guy is switching from Dim to Independent.

What's the matter, not enough to go Republican?

He is looking for shelter. Let him vote.

It may be necessary to change a party, but half way is not sufficient.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 12:05:10 pm »
Democrat's know their time is running out under their current leadership.  More are likely to jump ship.  Hopefully conservatives turn out in big numbers 2020.

@AL
IF this happens,I hope the RNC learned some lessons from the last time it happened,and refuses to give ANY of them any important committee seats until they have proven themselves.

Last the RNC basically gave these self-serving bastards to the keys to the Kingdom,and we,the people,ended up losing most of the conservative gains that came along with the Republican takeover of the House.

Remember,these are rats leaving a sinking ship,NOT genuine converts.  Don't trust a single damn one of them until they have proven it was more than a conversion of convenience.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 02:23:09 am »
Pete wrote:
"Remember,these are rats leaving a sinking ship,NOT genuine converts.  Don't trust a single damn one of them until they have proven it was more than a conversion of convenience."

You're right.
Absolutely right.

But also remember that it was one of those "party switchers" who went on to be the greatest president of the twentieth century.

So... if they switch... give 'em at least a chance.
Maybe they'll actually come o'er to our side for real.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 03:32:14 am »
Pete wrote:
"Remember,these are rats leaving a sinking ship,NOT genuine converts.  Don't trust a single damn one of them until they have proven it was more than a conversion of convenience."

You're right.
Absolutely right.

But also remember that it was one of those "party switchers" who went on to be the greatest president of the twentieth century.

So... if they switch... give 'em at least a chance.
Maybe they'll actually come o'er to our side for real.

@Fishrrman

True,but America still existed as an ideal when Reagan entered politics. Now it is considered to be an embarrassment to a large minority of Americans.

We just can't afford to trust without verification first anymore. Let any converts start at the bottom and work there way up as they reveal themselves. Do NOT put them on any important committees until they have earned your trust and respect.

That really doesn't seem like it's asking too much to me,and it beats the HELL out of giving them the chair on important committees just because they say "trust me".