Author Topic: Impeachment nears: What would John McCain have done? By Albert Hunt  (Read 313 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeachment nears: What would John McCain have done?
By Albert Hunt, opinion contributor — 12/15/19 11:30 AM EST

An enduring legacy of John McCain is how much he's missed, never more so than now.

No one can be certain if he would have bucked his party on the impeachment of Donald Trump. There is little doubt that — unlike many other Republicans today — he would not have been intimidated from taking a principled stand against the abuses committed by Trump.

No American public figure was a greater champion of Ukraine's freedom and more outspoken against the evils of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin. McCain worried that Trump — perhaps because, as in Lenin's phrase, he's a "useful idiot" — may be compromised by Putin.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/474618-impeachment-nears-what-would-john-mccain-have-done
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Impeachment nears: What would John McCain have done? By Albert Hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »
He's dead, Al!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 04:58:42 pm »
Democratic senator ahead of impeachment trial: 'I really miss the voice of John McCain'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-senator-ahead-of-impeachment-trial-i-really-miss-the-voice-of-john-mccain
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 05:30:29 pm »
McCain cast the vote, that kept Obamacare alive.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 05:47:34 pm »
From at least 2000 onward McCain was an envy- and resentment-driven back-stabbing crap-weasel. Putting it nicely. So he probably would be haranguing R Senators to remove Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 05:50:37 pm »
He's dead, Al!

Doesn't stop him from voting with the Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 05:52:31 pm »
From at least 2000 onward McCain was an envy- and resentment-driven back-stabbing crap-weasel. Putting it nicely. So he probably would be haranguing R Senators to remove Trump.

I pegged his crap-weasel worthiness well before that.  I hadn't voted for him since 1990.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »
I pegged his crap-weasel worthiness well before that.  I hadn't voted for him since 1990.

2000 is when he came onto my radar screen, specifically his response to being rejected in R primaries in favor of GWB (FWIW, I voted for Alan Keyes in CA's primary). The now overturned 2002 abomination McCain-Feingold was his revenge on the conservative groups he blamed for his defeat.

The 80s were when I was starting my family, so I was paying less attention to things political at that time. Come 2008 I voted McCain in November, but not for McCain. It was a vote against Obama's and the Dems' policies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 08:57:41 pm »
McCain blocked repeal of Obamacare, as his last thumb in the eyes of conservatives

And he served as a messenger to deliver the Piss-Steele dossier, for Hillary

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 09:51:56 pm »
There is no denying the fact that John McCain loathed President Trump.  He would have been in the halls of the Senate drumming up support for his removal from office.

This article is ridiculous.  He should have stepped down from the Senate when he received his poor prognosis.  He has passed on.  Let him lie in peace for crying out loud.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 02:51:34 am »
Isn't the funeral still going on?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 07:25:23 am »
Doesn't stop him from voting with the Rats.
Only in the General....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »
He would have surrendered,and cooperated with the enemy in exchange for cash and other gifts.

I'll take "traitors and thieves for 500 Alex".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!