General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

It's not a coup. It's a civil war.

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
December 13, 2019
It's not a coup. It's a civil war.
By Phil D'Agostino

Lately, it's been convenient — and self-serving to some — to call what is going on with the Trump administration a coup.  It's a "soft coup" or a "silent coup" or a wish-it-were-a-coup.

Let's take a look at what that means.  According to all definitions I can find, a coup is a sudden, often violent overthrow of a government.  Every time I look up the definition of a coup, I get something like this from Merriam-Webster: "a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics."  But there is nothing sudden about this.

Have you ever thought, "What would a modern civil war look like?"  Tanks rolling down the streets of Washington, D.C.?  Missiles targeting the Congress?  Armed forces storming the White House or Capitol Building?  None of these would accomplish anything.  So what would a modern-day civil war look like?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/12/its_not_a_coup_its_a_civil_war.html

Smokin Joe:
Yep. The backlash has begun in earnest in Virginia, beyond mere letters to the editor (that get badly edited or never go into print), beyond protest at gun ranges and among the organizations which normally take on such statements of intent to perform egregious violations of Constitutional Rights. Local Governments are becoming involved, even if the resolutions do not carry the weight of law, they are a clear line drawn in the political sand.

Fishrrman:
Joe wrote:
"Yep. The backlash has begun in earnest in Virginia..."

And the Empire is striking back.

I saw an article or two that stated that the governor of Virginia has said he will use the Virginia National Guard to go out and 'round up the guns made illegal by the new law the democrat-communists are threatening to pass.

If he does, things could get interesting VERY quickly.

Go here and look at the image:
e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf
(you'll have to add the "www." yourself, I purposely did not make this a clickable URL)

As the subtitle reads:
What will you do when they come to take your guns?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on December 15, 2019, 12:20:59 am ---Joe wrote:

I saw an article or two that stated that the governor of Virginia has said he will use the Virginia National Guard to go out and 'round up the guns made illegal by the new law the democrat-communists are threatening to pass.

(you'll have to add the "www." yourself, I purposely did not make this a clickable URL)

As the subtitle reads:

--- End quote ---

@Fishrrman

Thanks,but I will just wait to hear and read it in the newspapers and news shows on teebee. Who needs fiction,when you can have the real thing?

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on December 15, 2019, 12:20:59 am ---Joe wrote:

As the subtitle reads:

--- End quote ---
I read the book when it was said it inspired a bombing in the 90s and was pushed to be banned. I am curious when obscure tomes are cited as reasons, and want to see what the ballyhoo is about. Ironic that the people pushing for that war the most are from the Left, not the Right. But then, the Left dreams of being the Empire, so that whole dark side of the Force thing comes naturally to them.
They're the ones who saw 1984 as a dream, not a a horror story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version