Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 12th  (Read 521 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Dec. 12th
« on: December 12, 2019, 07:54:29 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

My Advice for Democrats in Trump Districts

Dec 12, 2019

RUSH: I love this. Matt Gaetz from Florida just did a riff on how the Democrats are facing defections about how they’re losing voters and about how they’re losing support and they are in the process of beginning to panic while the Republicans remain united, which they are.

Folks, don’t doubt me on this. I’m telling you, there is heap big trouble. If you watch carefully enough, you can hear the evidence of it. Grab sound bite number 4. This is a montage on CNN, some of their people and guests panicking, wondering if the Democrats are getting cold feet.

JOHN BERMAN: A growing handful of Democrats could be getting cold feet.

RACHAEL BADE: The moderates’ freakout or the cold feet.

JOHN BERMAN: In the House, Democrats getting cold feet.

ROBIN MEADE: There’s a handful of Democrats that might be getting cold feet. Cold feet in what way?

WOLF BLITZER: The Democrats have a potential problem here in that they may lose two, they may lose four, they may lose six Democrats, they may even lose a few more. It could be a little bit awkward.

DAVID GREGORY: It could be awkward.

RUSH: Could be a little awkward. Now, CNN’s doing this to try to tell the Democrats, “Don’t you dare get cold feet.” They’re warning them. Don’t think that CNN’s reporting on this. Oh, no. CNN is trying to scare these people. You better not be getting cold feet. They’re trying to shame them. But the fact of the matter is it can’t be denied. It’s going backwards. They’re gonna be underwater on this before long, the longer this springs out.

And it’s not just this that is pressuring a lot of Democrats in the House. Let me share with you a tweet from Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale. “Pelosi’s sham, partisan impeachment will cost her caucus members their careers. Two more campaign polls, NM & PA. Freshman Dem in NM in trouble in state we eye as Trump pickup in 2020. Longtime Dem in PA underwater on impeachment.”

So Parscale is tweeting out that their polling, the Trump campaign polling in swing districts is showing Democrats underwater. But there’s something else going on. These same Democrats that feel pressured by Pelosi to vote for impeachment when they don’t want to, these same Democrats are being squeezed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her pack. She is trying to recruit far leftist wackos to run against these moderates in the House in upcoming primaries.

So these 32, 24, whatever the number is, whatever this number of moderate Democrats that really don’t want to vote for impeachment are being squeezed. They’re being squeezed by Pelosi and they’re being squeezed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. They’re under threat of being primaried by a bunch of far-left wackos. So what do they do? They’re caught.

And in his rally in Hershey, Pennsylvania, this week Trump flat-out said we have to get rid of the Democrats because they are all crazy, and he pledged to work like crazy to flip the House. He worked like crazy to stop the bloodletting in the midterms in 2018. There are 55 Republicans who retired, who kind of sealed their fate.

So these moderate Democrats are now getting squeezed. They’re getting squeezed on the impeachment battle, they’re being squeezed privately, nobody knows, except people in the district by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her little pack out there trying to recruit as many Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Juniors as they can to run against these people. Because she’s not happy. She’s not happy the way Pelosi’s running it. She’s not happy there’s only two articles of impeachment. They want 20.

In fact, folks, they want Trump strung up and shot at dawn tomorrow, or hanged tomorrow. And two articles of impeachment don’t cut it. So the Democrats are not carrying the day with this no matter how you are being made to believe or influenced by watching the Drive-Bys.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Hey, you moderates in the House Trump districts worried what to do here to save your seat, I can help.

You know how you get out of this mess? Vote Trump. Announce your support for Trump in your district. Stave off the Pelosi Democrats and stave off Cortez. Support Trump, you win.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Dec. 12th
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 07:55:17 pm »

TIME Bombshell Blows Up Sondland Testimony

Dec 12, 2019

RUSH: There was a bombshell in TIME magazine yesterday. A bombshell story, and it’s been referenced this morning in the hearings. Don’t know if you’re watching them anymore. Wouldn’t blame you if you’re not. A bombshell from TIME magazine. I almost couldn’t believe it. It totally takes the entire foundation of the Schiff-Nadler impeachment proceedings out from under them. It totally destroys the basis on which they did all of this.

It has been mentioned today by Republicans on the committee. They’d read from the story. They have talked about it. It doesn’t faze the Democrats because this has never been about fact, it’s never been about anything Trump did because Trump hasn’t done anything. It’s purely and simply about the fact that Trump won.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Hey, let me get to this bombshell news and have audio sound bite number 25 standing by. Now, it really is bombshell news, but for that to be perceived, you have to have a basic understanding of the Democrats’ attempted case for impeachment during the Schiff committee hearings.

The Schiff committee hearings is where they brought in all the State Department ambassadors, all of these civil servants, all of these bureaucrats whose noses were all out of joint that Donald Trump even got elected, that somebody so smelly and somebody so deplorable and somebody so unsophisticated and so uneducated could possibly be thrust into their elite world.

Not a single one of them, save for one person, had any direct, firsthand contact with Donald Trump. Not a one of them knew him. Not a one of them was able to offer more than hearsay. Well, other than Lieutenant Colonel Vindman — O say can you see. He was on the phone call. The whistleblower, however, was not. None of the other people, none of the other ambassadors were on the phone call. None of them knew Donald Trump. They just hated him.

But more importantly, all of them had been cast aside. Their advice had been cast aside. Their input had been cast aside. Their consultation had been cast aside. You see, they were from the interagency group. The interagency group is a combination of people that work in the State Department and the intelligence community, and basically the foreign policy establishment.

And Donald Trump didn’t use them. I mean, they weren’t fired. Some of them were reassigned, but he didn’t consult them. He didn’t use them. And these were people who thought of Ukraine as their own country even before the United States. They live there, they work there, they knew people there, they went to restaurants, they had affairs, they had sex there, did everything there. And they looked at Ukraine as almost an adopted child, helpless, incompetent, and threatened by a giant bully, Russia.

And they were happy as clams and pigs in excrement when Obama was president. (interruption) What? Well, they were. I said excrement. No aid was given to Ukraine. Russia was allowed to come in and take Crimea, and they all thought it’s wonderful. Nobody did anything to stop it. And in the Obama administration, there was no incompetence because, well, they were there. I mean, they were the best and the brightest.

So Trump comes in and surveys the scene, says, this is crazy, and appoints some people that he’s known, gotten to know as ambassador to the European Union, such as Gordon Sondland, and he replaces some others like Yovanovitch. And they were so, so hurt, they were so disappointed. Trump was throwing away all of these years of expertise and sophistication and knowledge in favor of like-minded boobs like him.

He may as well brought in a bunch of construction workers to run foreign policy, as far as they were concerned. So the one person in all of this that the Schiff committee relied on — and even this was flimsy — was Gordon Sondland. Because Gordon Sondland, if you remember — and you probably don’t — Gordon Sondland testified down there in the basement at Schiff’s room that was not open to anybody, and then after Sondland, here came Bill Taylor and some of the others.

And after they testified, Sondland said, “Oh, yeah, I need to revise my testimony.” So Bill Taylor says some things that are incriminating to Trump that Sondland had not said. Sondland says, that’s right, that’s right. And so he asked to amend his testimony, which he did. And that is where the bombshell begins.

This bit of news completely undercuts the entire Ukraine impeachment case. The only witness with firsthand knowledge of anything close to a quid pro quo was Gordon Sondland. Gordon Sondland testified that he told president Zelensky’s adviser, Andriy Yermak, that he thought — he couldn’t remember for sure — he amended and revised his testimony at this point after hearing from Bill Taylor and Yovanovitch and some of the others.

He thought, he presumed that Trump wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement about investigating Burisma before he, Trump, would release the aid. Sondland then told Bill Taylor and others that, yes, he had told Yermak that. So then this gets passed around. Sondland therefore become the source for the story that Trump demanded a quid pro quo, and it was aid in exchange for Zelensky announcing the investigation into Burisma. Not starting it. Not doing it. Just announcing it.

These people claim Trump didn’t even care whether the investigation actually happened. He just wanted it announced. He wanted the announcement from Ukraine that they finally were gonna be looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden and Joe Biden.

Well, this has all blown up because TIME magazine went and talked to Andriy Yermak. Yermak, again, is Zelensky’s adviser, and he’s the guy that Sondland thinks — he said to this guy, “I think Trump wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement.” He wasn’t sure. He presumed so. Yermak told TIME magazine that Sondland never told him that. In fact, Andriy Yermak says the two of them never even spoke. Except for a few innocuous remarks in passing, they never had any kind of a private conversation ever.

Yermak said, “We bumped into each other in the hallway next to the escalator, as I was walking out. And I remember — everything is fine with my memory — we talked about how well the meeting went. That’s all we talked about.”

That’s it. He didn’t tell me one thing about Trump wanting an investigation, demanding an investigation, withholding aid, not a thing. And TIME magazine has to admit these comments cast doubt on an important moment in the impeachment inquiry’s reconstruction of events, specifically, the only known point at which an American official directly tells the Ukrainians about the link between U.S. aid and the announcement of specific investigations.

But it does more than cast doubt. It blows the entire case against Trump out of the water, because this was it. Gordon Sondland testifying that he thought Trump wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement — Sondland amended his testimony — now, we’ll get into what’s going on with Sondland here in a minute. But Sondland testified after he amended his testimony that he thought — he didn’t even say with certitude — he told Yermak that he thought Trump wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement. He presumed it based on other things that he had heard, but he didn’t know it for a fact.

Yermak has come along and said he didn’t even tell me that. We never had a meeting. We ran into each other coming off of an elevator. He never said a word to me about anything to do with a meeting, with an investigation. And TIME magazine knows this is bad. This is very bad. These comments cast doubt on an important moment in the impeachment inquiry’s reconstruction.

There’s one other thing about Sondland. Sondland, he did not put this — remember he had a 20-page opening statement. He did not put what I’m gonna tell you in his opening statement. It came out in questioning. He said the president said to him when asked, Sondland said, “What do you want? What do you want?” Trump said, “I don’t want anything. I don’t want a quid pro quo. I don’t want anything. I just want Zelensky to do the right thing, what he said he was gonna do.”

Well, right there, direct testimony from Sondland, no quid pro quo, Trump openly said he didn’t want a quid pro quo. It’s not ignored, it’s been swept out of the record, and instead what they kept in the record was Sondland’s testimony that he thought Trump wanted a public announcement from Zelensky investigating Biden in the exchange for aid flowing.

Well, now Zelensky’s number one aide, Yermak, says, “We never talked about it. Sondland never said this to me.” So the Republicans today at the markup of the articles of impeachment hearing kept harping on this as literally taking the bottom out of their case. This literally blows up the entire impeachment case.

We have a primary aide to Zelensky saying, “Nope. Nobody ever talked to us about demanding a public announcement of an investigation in exchange for aid.” It never happened, and Sondland didn’t say a word. Sondland in that testimony is why these articles of impeachment exist, and it’s all the Democrats have ever had.

So now the question becomes, well, what does Sondland think he was doing then? He altered his testimony to say that he had told Yermak that he thought, he presumed — and, by the way, he never said with certitude — that he presumed Trump wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement about investigating Burisma before he would release aid. He just assumed it because of other things he was hearing.

Again, Yermak said he never said a word, it didn’t happen. If that didn’t happen, then there’s literally no basis for this impeachment. So now we have to start asking, well, what the hell was Sondland doing here? Sondland’s a Trump hand-picked guy. Now, we know that Sondland’s wife, her businesses were being boycotted. She’s real estate and hotels, in Oregon. She was being boycotted, she was being bullied. And one of the boycott movements being led by a Democrat member of Congress named Brunauer, Brunauer, something.

We also have subsequently heard reports that three women have accused Sondland of sexual harassment in the European Union office that he occupied. So why in the world would Sondland amend his testimony after others had testified saying, “Yeah, well, I just thought Trump was demanding an investigation in exchange for aid,” when the guy he said it to is now openly denying that it ever happened and in TIME magazine.

Now, Sondland didn’t testify about talking with this aid until he revised his testimony after Bill Taylor said that he had told Zelensky’s aid about the link. Sondland might have just been shooting off his mouth to impress Taylor and he didn’t want to admit it or it was because of his wife being pressured. But whatever it is the bottom line is the Democrats have relied here on a witness who is shaky at best and cannot be verified in his original statements.

So this came up numerous times today. It was brought up by Republicans and they said, “What are we doing here? I mean, this is your whole case. And nobody here’s even talking about it.” Finally the Round Mound of the Gavel decided to weigh in on it, and here he is, Jerry Nadler.

NADLER: We’ve repeatedly heard that the Democrats are accusing President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak of lying because Mr. Zelensky said, President Zelensky said he wasn’t pressured. Well, of course he said he wasn’t pressured. The United States is a powerful nation on which his nation is dependent.

He has a gun to his head. The gun is the fact that the president of the United States, upon whom he depends for military aid, you cannot credit to that denial without any aspersions on his character but simply on the fact that the president of the United States holds a gun to his head.

RUSH: So we’re just gonna not believe Yermak and we’re not gonna believe Zelensky because they’re lying, too, and they’re lying because they’re afraid of the bully, Donald Trump, has got a loaded gun pointed at their heads. So here’s testimony, here’s a witness speaking before the TIME story, so forth, Yermak, denying all of this. “No, we don’t believe that. We’re not gonna –” They can’t believe it because it undercuts their whole case. “We’re not gonna believe that, these people are lying because –”

Do you realize, not only are the Democrats trying to destroy Trump, they’re making a buffoon out of this guy Zelensky. They’re literally destroying this guy on the world stage. They’re making him out to be a total toadie and a buffoon when in fact he has been elected in Ukraine to clean up that country, to get rid of the kind of corruption that permitted people like Biden to show up and get prosecutors fired.

And the Democrats, man, it doesn’t matter. They will destroy anybody or anything, including the American the electoral system if they have to. And they have done that. You talk about casting aspersions, you go out and talk to your average Democrat voter and they will tell you that the 2016 election wasn’t fair and it was rigged and the 2020 election is already rigged. They will tell you that because their Democrat leaders have convinced them, have told them that that’s the case, when it isn’t.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:55:54 pm »

Biden Committed the Crime and We Have the Tape

Dec 12, 2019

RUSH: One of the things they’ve been harping on today — and it’s filled with misquotes — the Democrats, just for example here, keep saying, “And Trump called President Zelensky, said, ‘Do me a favor.’” The Republicans are pulling their hair out, “He didn’t say, ‘Do me a favor.’ He said, ‘Do us a favor,’” meaning the United States. But what was that all about? Grab audio sound bite number 24. What is this really all about?

We have a trade pact, we have a deal with Ukraine, a mutual agreement where we will ferret out corruption — they will, we will. They will help us; we will help them. “Corrupt” has been the name of the game in Ukraine up until Zelensky was elected. Now, Zelensky has to prove that he’s a new deal, he’s a new guy, he’s not the same old corrupt leader.

So the president of the United States, following the law, suggested that there’s a hell of a lot of American corruption in Ukraine that Zelensky’s gotta root out. And some of that corruption involved the vice president of the United States, Joe Biden. Joe Biden in fact interfered in the internal domestic politics of Ukraine for the benefit of himself and his son and Barack Obama. Donald Trump did not. Donald Trump has not.

Donald Trump has not engaged in corruption in Ukraine, but Barack Obama and Joe Biden have. Ukraine needed financial assistance from the United States. It’s a new day under Donald Trump. You don’t get financial assistance unless you’re genuinely deserving of it. Are you a good ally? Do you say good things about us? Do you welcome our support? Do you support us? Is it mutual?

We’re not throwing away money anymore under Donald Trump. Recipients of American foreign aid have to genuinely demonstrate that they’re allies, and one of the ways Ukraine has to do it, are you gonna get serious in fighting the corruption going on there? Because we’re not gonna pay you any more if you’re going to allow it to continue.

So Trump says you’ve got a problem. You need to look at what Joe Biden’s been doing for his son. They want to impeach Trump for this when all Trump has been doing is following the law. Now, why Biden? Well, I want to go back to the audio sound bite January 23rd, 2018. This is the Council on Foreign Relations. And Joe Biden is bragging about how he interfered in domestic Ukraine politics and got a prosecutor fired, a prosecutor who was looking into his son’s relationship with the energy company Burisma.

Biden is here at the Council on Foreign Relations bragging about how he got the prosecutor fired and how he and Obama threatened to withhold American aid if in fact the prosecutor wasn’t fired. Ukraine fired the prosecutor, and Biden is here bragging about it.

This is what Trump wants investigated. This is what Trump wants to get to the bottom of. It’s perfectly legit. We have an American politician, sitting vice president admitting interfering in domestic politics in Ukraine for his own personal benefit. Here is Vice President Biden bragging about his interference to the council.

BIDEN: I went over, I guess the 12th, 13th time, to Kiev and uh, and I was gonna – supposed to announce that there’s another billion dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from, uh, Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn’t. I said, “Nah,” I said, “I’m not gonna,” or “we’re not gonna give you the billion dollars.” They said, “You have no authority, you’re not the president, the president said.” I said, “Call him.”

CROWD: (laughter)

BIDEN: I said, “I’m telling you, you’re not gettin’ a billion dollars.” I said, “You’re not getting the billion and I’m gonna be leaving here,” I think it was, what, six hours. I look and I said, “I’m leaving in six hours, if the prosecutor’s not fired, you’re not gettin’ the money.” Well son of a bitch.

CROWD: (laughter)

BIDEN: He got fired.

RUSH: There it is. Biden is admitting that he gets a prosecutor fired in exchange for $1 billion in American loan guarantees, American aid. He’s bragging about it. Everybody’s laughing. Everybody’s applauding. This is what Trump says has got to stop to Zelensky. He said, “Do us a favor. Look into this.”

Now, because it’s Biden, everybody thinks Trump is trying to get the lowdown on Biden because he might be Trump’s opponent, the 2020 Democrat nominee. Who cares? Trump has a responsibility according to a mutually agreed to law to ferret out corruption in Ukraine and in the United States. And Biden has admitted it. There’s no impeachable offense here. They’re simply following United States law.

What’s happening is that Biden’s role in all this, Biden’s actual interference in a foreign government and its domestic affairs and then bragging about it is being totally ignored and swept under the rug. Trump has not done anything even close to what Biden has bragged about here. And yet they’re trying to impeach him.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 07:56:35 pm »

Backfire! The Democrats’ Primary Objective Has Failed

Dec 12, 2019

RUSH: The objective all along, beginning with Trump-Russia collusion, beginning with all the shenanigans during the campaign, the objective all along — and there are many branches to this primary objective – the primary objective has been to separate Trump voters from Trump. The primary objective has been to convince Trump voters they made a mistake. The primary objective has been to persuade Trump voters that he is a bad guy and is not good for them and not good for the country.

This objective has failed. It has failed royally. And now it is in the backfiring stage. How many days have we had to listen to this same rotgut garbage? People are fed up with it. The Democrats have been on display for three straight weeks now. Their basic problem is Trump didn’t do anything. Trump did not commit a crime. Trump has not engaged in impeachable offenses. They can’t name one. They can’t cite one.

After three years of more money and more investigators and more bias and more abuse of the American bureaucracy than any American can ever remember, they’ve got nothing. They’ve got hearsay, and they have their hate, and they have their rage. But it is precisely because they have nothing that they have failed in their primary objective. They have not persuaded Trump voters they made a mistake. They have in fact cemented Trump voters and glued Trump voters even more solidly to Trump.

They have created Trump supporters out of people who were ambivalent. This is backfiring on them so big, I can’t even describe it to you. And even the Drive-By Media is getting worried now. I told you yesterday that Pelosi would go ahead and allow this vote if all she had was 218 votes. If Nancy Pelosi could follow her desires, she would pull this impeachment off the table. It has been an utter bomb. It’s going in the wrong direction. If she hasn’t, she is going to signal to a bunch of Democrats, “Look. If you gotta vote against impeachment to keep your seat, then I’m gonna free you to do it.”

She cannot hold her caucus. There are too many Democrats that have already announced they are going to vote “no” on this. The bipartisanship in this impeachment is going to be in opposition to it. They threw everything they had. They threw the Drive-By Media being totally devoid of any principles. The Drive-By Media willingly, happily threw away every bit of reputation it had left. The Drive-By Media, the American mainstream media has sullied itself, has soiled itself, and has forever destroyed any credibility that it once had.

That didn’t work. Going all-in all the time to destroy Donald Trump and to break that bridge from Trump voters to Trump has failed. And now what do they do? They use polling data over and over. They used two years of a Mueller investigation with 40 agents, 500 witnesses, $40 million, they couldn’t find a crime. They couldn’t find collusion. They haven’t found anything because Trump didn’t do anything.

They have been reduced to trying to manufacture the illusion of criminal behavior, impeachable behavior, incompetent behavior. They have tried to use what they consider to be Trump’s lack of manners, his ogre-ish personality. None of it has worked. Trump’s approval numbers are higher today than ever. And they are higher today than Barack Obama’s approval numbers at the exact same point in his administration. The polling data run by the Drive-By Media showing support for impeachment is plummeting. For the first time in the Quinnipiac poll yesterday, 51% of registered voters, not even likely, registered voters oppose impeachment.

Mitch McConnell has announced today we’re not even gonna do a trial. We’re gonna move immediately for an acquittal. We’re gonna bypass “not guilty” and we’re gonna move for an acquittal.” And the Drive-By Media is beside itself. And the Democrats in the Senate are now bellyaching, whining and moaning for fairness. They want fairness in the Senate trial, despite denying fairness at every stage of the House proceedings.

Adam Schiff has been exposed to everyone who has paid attention to this as what he is. He is a lying, shameless partisan who is governed by a hate and a superiority complex. Pelosi has been exposed to be what she is. All of these people have let it be known they can’t hide, they’ve chosen not to hide. They’ve thrown away their camouflage. They are strictly motivated by their pure hatred and their anger at having lost the election in 2016.

I don’t know. I’m watching this today and there isn’t anything new in it. In fact, these articles that the Democrats have put forth today are so weak and so baseless and so absent any evidence that many of the Democrats, when it’s their turn to speak — this is the markup for the articles, the whole House vote. The committee vote will be later today, the whole House vote next week.

It’s so weak, it’s so bad that most of the Democrats are just getting all their hate off their chest. They’re talking about Stormy Daniels. They’re talking about Michael Cohen. They’re talking about Avenatti. They’re talking about Kavanaugh. They’re talking about Trump University. It’s all coming out. They just hate the guy ’cause they can’t beat him. They hate the guy because he’s outsmarted them at every turn. This does not happen to them. They don’t get outsmarted like this. They don’t get tricked like this. They don’t get beaten like this. Certainly not with the media on their side 24/7.

So it’s all coming out. And the American people watching this, the Trump voters who are watching this who are supposed to have been moved by all this, they’re supposed to have been made guilty they voted for Trump. They’re supposed to be doubting their support for Trump. They’re supposed to renounce it. Trump’s rallies are bigger than ever. They’re more raucous than ever. They’re more energetic than ever. They’re more positive than ever.

Trump supporters are more eager and chomping at the bit to go vote to show their support for Trump. And why not? If you’re living in the United States of America today, you’re living life and a potential for a good life unlike you have known. You’re living it. You don’t have to be told. You are living it. You turn on your TV, and because the Drive-By Media is all-in on the Democrats and making their case, what do you see? Whining, moaning, a bunch of spoil brats.

TIME magazine name a 16-year-old as Person of the Year. They wanted to name the whistleblower, but then they figured out they couldn’t name him, so they’ve named him Guardian of the Year. TIME magazine, a new award or new qualification, Guardian of the Year, the whistleblower and the witnesses at Schiff’s and Nadler’s hearings.

They are so clueless, they don’t have any idea how what they are doing is being seen. You have to know how you are seen if you’re in public life, be it in showbiz, entertainment, politics, which is showbiz for the ugly, you have to know. You have to have a sense of how you’re seen. You have to have empathy. Democrats have no empathy.

The Democrats have no concern how they’re seen because they are acting under their authoritarian impulses and they’re simply trying to will what they wish were true to be true. At the end of the day, Trump didn’t do anything. So they have been reduced to having to make it up. And examples of that are on display today. Once I start listing examples, I wouldn’t know where to stop.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Some Democrat — I didn’t catch her name — just said, “And we’re impeaching the president today because he made up his own foreign policy.” What? You mean the guy that won the election? The guy that runs the American foreign policy made up his own foreign policy?

See, he went outside channels. He went outside the interagency group. He did not rely on the bureaucrats. Horowitz is a bureaucrat. These FBI scammers are bureaucrats. And these bureaucrats, all of them unelected, have been thinking they run the show, they run the FBI, they run foreign policy. The American people wanted somebody else. They wanted somebody outside this apparatus. They elected somebody outside this apparatus. The person they elected is actually operating outside the apparatus.

And so the apparatus is coming after him and trying to convince the people that voted for him that they made a mistake. Their problem in doing that, though, they let Trump voters know that they hate them. These people cannot hide their hate for you. They have no idea. I think they do anyway.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: “Rush, what do you mean?” I check the email. “What do you mean? What do you mean some Democrats are –” Right here it is. Washington Post: “House Democrats Brace for Some Defections Among Moderates on Impeachment of Trump.”

Folks, I warned you this was gonna happen yesterday. When that Quinnipiac poll came out, let’s go back and review. I wonder if you all realize how often things I say here are repeated elsewhere in the media. And I wonder how many of you say, “Yeah, yeah, Rush told us that.” It happened all morning in the hearings today. It happened all afternoon in the Senate hearings yesterday. And now here comes the Washington Post with the story.

When that Quinnipiac poll hit yesterday, 51% oppose impeachment, Quinnipiac is the poll of polls for the Democrats. It’s never shown Trump in a good light. Fifty-one percent oppose impeachment, never been that high. When did it happen? In the midst of the Democrat impeachment effort.

And I said then that Pelosi, if she could pull this back, would, but she can’t. She’s too deep, she’s too far in. Her media would revolt against her, as would many in her base because this is about nothing more than the continued expression of hate. It’s all it is. These people have an unquenchable hate. It has to be fed every day. It has to be nourished every day. They can’t go a day without being dominated and governed by their hate. Democrat base voters, the mainstream media, you name it.

Pelosi can’t pull back on impeachment. But believe me, if she could, she would. Three weeks ago I said Pelosi will not do this if all she has is 218 votes, meaning the bare minimum she needs to pass it. I said that’s not gonna be enough. That’s not gonna be enough to sway the American people. It’s gonna be purely party line, she can’t do it.

At the time, the thinking was that she had 235 votes. At the time the thinking was that the 30 or 31 moderate Democrats who were elected in the 2018 midterms that come from Trump districts, the thinking was that the case was solid enough that they could go ahead and vote for impeachment and not imperil themselves.

Then the hearings began, and it became obvious that they had nothing. It became obvious all they had was hearsay and academics testifying what they thought a rotten guy Donald Trump is. A bunch of bureaucrats who were not even on the phone call. The transcript of the phone call shows nothing there. The whistleblower came and went before anybody ever heard from him or saw him. They had nothing.

Those 31 moderates began to get nervous and got more and more nervous as the hearings went on and on ’cause the case was not made, despite the media’s bias in analyzing it, reporting it, the case was not made. Then the impeachment number 51%, I will guarantee you the Democrat internal polls are showing this as well. The desire for impeachment is plummeting the more this goes on.

So when the number hit yesterday, I told you, I guessed, educated guess, that Pelosi’s gonna release some of these moderates and that if all she gets is 218 she’ll take it because she can’t pull back. She cannot cancel this. She can’t even delay it. She might try to delay it on the basis that McConnell here demanding an immediate acquittal, moving through an immediate acquittal is gonna deny her side fairness. She could pull it on the basis of the way McConnell says he’s gonna deal with this.

It’s an outside chance. I’m not predicting it. I’m just telling you, don’t be surprised, because McConnell has said (paraphrasing), “I’m not even gonna have the trial. I’m gonna go for summary judgment. I’m gonna pull guilty or not guilty right on the first day. We’re not even gonna get a guilty verdict. We’re gonna dismiss this.”

Well, Pelosi could say, “You know what? Senator McConnell is denying us the fairness, he’s denying the minority fairness,” which would be a laugh, given how they have abandoned fairness on their side. But she could. She’s always been able, if she wanted to, she has always been able to cancel this on the basis of the partisanship and mean-spiritedness and the bigotry and the racism and the sexism and all that of the Republicans.

But I still think she’s too deep now. And the Washington Post story makes the case. “House Democratic leaders are bracing for some defections among a group of moderate Democrats in swing districts who are concerned a vote to impeach President Trump could cost them their seats in November.

“Lawmakers and senior aides are privately predicting they will lose more than the two Democrats who opposed the impeachment inquiry rules package in late September. … Two senior Democratic aides said the total could be as many as a half-dozen, while a third said the number could be higher.

“Several moderates have privately pined for other options, including a censure vote they know they’re unlikely to get. Others have even considered what one moderate called ‘splitting the baby’: backing one article of impeachment but not the other to try to show independence from the party.”

In other words, they’ll vote for one but not the other to show independence in the party. Because these moderates think if they go all-in with their own party, that they’re dead at the ballot box. So she’s got the votes to impeach but here come defections, meaning bipartisanship will be a part of impeachment, but it will be bipartisan support against it.

And if it’s six now or more, it’s only going to get worse because Trump didn’t do anything. And, folks, despite all the noise and all the hate and all of the energy the Democrats have mustered, this has been about one thing. It’s been about trying to break the bond of Trump supporters to Trump. The exact opposite has happened. In fact, you probably will find Democrats openly complaining about it on TV now.

If you watch enough TV, my guess is that some Democrats will start openly complaining about how Trump voters just will not turn on the guy. “We’ve given everything we got. I mean, we impeached, we had the Mueller investigation, had the Russia investigation, all this, had Stormy Daniels, NBC tape, we had Steele dossier, we can’t –” They’re gonna start complaining about it because they went into this thinking it’d be a slam dunk.

I mean, take out a Republican? That’s easy. That’s Democrat 101. Call up your buddies in the media and get the process started. The list of Republicans destroyed this way is long. Here’s an audio sound bite to demonstrate for you the utter frustration and the hatred and the scattershot approach and the general feeling that Trump shouldn’t be president just because we don’t like the guy. Steve Cohen, Democrat from Tennessee. This is during the debate today on the markup, the House Judiciary Committee on the two articles of impeachment.

COHEN: When he said, “I need a favor, though” he was talking about getting dirt on the Bidens. Michael Cohen told us the president doesn’t come out and say exactly what he wants. He speaks in code. That’s the president’s code. Michael Cohen knows it and Michael Cohen is in prison now. Michael Cohen, who is in prison because he facilitated the payments to Ms. Daniels and the payments to Ms. McDougal. You talk about abuse of power? Abuse of power is having a charitable foundation and taking advantage of the charities and using the money for your own purposes and having to pay a $2 million fine and not being allowed to be on a board ever again because you don’t have the character to be over a charitable foundation. Abuse of power is ripping off people with Trump University and paying $25 million dollars.

RUSH: None of that is in the articles of impeachment. None of it. And now he’s quoting Michael Cohen, who he acknowledges is in jail for, among other things, lying. Michael Cohen made the payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. Abuse of power, the president speaks in code. He was talking about getting dirt on the Bidens. We didn’t need dirt on the Bidens. Biden provided the dirt. Biden copped to the interference. We just played you the audio of Biden bragging about it.

What Trump was saying, are you gonna get to the bottom of this? Are you gonna investigate it? There’s another thing, too, that Trump was actually soliciting help from Zelensky on getting to the bottom of what happened to him in the Russia collusion case, because Ukraine was involved in that no matter what these people try to rewrite history as saying, Ukraine was involved in it.

There have been seven Drive-By news stories detailing it and even a Ukraine court found Ukrainians guilty of colluding in the 2016 American election. And they are sitting here even today at their little committee in utter denial of that. They keep harping on “Trump said ‘do me a favor, do me a favor.’” Nope, no, he didn’t say “Do me a favor.” He said, “Do us a favor,” talking about, “hey, do us in the United States, do us a favor.”

By the way, it’s a Trump manner of speaking that he has used his whole life. I’ll be playing golf with Trump and some aide will come up or some member of the staff at the club will come up, “Do me a favor. Go tell that guy…” “Do me a favor” is like saying “hey,” to him. “Do me a favor” is not soliciting a bribe. It’s almost a way that he bridges a conversation with people.

Some people say, “Hey, do me a favor. Go get me a Diet Coke. Hey, do me a favor and run down to that guy down and tell him I’ll see him a 4 o’clock. Do me a favor.” It’s a speech pattern with Trump. And they’re trying to make that an impeachable offense.

Anyway, the American people are seeing all this because this is now going for three straight weeks. There isn’t anything new in it. They don’t have anything, and what is obviously surfacing now is their pure, abject hatred. And it’s not infectious, folks. It’s not drawing people to them. It’s driving people away.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We’re gonna start with Dan in Sonoma, California. Hi, Dan. Welcome. Great to have you with us today.

CALLER: Rush, thanks very much. I agree with you that Pelosi was pushed into this, because she resisted impeachment for the longest time. But that begs the question, if she was pushed into it, by who? I want names. If you discover the name of the person or persons that pushed her into this very destructive situation, you’ll find out who runs the Democrat Party.

RUSH: Well, okay, do you have a list of people you think might be at the top of that list, forcing Pelosi to do this?

CALLER: I think Cortez is not on that list. She’s simply not that smart —

RUSH: Obviously Cortez isn’t on the list. It has nothing to do with her brains or not, which are hard to find.

CALLER: Soros is a name that’s often bandied about.

RUSH: A-ha. This is what I wanted. So George Soros may be behind this?

CALLER: He’s probably one, but there’s probably other people in the shadows that we will never see, never hear, but they have tremendous power. And yes, it sounds conspiratorial, but again, Pelosi was pushed into this, and I’d like to find out who.

RUSH: Well, I don’t think this is complicated. In the first place, I actually reject what we were told that Pelosi never wanted to do this. I think that was all part of the plan. I think she’s been chomping at the bit to do this since election night 2016. They all have been. The idea that Pelosi was trying to put on the brakes, the idea Pelosi had to try to tame the out-of-control members of her asylum, I think that was all PR.

I think it was all for our benefit, all designed to make us think that somebody reasonable is prowling around over there, that there’s an adult over there. And then the game was to make it look like she could no longer hold out because the evidence was so overwhelming. The Democrats are the daily execution of a soap opera script that they write.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:49:44 pm »

Will the GOP Carry the Trump Torch in 2024?

Dec 12, 2019

RUSH: Chicago, this is Wayne. Glad you called, sir. You’re next. It’s great to have you here today. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for taking my call. Rush, you’ve been saying for quite a while now that the driving force, or one of the main driving forces behind the Democrats, is their pure hatred of Trump, you know, his bravado, his manner, and in many cases his followers as well. Now, he’s exposed the media, he’s exposed Washington corruption. But I think there’s something else in play here where he’s exposed liberalism.

You know, five years from now when Trump leaves office, I think the next Republican that can just ride his coattails into office, just continue with the same policies. Because his policies, his economic policies, his tax cuts for the most part have worked. And, you know, maybe the next Republican in won’t have that bravado, that manner, but he’s exposed liberalism for what it is, and his policies work. So I’d like to get your thoughts on that.

RUSH: Can I ask a personal question? You don’t have to answer it, but I’m just curious.

CALLER: Sure.

RUSH: How old you are?

CALLER: Sixty-two

RUSH: So you were alive and functioning during the eighties.

CALLER: Yeah. Yes.

RUSH: Well, we had eight years of Ronaldus Magnus, and the Republican Party did not want to continue anything. They said they did, they campaigned, you know, George H. W. Bush campaigned as the third term of Ronald Reagan, but that’s not what we got. Back then the Republican Party was filled with Never Conservatives instead of Never Trumpers. Reagan was an outlier. Reagan had to beat the system like Trump did.

Reagan implemented conservative economics, caused an economic boom, many other things, brought down the deficit, reduced inflation, and also reduced per capita government spending, all while increasing employment. And they’re a standalone. The Republican Party, until Trump, never, ever tried to replicate it. So why do you think the Republican Party in 2024 is gonna try to carry the torch of Trump?

CALLER: Well, I think the one thing that may have changed is people, I believe, in this day and age are more in tune with politics and they’re more in tune with the corrupt media. And they’re gonna just look at what works for them, and they’re gonna be more concentrated on principle above personality.

RUSH: All right, how many people do you think who like Trump — this is not a trick question. I genuinely want to know what you think. How many people do you think who like Trump and follow Trump would think what Trump is doing is conservatism, and therefore are becoming conservatives so that when other people run and identify themselves as conservative, “Oh, you’re like Trump? Okay, I’ll vote for you.” Do you think that’s happening?

CALLER: No. Maybe not so much, Rush, but the policies are working. We can call them, you know, whatever we want, but the policies are working. Jobs gone up, unemployment is down, the economy is booming, everything is working. So, you know, we can call it whatever we want. Most people can’t define liberalism, conservatism, Democratic or Republican. So to me, in my opinion, those are just words. They know that their 401(k)s have gone up, they know what’s working for them in their lives. And so they’ll look at that regardless of what you call it.

RUSH: Well, it is gonna be a different generation of people that will be picking up the torch from Trump than even his own generation, and certainly a generation far different than that during the Reagan years. And sadly, you’re right, people know the labels, don’t know what they really mean. That’s been one of my bugaboos. If we could just get a majority of Americans to understand what liberalism is, then over half the battle would be won. Anyway, it does remain a great question. If Trump wins, what will be the next Republican president? What kind of guy, what kind of policies? It’s, I think, still an open question.
Support the USO