Author Topic: UK: Unemployed couple with seven children launch GoFundMe appeal to buy Christmas presents after boo  (Read 355 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
BUY US GIFTS Unemployed couple with seven children launch GoFundMe appeal to buy Christmas presents after booze battle

Hollie Bone

11 Dec 2019, 18:38Updated: 11 Dec 2019, 18:42

AN unemployed couple with seven children have launched a GoFundMe appeal for Christmas presents after the dad battled booze.

Ryan Rodgers, 26, and Jenny Grimes, 25, from Liverpool, say they struggle to survive on £480 a month benefits after their Universal Credit payment was slashed.

Ryan Rodgers, 26, and Jenny Grimes, 25, launched a GoFundMe appeal for money to pay for Christmas presentsCredit: Mercury Press

The family, who live in a three-bedroom house in Liverpool, deny that Mr Rodgers will spend the money they raise on boozeCredit: Mercury Press

The couple say they are forced to rely on food banks, charities and help from pals and relatives to feed their kids, who are all under seven years old.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10531022/unemployed-couple-seven-children-gofundme/

Seven children, 7 and under. Good for them. And apparently, a battle with alcoholism for the man. The story makes one wonder a bit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:52:07 pm by TomSea »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Seven kids by age 25 for her and 26 for him, too bad the booze wasn't a an impediment to procreation, they wouldn't be so bad off. Sorry but I can't help wondering if more kids equals  more govt. dollars in England like America.
<p>
Yeah I read the bennies got cut...........after how long?

Offline libertybele

I don't know what is 'given' to the people in the UK and what isn't.  What I can say is that the unfortunates here are the kids.  Apparently Dad has a drinking problem and that is why they all find themselves in this situation. At Christmas is especially hard.

My feelings though are this; rather than punish people for their addictions; let's offer them the help that they need.  In this case, wouldn't it serve the entire family if they were to tell 'Dad' that he can keep the family benefits if he is willing to go into a program to get him off booze and towards rehabilitation? This accomplishes nothing; Dad is still into booze and the kids don't have Christmas presents. The best Christmas present you could give this family is to get Dad off the booze and to become a productive member of society so that he can support the family.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.