Author Topic: Bloomberg: When I'm President I'll Pack the Supreme Court With Anti-Gun Justices  (Read 506 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bloomberg: When I'm President I'll Pack the Supreme Court With Anti-Gun Justices
Beth Baumann

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 10:10 PM

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has made a name for himself as a leader in the gun control movement. After all, he funds Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action. Naturally, Bloomberg has decided to use his anti-Second Amendment stance to make himself a top tier in the 2020 Democratic field.

In an opinion piece in the Chicago Tribune, Bloomberg rehashed his stance on the Supreme Court case known as New York Rifle and Pistol Association v. New York City. At the time, NYC prohibited gun owners from transporting firearms outside of city limits, even if the resident was taking them to a gun range. Once the New York Rifle and Pistol Association, along with the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Second Amendment Foundation (SAF )challenged the city's ordinance in a court of law, NYC decided to rescind the law. The city tried to get the lawsuit thrown out, saying the point is now moot because the ordinance no longer exists. Gun rights advocates, however, are worried the city will reimplement the law if the Supreme Court decides to throw out the case.

According to Bloomberg, pro-gun groups, like the NRA, are trying to thwart "public safety." His solution is to "appoint judges who understand that the Second Amendment allows for common sense limits on gun ownership."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/12/10/icymi-bloomberg-promised-to-pack-the-supreme-court-in-order-to-push-his-antigun-agenda-n2557804
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Channeling his inner FDR I see.

Thank God he'll never be president.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mrclose

@$$holes like Bloomer, Warren, Buttgig need to brush up on Constitutional Law!

No court, no politician, no state or federal Judges (including the scotus) have the authority to Infringe upon the 2ND!

Every single gun law passed is Unconstitutional and the Courts and Politicians get away with it ... Only because the people are too dumb or too lazy to do anything about it!

Again .. The Constitution is a control on Government ... Not a 'granter of rights'.
(Rights are natural and God given!)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:49:03 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When was the last time Big Gulp packed anything?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When was the last time Big Gulp packed anything?

Right now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why is it I think he only hires and associates with "Yes" men?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@$$holes like Bloomer, Warren, Buttgig need to brush up on Constitutional Law!

No court, no politician, no state or federal Judges (including the scotus) have the authority to Infringe upon the 2ND!

Every single gun law passed is Unconstitutional and the Courts and Politicians get away with it ... Only because the people are too dumb or too lazy to do anything about it!

Again .. The Constitution is a control on Government ... Not a 'granter of rights'.

Precisely. The Constitution delegates some duties, grants the Federal Government some limited powers to fulfill those duties, and essentially tells the Federal Government to leave the rest to the States and the People.
Some Rights are specifically forbidden territory, and the Federal Government has been trespassing there for far too long.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

That would certainly be the shortest administration in history.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@

Not all rights that are natural and God-given are protected by the Constitution.   The 2A addresses the rights of the states to maintain their militias.  But the individual right to personal self-defense wasn't recognized as protected by the Consitution until a SCOTUS majority said so,  a couple of decades after a similar narrow SCOTUS majority found that a woman has the natural right to decide for herself whether to reproduce.

Each of these rights are fragile, and overturning the gun right is at the forefront of the Dems' ambitions for the upcoming election.  If you care about it,  rally your friends to vote GOP, not just for President but for the House, Senate and state legislative elections as well.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not all rights that are natural and God-given are protected by the Constitution.   The 2A addresses the rights of the states to maintain their militias.  But the individual right to personal self-defense wasn't recognized as protected by the Consitution until a SCOTUS majority said so,  a couple of decades after a similar narrow SCOTUS majority found that a woman has the natural right to decide for herself whether to reproduce.

Each of these rights are fragile, and overturning the gun right is at the forefront of the Dems' ambitions for the upcoming election.  If you care about it,  rally your friends to vote GOP, not just for President but for the House, Senate and state legislative elections as well.   

You just never learn do you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You just never learn do you?

He has his good days and his bad days. 😁
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He has his good days and his bad days. 😁

@The Ghost

I'm waiting for him to actually have a "good day" when it comes to the Supreme Court and the Second Amendment.

So far he hasn't had one since he's been here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Oh, bullshit, and you know it. Quit spewing that nonsense. When the Federalist was written, the VERY purpose of having the People armed was to prevent tyranny. That's effectively what had just been done, the whole reason they were considering a Constitution instead of swinging from a scaffold in front of His Majesty's Magistrates.

Who would think for a minute that the Second Amendment wasn't there to solely protect the Right of the People to keep and bear arms when that is exactly the phraseology of the Amendment: "...the Right of The People...".

It is small wonder it took two hundred years of obfuscation and nonsense to cloud the issue when it is still stated so clearly that the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed. That the SCOTUS had rarely been presented with any cases regarding the Second Amendment bears testimony to the clarity of the intent thereof, and it is only since those in Government have tried to subvert the intent of the Amendment that cases have come to the Court at all. No case, no Ruling. One of the most notable, Miller, was poorly presented, without defense, and should have resulted in the overturning of the NFA of '34, even with the warped emphasis and incorrect interpretation of the first part of the amendment.

It is clear that the Founders intended for the People to retain the ability to militarily resist, by force of numbers, armed, even without martial skill and training, the inroads of tyranny into the Republic. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:55:50 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

Not all rights that are natural and God-given are protected by the Constitution.   The 2A addresses the rights of the states to maintain their militias.   

I have a Ton of material on the 2ND and our founders but I'll just 'tease' you with a few quotes.   :whistle:

(Jazz, don't overlook my link at the bottom of the page please.)

As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.

(Tench Coxe in ‘Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution' under the Pseudonym ‘A Pennsylvanian' in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789 at 2 col. 1)

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves?"

Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American.... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

(Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.)

TENCH COXE

A fascinating read on this relatively unknown Secondary Founder at the PDF link below.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.”

(Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787)

Today, when a concerted effort is made to obliterate this point, it cannot be repeated too often that the Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals- that it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government- that it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen’s protection against the government.

Ayn Rand

For those who might be interested ...

A simple summary on both the 2nd and the fabled ... "They Only Had Muskets Back Then" myth is provided in the link below.
(Page 2)

No ads and No popups.

(Pay particular attention to what Noah Webster had to say on the 2nd when it comes to the 'militia'!)

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self