Author Topic: Lindsey Graham does not want Schiff or other Congressmen to testify at Senate impeachment trial  (Read 1500 times)

Offline bilo

I was pretty pissed to hear Graham say if he can get 51 votes to dismiss and avoid a trial, he'd do it.  That's lawyer-think, not politics-think.  News for Graham:  This isn't a defendant you are trying to get off without jail time, it's the President of the US being the subject of a lawless witch hunt. 

This is a political trial, and needs a political solution.

I'm with you 100%

One thing I hadn't thought about until now is does Trump have any exposure to similar charges. I know his sons stopped doing any international deals and are currently fulfilling pre-existing contracts. However, what about Ivanka and her Chinese patents? I think she put her company into a blind trust, but I'm not sure.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

@Cyber Liberty   @libertybele

I may be wrong,but *I* think Lady Lindsey's goal is to do what he can to hinder Trump's election chances,without coming right out and challenging him. What she wants is for Trump to emerge from this so "damaged" he can't win,leaving Lady Lindsey in the black birds seat to accept the nomination.

Of all the things he is or might be,dumb ain't one of them.

I don't doubt the potential for double dealing, but I think he's smart enough to know he could never win without the "deplorables". I just don't see how he would get the "deplorables" support. In fact if the Pubs don't back Trump 100% I wouldn't count on them ever getting back into the majority.

Offline bilo

If there's to be a trial in the Senate, the very first "witness" called should be Eric Ciaramella, brought in by armed guards if need be.

I want to see him take the 5th in front of the Senate, and then slink away.

And after that, Schiffy, too.

After which the DOJ starts investigating them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

In fact if the Pubs don't back Trump 100% I wouldn't count on them ever getting back into the majority.

@bilo

I sure can't argue with that. Can barely stand the bastards right now.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I was pretty pissed to hear Graham say if he can get 51 votes to dismiss and avoid a trial, he'd do it.  That's lawyer-think, not politics-think.  News for Graham:  This isn't a defendant you are trying to get off without jail time, it's the President of the US being the subject of a lawless witch hunt. 

This is a political trial, and needs a political solution.

Be careful what you wish for. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Be careful what you wish for.

I am firmly convinced that the GOPe will do what is best for them.  They don't care if Trump gets to plead his case, which he was prevented from doing in the House, or not.  If the Senate simply dismisses the case without hearings, then the Rats will have gotten away with tarring the President with nothing but two bullshit Articles.  The Press will toot this horn all the way to the Election.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was pretty pissed to hear Graham say if he can get 51 votes to dismiss and avoid a trial, he'd do it.  That's lawyer-think, not politics-think.   

@Cyber Liberty

I disagree. IMNSHO,the exact opposite is true. Lady Lindsey is playing politics by playing nice with the Dims so they will be grateful and support her/it as an alternative to Trump.

Graham wants it BAD,and his only chance is to have both RINO and Dim support to dump Trump and leave an opening he can slither into.

Baby John can't be trusted.

Online corbe

I always assumed that Lady Lindsey never had a clue to begin with @sneakypete and I'm sticking with that because your crackpot theory lends him to much intelligence to be plausible.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I always assumed that Lady Lindsey never had a clue to begin with @sneakypete and I'm sticking with that because your crackpot theory lends him to much intelligence to be plausible.   :beer:

Lindsey wakes up every day asking "WWJD?"  What Would John Do?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'm fine with just Giuliani, Mulvany, and Bolton testifying.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm fine with just Giuliani, Mulvany, and Bolton testifying.

I am too....except for the President's personal Attorney.  That's out of line.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

I actually hope you are right. I see Lindsey as a RINO wet dream come true. I can easily see the NT/AT's here rallying behind him. He would bring back their Boy Jorge/John McLunatic dreams of a Republican Party that "knows it's place". There are a LOT of those fools still wandering around loose out there,and all they need is a sheepherder to lead them around.

I am too....except for the President's personal Attorney.  That's out of line.
My apologies for suggesting it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/13/ted-cruz-wants-rudy-giuliani-testify-senate-judiciary-committee/
Ted Cruz wants Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal attorney, to testify before judiciary committee
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/08/lindsey-graham-invites-rudy-giuliani-testify-senate-038995
Lindsey Graham invites Giuliani to testify before Senate Judiciary panel
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/07/trump-giuliani-ukraine-trip-077725
Trump: Giuliani 'wants to go before Congress' about Ukraine trip

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My apologies for suggesting it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/13/ted-cruz-wants-rudy-giuliani-testify-senate-judiciary-committee/
Ted Cruz wants Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal attorney, to testify before judiciary committee
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/08/lindsey-graham-invites-rudy-giuliani-testify-senate-038995
Lindsey Graham invites Giuliani to testify before Senate Judiciary panel
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/07/trump-giuliani-ukraine-trip-077725
Trump: Giuliani 'wants to go before Congress' about Ukraine trip

I don't care what the Pols think, they are in it for themselves. 
I will NOT comply.

I don't care what the Pols think, they are in it for themselves.
I mostly agree with that point.
It's a shame for President Trump that those Pols will be judging him in the Senate soon.  Did you see what they said about President Trump during the primaries?

Politicians, and even heads of state like President Trump, can only do what the people will let them.  While President Trump has the support of a large minority of voters that comprise his base, he also electrifies the opposition of the rat base. 

Both parties are motivated by their base.  The GOP Senators fear Trump voters primary them or abandon them on election day.  The rat Congressmen fear their base abandoning them if they refuse to implement their Constitutional duty.  A duty the rat base believes is irrefutably warranted.  It maybe hard to believe but the rank and file rat voter stupidly believes the rat party spin.  Their people are demanding impeachment as much as the GOP base demands complete solidarity with God's chosen emissary.  Praise Trump.

Both bases are coming out in 2020.  I don't know which one is bigger but as I've said, the polls, 2018 elections, and 2019 elections don't reflect a mighty GOP. 

It occurs to me that you fear the outcome of the 2020 election much more than I do, even though we both survived 8 years of Obama.  We'll survive 8 years of Trump or Biden, or any rat except Hitlery (pretty sure she's the anti-Christ) our economy is a reflection of the strength of our people.

What can't we face if we're together.
What's in this place that we can't weather?
There’s nothing we can’t face

...Except for bunnies.

I've been watching this show for almost 5 years now.  I think President Trump can't do what he wants because the people, voters, political figures, and even his own staff won't let him screw up too badly.  I was worried that Impeachment might make him a more sympathetic figure, but now I have no reason to believe President Trump can self-destruct with more power in 2020.  Especially since I know he will never apologize for being a crook.  Nobody will forgive a man who refuses to ask for it.

I'm sorry we are not watching the same show @Cyber Liberty I'm sure the movie you see in your media makes President Trump out to be thoughtful, diligent, wise, deliberative, and altruistic man. I say this because I see these qualities in you, so I assume they are traits you would be attracted to in your leaders.

I don't see that man in Trump.

Thank you for your response

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If there's to be a trial in the Senate, the very first "witness" called should be Eric Ciaramella, brought in by armed guards if need be.

I want to see him take the 5th in front of the Senate, and then slink away.

And after that, Schiffy, too.

No, Shiffy and then Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Just so long as Trump ends up convicted, that's all that matters, right?  Then why bother with Schifty?  Just get that bad orange man under oath, and we'll get 'im now.

I don't think there will be a trial, and that will help your purpose of replacing Trump in 2020, with a Democrat. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Chosen Daughter

Is "His feet stink and he doan luv Jesus causen he dun cheat-ed on his wafe!" grounds for impeachment?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.

Offline bilo

Why shouldn't Trump have the same rights as any other defendant?

The entire process until now has been a sham. The defendant has had no due process. In the Senate it's time to re-establish the rights individuals are supposed to enjoy in this country. A defendant should be able to face his accuser. A defendant should be able to put on a defense that includes calling witnesses, who have to testify under oath.

If the Senate doesn't move for an immediate dismissal I'm looking to see Cirramelli, Schiff's staff, Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Bidens, and hopefully the fired Ukranian prosecutor all tesitifying. If the Rats want to bring in Mulvaney, Bolton, or any others so be it. The truth is withholding aid until certain conditions are met is not a crime.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why shouldn't Trump have the same rights as any other defendant?

The entire process until now has been a sham. The defendant has had no due process. In the Senate it's time to re-establish the rights individuals are supposed to enjoy in this country. A defendant should be able to face his accuser. A defendant should be able to put on a defense that includes calling witnesses, who have to testify under oath.

If the Senate doesn't move for an immediate dismissal I'm looking to see Cirramelli, Schiff's staff, Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Bidens, and hopefully the fired Ukranian prosecutor all tesitifying. If the Rats want to bring in Mulvaney, Bolton, or any others so be it. The truth is withholding aid until certain conditions are met is not a crime.

@bilo

May everything you wrote come true!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Keep in mind that the Senate still needs to agree on the procedures for the impeachment trial, including the calling of witnesses.   At best, if the GOP is able to call Ciaramella and Hunter Biden,  the Dems will be able to call Bolden, Mulvaney and Pompeo.   

Folks should be careful for what they wish for.   If 50 Senators agree that the impeachment is partisan and without foundation based on the "evidence" culled by the House,  then call for a motion to dismiss and let's get on with our lives.  Besides, the Durham report is coming . . .       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RetBobbyMI

Nothing will happen anyway as a motion to dismiss will be first order of business
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline bilo

Nothing will happen anyway as a motion to dismiss will be first order of business

Odds are you're right.

Offline libertybele

@Cyber Liberty   @libertybele

I may be wrong,but *I* think Lady Lindsey's goal is to do what he can to hinder Trump's election chances,without coming right out and challenging him. What she wants is for Trump to emerge from this so "damaged" he can't win,leaving Lady Lindsey in the black birds seat to accept the nomination.

Of all the things he is or might be,dumb ain't one of them.

Well, that may be, but my hunch is Lindsey had his hand in the cookie jar and doesn't want to get caught.  He gets things over and done with quickly in the Senate and no more worries for him. 

I think that perhaps the 'Turtle' may be feeling a little uncomfortable as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.