Author Topic: Biden denies childhood stutter to blame for verbal stumbles  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden denies childhood stutter to blame for verbal stumbles
« on: December 09, 2019, 01:06:54 am »
Biden denies childhood stutter to blame for verbal stumbles
by Emily Larsen
 | December 08, 2019 07:48 PM

Joe Biden asserted that his childhood stutter is not the source of his much-publicized verbal stumbles on the campaign trail.

“I don't think of myself as continuing to stutter," Biden said in an Axios on HBO interview that aired Sunday. "But apparently people will say occasionally say [in fact when] I'm tired, I'll go, I'll say, um, uh, and I'll find myself searching for a second."

A profile in the Atlantic's January/February issue, written by a journalist who also has a stutter, theorized that Biden's verbal missteps and odd phrases are the result of a stutter he never fully overcame.

Biden's misstating of names, phrases, and places have caused some to speculate that at 77, he may be too old to be president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-denies-childhood-stutter-to-blame-for-verbal-stumbles
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Biden denies childhood stutter to blame for verbal stumbles
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:18 am »
Too old to be president? Biden is too old to be a Walmart greeter...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:59:49 am »
A profile in the Atlantic's January/February issue, written by a journalist who also has a stutter, theorized that Biden's verbal missteps and odd phrases are the result of a stutter he never fully overcame.
How does having a stutter 70 years or so ago make him so stupid today? "Verbal missteps and odd phrases" is about as euphemistic a phrase for "saying really dumb stuff."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 02:14:42 am »
How does having a stutter 70 years or so ago make him so stupid today? "Verbal missteps and odd phrases" is about as euphemistic a phrase for "saying really dumb stuff."

Biden may or not have a stuttering issue, but he's also an idiot.  Maybe he had all the marbles before he got the plate in his head, but what matters is they're gone now.  He's just not sharp, I don't think he ever was, when I remember back to the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas days.  How frustrating it must have been for Thomas, having that mental midget stand in judgement of his career.

This blaming shit on stuttering is an insult to people who stutter.
  Like a Scientist I worked with for >20 years.  She's one of the greatest minds I've ever known, and it takes her a very long time to get anything out.  We all would just patiently wait for her, because whatever did come across was well worth the wait. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 02:21:23 am »
This blaming shit on stuttering is an insult to people who stutter.  Like a Scientist I worked with for >20 years.  She's one of the greatest minds I've ever known, and it takes her a very long time to get anything out.  We all would just patiently wait for her, because whatever did come across was well worth the wait. 

Exactly...my oldest son is a stutterer....he had years of speech therapy....he still stutters a little when he gets flustered...

Biden is a complete idiot...is this stutter story new?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 02:55:06 pm »
Exactly...my oldest son is a stutterer....he had years of speech therapy....he still stutters a little when he gets flustered...

Biden is a complete idiot...is this stutter story new?

I think it is.  My friend, who advocates for stutterers, has posted stories on Bookface about famous people, and the name Biden never came up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 03:21:57 pm »
I think it is.  My friend, who advocates for stutterers, has posted stories on Bookface about famous people, and the name Biden never came up.

Hopefully before long we'll all be saying bye-bye-Biden...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 03:28:37 pm »
Joe's being a Gaffe Machine has zip to do with any childhood stutter he may or may not have had.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 03:46:13 pm »
Hopefully before long we'll all be saying bye-bye-Biden...

OK, that made me LOL....
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 07:01:34 pm »

@mystery-ak

In truth,who DOESN'T stutter when they are frustrated and losing their cool?

I do,and I don't consider myself a stutterer. I do see it as a danger sign and try to cool down because with me,stuttering almost always leads to the "laying on of hands".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 07:07:25 pm »
Joe's being a Gaffe Machine has zip to do with any childhood stutter he may or may not have had.

@PeteS in CA

If Slow Joe ever had an original thought,it died of loneliness.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!