Author Topic: Nevada man's DNA changes after bone marrow transplant and is replaced by that of his German donor fo  (Read 576 times)

Offline corbe

Nevada man's DNA changes after bone marrow transplant and is replaced by that of his German donor following treatment for leukemia

By Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com

Published:  12:43 EST, 8 December 2019   | Updated:  13:05 EST

•Chris Long, from Reno, found that both his blood and semen had changed following treatment for acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
•He said it's 'pretty incredible that I can disappear and someone else can appear'
•Now his police colleagues are looking into how it might affect forensic work
•'We were kind of shocked that Chris was no longer present at all', an expert said
•Long found that all the DNA in his blood had changed months after his operation
•Four years later parts of his lips and cheeks also contained the DNA of his donor
•The change has made him a chimera, which means he has two sets of DNA

<..snip..>

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7769433/Nevada-mans-DNA-changes-bone-marrow-transplant-replaced-German-donor.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Nearly 23,000 bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplants were performed in the United States in 2017.

That's just in the United States for one year, and in all of these thousands of transplants this phenomenon hasn't been seen before, hasn't been documented? Sounds a little fishy to me, but hey it was in a British paper so it must be true..........right?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My family is happy that so many transplants can be done.

Unfortunately in 1990 when my younger brother needed one, there was no suitable matched doner. He died at age 37 from Leukemia.

And a few years later Rod Carew's teen daughter, also died with no doner match.

Organ and marrow transplants are saving livers.

Hurray for science.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln