Author Topic: 'I just wanted it all to be over': Katie Hill pens op-ed about contemplating suicide amid resignatio  (Read 480 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I just wanted it all to be over': Katie Hill pens op-ed about contemplating suicide amid resignation
by Ellie Bufkin
 | December 07, 2019 06:16 PM

Former California Rep. Katie Hill wrote an op-ed for the New York Times detailing the despair she felt in the days after her resignation from the House of Representatives.

Hill, 32, resigned in October following the revelation that she had been in a romantic relationship with a female campaign aide. Intimate photos of Hill with the woman were leaked to a conservative news outlet and shared widely across the internet. Hill was also accused of being in a romantic relationship with a male employee, a claim she has consistently denied.

A freshman congresswoman, Hill spent less than a full year in Congress before being ousted as she faced an investigation by the House Ethics Committee into the alleged affairs with staff. "My life was just like everyone’s worst nightmare," Hill wrote in the New York Times. "Millions of people had seen pictures of me naked. Hundreds of journalists, commentators, politicians and public figures had written or spoken about my 'downfall,' the 'choices' I made, the lessons young people should take from what happened to me, the impact it would have on politics moving forward, the responsibility I bore for all of it."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-just-wanted-it-all-to-be-over-katie-hill-pens-op-ed-about-contemplating-suicide-amid-resignation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

In the aftermath of her resignation, Hill described contemplating suicide. "I just wanted it all to be over," she said. "I got up and looked for the box cutter. I couldn’t find it. A part of my brain was saying: 'Stop it, this is stupid. You’re not going to do it.'"

I don't want anybody to kill themselves, Hill should go away.  She cheated on her husband, she broke House rules, and she lied about it when she got caught.  She should feel bad, and I don't buy for one minute she can't find anything sharp in her house.  Tell it to your shrink, quit the BS, shut up, and go away.  Your 15 minutes is up.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't want anybody to kill themselves, Hill should go away.  She cheated on her husband, she broke House rules, and she lied about it when she got caught.  She should feel bad, and I don't buy for one minute she can't find anything sharp in her house.  Tell it to your shrink, quit the BS, shut up, and go away.  Your 15 minutes is up.
Yup.

One brainless victim wannabe
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Girlfriend is angling for a book/movie deal.

What a sociopath. But I repeat myself, she is a Democrat.
The Republic is lost.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Just one more proven Democommie with ZERO CHARACTER.

I also do not wish someone terminate their life, but she did this to herself.  She is not a victim by any stretch, and in fact, she should be indicted, convicted and imprisoned for ten years.  It is self serving zero characters like this that make the USA a laughing stock throughout the world.

She contributes NOTHING to society.

Offline PeteS in CA

Stupidity has consequences. Playing victim will prolong those consequences if not become new stupidity with new consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is she a throuple threat.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.