Author Topic: Speaker Pelosi Declares a Coup Against President Trump  (Read 396 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Speaker Pelosi Declares a Coup Against President Trump
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:05:35 pm »
Speaker Pelosi Declares a Coup Against President Trump

By Frank Miele

Nancy Pelosi transparently announced a coup against President Trump on Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2019, a date which will live in political infamy.

There was never any doubt that the House of Representatives will vote on a strictly partisan basis to impeach the president, but it could not have been foreseen that Pelosi would frame that approaching act as a naked power grab.

Yet that is exactly what she did.

In opening her announcement to draft impeachment charges by quoting the Declaration of Independence, she acknowledged more plainly than ever before that she is taking a revolutionary act, that she is overthrowing the established order and that, in modern terms, she has launched a coup.

Consider the words she quoted:

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another ..."

This is either wildly inappropriate or a fundamental clue to the deeper meaning of the necessity of impeachment, as seen by the Democrats. These are not the words of an orderly transfer of power via legal means. They are a confession of the underlying intent of what has long been called "The Resistance" — and that is revolution, rebellion, the overthrow of an executive power that does not conform to the expectations of an aggrieved ruling class.

What we must ask now is just who are "the people" on both sides of this conflict? Pelosi implied that "one people" are dissolving their political bonds with "another," so who exactly are Pelosi and her like-minded revolutionaries declaring independence from? President Trump, the 63 million people who voted for him, the Republican Party or the authors of the Constitution itself?...

Excerpt: Much more at above link.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Speaker Pelosi Declares a Coup Against President Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 09:07:38 pm »
This is an extremely well thought out and written article. Well worth your time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 05:24:58 am »
Pelosi's Declaration of Resistance, FTA:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all politicians are created equal, but that some are more equal than others — that they are endowed by the Deep State with certain unalienable rights, that among these are power, wealth and the pursuit of reelection. That to secure these rights, dirty alliances are instituted among politicians, deriving their unjust powers from the oppression of the governed. That whenever any President becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the politicians to impeach him.”

I believe she really thinks this garbage.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 05:16:32 am »
That whenever any President becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the House of Representatives to impeach him.
Pushing President Tweety to one side (and fixing one phrase in the quote accordingly) . . . if it's aligned to the proper language of the Declaration that pronounces upon governments established to protect our rights, I can't see a damn thing wrong with that sentiment. 

I can think of presidents Republican and Democratic alike who should have been impeached but a) weren't; or, b) were, but escaped in a Senate trial (I mean you, Droopy Drawers Clinton) or by resigning. (I mean you, Mr. Nixon, who really aspired to the wrong office when all was said and done---you would have made one magnificent Secretary of State.)

Though I must admit, I'm more than a little amused when Mr. Miele writes . . .

[W]ho are "the people" on both sides of this conflict? Pelosi implied that "one people" are dissolving their political bonds with "another," so who exactly are Pelosi and her like-minded revolutionaries declaring independence from? President Trump, the 63 million people who voted for him, the Republican Party or the authors of the Constitution itself?

. . . because I'm not sure which is funnier, Mr. Miele assigning implicit supremacy to 19 percent of the population of the United States (yes, Mr. Thurber, we can look it up) or Nancy Pelousy declaring independence from 19 percent of the population of the U.S. (I think it's pretty safe to assume that Ms. Pelousy and President Tweety have in common a pronounced self-independence from the Constitution, when all is said and done. But I'd caution Ms. Pelousy further to be very careful what she wishes for. Unless she forgets---on the assumption she knows---that any president can be impeached by any House of Representatives, any time, if he or she fails to mind his or her Constitutional, ethical, or even political p's and q's, on the concurrent assumption that any House would have the stones to do so.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 06:10:46 am »
The problem with the Dems is that they think they can simply spin the words to paper over their contradction and hypocrisy, and the media will magnify it into a unstoppable political victory.

They see it as taking their big shot, but they don't realize the gun is pointed at their head.
The Republic is lost.