Author Topic: Ethiopia's Great Renaissance Dam: A catastrophe for Egypt?  (Read 385 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ethiopia's Great Renaissance Dam: A catastrophe for Egypt?
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:11:00 am »
Ethiopia's Great Renaissance Dam: A catastrophe for Egypt?
Amr Salahi

The irrigation ministers of Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan held talks in Cairo on Monday over Ethiopia's mega-dam project, which Egypt fears could deprive it of life-giving Nile water.

This was the second of a series of four meetings regarding the huge dam Ethiopia is building on the Blue Nile.

Ethiopia sees the Great Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) as a vital project for its future development. However, the dam will potentially reduce the amount of Nile water flowing to downstream Egypt.

Read more at: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2019/12/3/ethiopias-great-renaissance-dam-a-catastrophe-for-egypt

I have no doubt, that there is a dispute here. However, on the map, obviously Ethiopia and Sudan are to the South. So, I'm missing something. Also, one might remember, the term "Blue Nile" as labelled on the map, versus just plain "Nile". I don't see how what they build in Ethiopia interferes with Egypt. I don't think it is the equator in this case.