Author Topic: Case Closed: Ukrainian President Puts An End To “Quid Pro Quo” Claim Once And For All  (Read 556 times)

rangerrebew

Case Closed: Ukrainian President Puts An End To “Quid Pro Quo” Claim Once And For All

(Liberty Bell) – In a newly-released interview with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky, he never discussed any “quid pro quo” with President Donald Trump.

This is just the latest straightforward denial of the Ukranian president, who would have nothing to gain by defending the president, that there was anything unethical about his conversations with POTUS, in spite of the Democrats’ blindly confident accusations that the has committed an impeachable offense.

https://www.libertybell.com/case-closed-ukrainian-president-puts-an-end-to-quid-pro-quo-claim-once-and-for-all/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Interesting, because the WSJ reported this morning that, despite moves in the Ukrainian parliament to demand an investigation into Burisma corruption,  Zelensky is dragging his feet because he doesn't want to offend Democrats and jeopardize bipartisan aid to Ukraine.  Obviously,  the Dems have been talking to the Ukrainians about the future following the 2020 elections - Zelensky isn't operating in a vacuum here.   According to President Zelensky's advisor on U.S. affairs, "Burisma has become so political, that unlike other similar situations, upholding the rule of law has its costs."

So why is it that pressuring Ukraine to investigate corruption is an impeachable offense while pressuring Ukraine to ignore corruption is perfectly fine?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No!!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

'I Don’t Trust Anyone at All.' Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Speaks Out on Trump, Putin and a Divided Europe
https://time.com/5742108/ukraine-zelensky-interview-trump-putin-europe/
DECEMBER 2, 2019

...Speaking to reporters from TIME and three of Europe’s leading publications, the President explained that, despite getting caught up in the impeachment inquiry now unfolding in Washington, D.C., Ukraine still needs the support of the United States.

Otherwise his country does not stand much of a chance, Zelensky said, in its effort to get back the territory Russia seized from Ukraine in 2014, starting with the Crimean Peninsula. Nor can Ukraine rely on steady financial support from abroad if President Donald Trump and his allies continue to signal to the world that Ukraine is corrupt, Zelensky said. “When America says, for instance, that Ukraine is a corrupt country, that is the hardest of signals.”

During the interview in his office in Kyiv, the comedian-turned-president denied, as he has done in the past, that he and Trump ever discussed a decision to withhold American aid to Ukraine for nearly two months in the context of a quid pro quo involving political favors, which are now at the center of the impeachment inquiry in Congress.

ut he also pushed back on Trump’s recent claims about corruption in Ukraine, and questioned the fairness of Trump’s decision to freeze American aid. “If you’re our strategic partner, then you can’t go blocking anything for us,” he said. “I think that’s just about fairness. It’s not about a quid pro quo.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Interesting, because the WSJ reported this morning that, despite moves in the Ukrainian parliament to demand an investigation into Burisma corruption,  Zelensky is dragging his feet because he doesn't want to offend Democrats and jeopardize bipartisan aid to Ukraine.  Obviously,  the Dems have been talking to the Ukrainians about the future following the 2020 elections - Zelensky isn't operating in a vacuum here.   According to President Zelensky's advisor on U.S. affairs, "Burisma has become so political, that unlike other similar situations, upholding the rule of law has its costs."

So why is it that pressuring Ukraine to investigate corruption is an impeachable offense while pressuring Ukraine to ignore corruption is perfectly fine?

I dunno, but this is a serious slap in the face after the 2 most perfect calls in history.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
'I Don’t Trust Anyone at All.' Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Speaks Out on Trump, Putin and a Divided Europe
https://time.com/5742108/ukraine-zelensky-interview-trump-putin-europe/
DECEMBER 2, 2019

...Speaking to reporters from TIME and three of Europe’s leading publications, the President explained that, despite getting caught up in the impeachment inquiry now unfolding in Washington, D.C., Ukraine still needs the support of the United States.

Otherwise his country does not stand much of a chance, Zelensky said, in its effort to get back the territory Russia seized from Ukraine in 2014, starting with the Crimean Peninsula. Nor can Ukraine rely on steady financial support from abroad if President Donald Trump and his allies continue to signal to the world that Ukraine is corrupt, Zelensky said. “When America says, for instance, that Ukraine is a corrupt country, that is the hardest of signals.”

During the interview in his office in Kyiv, the comedian-turned-president denied, as he has done in the past, that he and Trump ever discussed a decision to withhold American aid to Ukraine for nearly two months in the context of a quid pro quo involving political favors, which are now at the center of the impeachment inquiry in Congress.

ut he also pushed back on Trump’s recent claims about corruption in Ukraine, and questioned the fairness of Trump’s decision to freeze American aid. “If you’re our strategic partner, then you can’t go blocking anything for us,” he said. “I think that’s just about fairness. It’s not about a quid pro quo.”...

I think he may be smart not to trust the U.S.  What about Viktor Shokin?  The prosecutor that Biden pressured Ukraine to fire.  Was he really a good guy?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.