Author Topic: Common Core: US Students Perform 4 Grade Levels Behind Chinese Students In Math  (Read 758 times)

rangerrebew

Common Core: US Students Perform 4 Grade Levels Behind Chinese Students In Math

December 4, 2019 Baxter Dmitry News, US 5

According to the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), which analyzed 79 countries and economies, representing about 32 million 15-year-olds, American students are performing four grade levels behind Chinese students in the critical study of mathematics.

Here is what US parents, teachers, corporate leaders, legislators, and anyone else who cares about education and the future of our children and country must know — our US scores show that our education system, dominated by Obama’s Common Core, is failing our youth.

https://newspunch.com/common-core-us-students-perform-4-grade-levels-behind-chinese-math/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't doubt that for an instant. Nobody hates the freaking Chinese more than I do,but nobody can deny they are willing to work hard or that they admire intelligence,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Been reading similar stories -- not necessarily that US kids are just behind the Chinese.  They are behind compared to the rest of the world.  They are just behind period.

Don't know how the Chinese or any  other country teaches math, but every time our schools try some newfangled approach to teaching math or anything else, the methods fail and the kids don't learn.  I told you all about my experience with "Modern Math" years ago.  What the hell is wrong with sticking with the tried and true methods of teaching?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm wondering how the performance scores would look if we considered ONLY the students in private and parochial schools -- not including ANY students from "public" schools...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm wondering how the performance scores would look if we considered ONLY the students in private and parochial schools -- not including ANY students from "public" schools...?

@Fishrrman

I would like to see that too,but I suspect the US students scores would be substantially higher. With the Parochial schools,anyhow. Seems to me that lots of private schools are nothing more than diploma mills where the children of the elite get to meet future marriage partners to expand their corporate base.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

They're probably that far behind in English, as well.

Offline libertybele

'Common Core' was something the Jeb pushed and the feds offered money to the states to adopt the system; so more corruption was born.

It doesn't surprise me that 'Common Core' is a failure.  As an example, under 'common core' it is now standard that 'cursive writing' isn't required to be taught in the early elementary years as it was deemed unnecessary as the norm now is to use the computer.

Computers are great for certain things, but they've also been a detriment to parts of our society.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.