Author Topic: Drudge Report competitor launched by Dan Bongino is now live  (Read 767 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Drudge Report competitor launched by Dan Bongino is now live
« on: December 04, 2019, 07:16:42 pm »
Yup, it's up and running: https://bonginoreport.com/  Will it refresh every minute?

Drudge Report competitor launched by Dan Bongino is now live
by Mike Brest  | December 04, 2019 01:45 PM

Conservative commentator and Fox News contributor Dan Bongino launched a news aggregation website to rival the Drudge Report on Wednesday.

Bongino, a former Secret Service agent, began teasing the Bongino Report last month. He has previously revealed on social media that the new media platform will feature "exclusively conservative and libertarian content." In promoting his new platform, Bongino accused Drudge of abandoning the conservative movement recently and added that he "never will."

Aside from the top headlines, the Bongino Report features six topic areas: Election 2020, The Impeachment Witch Hunt, Culture War, Economy, Immigration, and All The Rest.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/drudge-report-competitor-launched-by-dan-bongino-is-now-live

Offline Idiot

Re: Drudge Report competitor launched by Dan Bongino is now live
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:10:40 pm »
Yup, it's up and running: https://bonginoreport.com/  Will it refresh every minute?
Thank you!  Drudge is just unreadable now.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 08:26:38 pm »
Thank you!  Drudge is just unreadable now.

So right MPH
Cool ...checking it out now.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 08:32:39 pm »
Another one?

Look, Drudge has been around 20+ years, an icon of Web 1.0 that isn't going away any time soon unless he meets the same fate as his ex-collaborator Andrew Breitbart. I've seen countless competitors come and go. This one likely will, too.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:39:20 pm »
Another one?

Look, Drudge has been around 20+ years, an icon of Web 1.0 that isn't going away any time soon unless he meets the same fate as his ex-collaborator Andrew Breitbart. I've seen countless competitors come and go. This one likely will, too.

Underlining this though and what's different than in the past, is now, many say Drudge is not loyal to the cause, conservative cause or whatever. So, I don't know if you are aware of that.  Or they'd say not helpful to Trump.

I've probably paid less attention to Drudge, it probably is not as good as in the past. I'll have to look at Bongino's webpage, see how functional it is.

I've probably used bing news more lately anyway or many places. Drudge is but one more spot on the internet.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:32 pm »
Drudge was a daily stop for me until recently. It started freezing up my computer.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 09:24:31 pm »
So right MPH
Cool ...checking it out now.

Easy to navigate and not a single pop-up or bullshit link.

Screw Drudge. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 09:33:56 pm »
Twenty years is an eternity, in Internet cybertime.

There are so many alternatives. In 1998 Free Republic was a place, to discuss the daily news found on Drudge.

There are so many more places to visit, for similar pursuits.

There is more newws, and views, from more different sources.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 10:32:31 am »
Thank you.  I bookmarked it.  I haven't  been on Drudge for some time now.  Rumor is that he sold it.  It is now full of lefty bs, and bs creators instead of real news.  Sad.  I've wondered about Breitbart.  It is moving left to the point that I don't go there much anymore.  Good commenters, but the articles are no longer quality reads.  Again, sad if you're a Conservative.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 04:43:56 pm »
Thank you.  I bookmarked it.  I haven't  been on Drudge for some time now.  Rumor is that he sold it.  It is now full of lefty bs, and bs creators instead of real news.  Sad.  I've wondered about Breitbart.  It is moving left to the point that I don't go there much anymore.  Good commenters, but the articles are no longer quality reads.  Again, sad if you're a Conservative.
There's some truth to that.

A Google Cloud higher-up bought Drudge's father Bob's site Refdesk in 2017 and just this past summer took over Drudge's advertising account. Both the Drudges and the new investors have been very secretive of the business side of things. Certainly it's not the sole proprietorship it once was.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/drudge-report-ad-revenue

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 04:51:27 pm »

I've probably paid less attention to Drudge, it probably is not as good as in the past. I'll have to look at Bongino's webpage, see how functional it is.

@TomSea

Same here. I haven't visited the Drudge Report in years,but I have now bookmarked Bongino,and will keep check on it for a while to see what it does.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 04:53:21 pm »
There's some truth to that.

A Google Cloud higher-up bought Drudge's father Bob's site Refdesk in 2017 and just this past summer took over Drudge's advertising account.

@jmyrlefuller

Google boss? Nothing good can come from that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 06:13:34 pm »
My McAfee throws a warning on that page.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 08:16:48 pm »
Another one?

We shall see.  Bongino also has a column within 'Conservative Review' along with Levin and others.  I'm hoping this will stick.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 12:11:39 am »
We shall see.  Bongino also has a column within 'Conservative Review' along with Levin and others.  I'm hoping this will stick.
There was one called RightRead being operated by Joseph Curl, I think it was. Curl was a columnist for the Washington Times at the time. I went to check it out the other day. It's gone, redirecting to the Times Web site.

Honestly, I think big-name support and publicity may cause an initial boost, but that will taper off fast unless it proves that there's actually a desire for it.

The only "Drudge Report competitor" I can remember succeeding on a national scale was HuffPo, and that's because it wasn't actually a Drudge competitor at all. There've been a few that have done well regionally: Orbusmax did well for the Northwest until the owner died. The Dead Pelican is chugging along in Louisiana. Empire Report's doing really well in New York. Those filled niches.

In this age of social media, though, we have news fed and aggregated from so many directions. Drudge has a brand. Bongino does not. Not yet, anyway.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 12:18:43 am »
Whether it is true to a t or not, I think many think Drudge is being a bit of a Never-Trumper. Even here and perhaps some other forums, if one has a differing view on some matters per the Trump presidency, they may be in for it.

Sure and maybe Bongino doesn't have long term plans but just for the time immediately. I doubt if he's looking at this as some financial bonanza, just as an alternate.

We also had someone from an "alternative" to Drudge, I did read that regularly and somehow, lost track of it.

Hey, I hardly read Breitbart either but they are okay as far as that goes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:51:21 am by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 04:00:58 am »
Whatfinger is good....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dancer

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 10:49:42 am »
Whether it is true to a t or not, I think many think Drudge is being a bit of a Never-Trumper. Even here and perhaps some other forums, if one has a differing view on some matters per the Trump presidency, they may be in for it.

Sure and maybe Bongino doesn't have long term plans but just for the time immediately. I doubt if he's looking at this as some financial bonanza, just as an alternate.

We also had someone from an "alternative" to Drudge, I did read that regularly and somehow, lost track of it.

Hey, I hardly read Breitbart either but they are okay as far as that goes.
Take a look at the sources now aggregated on Drudge.  Mostly lefty sources.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 12:55:09 pm »
Added to my bookmarks. Thanks.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 01:36:06 am »
One site I find impeccable for reporting news accurately, and often before others is Canada Free Press.  The editor is right on target EVERY time.

1-2 months after Benghazzi, she did a detailed report on what happened.  It took American media almost one year to come out with the same level of details.