Author Topic: India farmer paints dog to look like tiger to protect coffee crop from monkeys: report  (Read 641 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.foxnews.com/world/india-farmer-paints-dog-tiger-monkeys

India farmer paints dog to look like tiger to protect coffee crop from monkeys: report

Monkeys in India apparently can’t tell a tiger from a dog made to look like a tiger -- or at least that is what one farmer claims.

The farmer, identified as Srikanth Gowda, said he has been able to protect his coffee crop from monkeys by painting his pet dog Bulbul with black stripes, an Indian news outlet reports.

:silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whatever works! Ingenious repurposing of his dog, and likely easier on the locals than a real tiger would be.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This must not be the coffee beans that they collect from the Monkey poop. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

IIRC, that comes from Indonesia.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
IIRC, that comes from Indonesia.

Could be.  I remember reading about coffee made from monkey shit back when.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The poor dog doesn't make a very convincing tiger.
Will he put one over on the primates?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Could be.  I remember reading about coffee made from monkey shit back when.

Me too. And it’s very very expensive
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Me too. And it’s very very expensive

Basically, my understanding is that monkeys eat the beans, which pass through their alimentary canal undigested. Then people gather the feces and separate out the beans (insert "crappy job" jokes here).

Offline Smokin Joe

IIRC, that's from civets, not monkeys.

Seems like that would decafinate them a bit, which defeats the purpose, AFAIAC.

But the real ones were selling for huge money (a fool and theirs being soon parted).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

I've asked people if they want a cup of coffee or a placebo...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

IIRC, that's from civets, not monkeys.

But the real ones were selling for huge money (a fool and theirs being soon parted).

IMO, there are two kinds of coffee, "Regular" and "What's the point?"

Offline Smokin Joe

IMO, there are two kinds of coffee, "Regular" and "What's the point?"
The point is that the coffee snobs will pay $200 a lb and more for the cat crap coffee.
If you're a seller, that's a point, whether the coffee has ever been near a cat.

(fools and their money, etc.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:58:16 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Musang Pandan - Asian palm civet - YouTube

Kopi Luwak
Kopi luwak, or civet coffee, is coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet. Fermentation occurs as the cherries pass through a civet's intestines, and after being defecated with other fecal matter, they are collected.

~$140 - $150 per pound.

The big question for me is, 'How would you know?' They could simply be selling Folgers in a fancy package.
I don't have the taste buds to be able to tell the difference. I suppose maybe some people do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

Musang Pandan - Asian palm civet - YouTube

Kopi Luwak
Kopi luwak, or civet coffee, is coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet. Fermentation occurs as the cherries pass through a civet's intestines, and after being defecated with other fecal matter, they are collected.

~$140 - $150 per pound.

The big question for me is, 'How would you know?' They could simply be selling Folgers in a fancy package.
I don't have the taste buds to be able to tell the difference. I suppose maybe some people do.
More mundane Sumatran coffee has a rich, earthy, flavor and very low acid.

It's definitely different from the stuff you get at Mickey D's or starbux.

C S Lewis