Author Topic: Texas prison becomes ICE Detention Center  (Read 716 times)

rangerrebew

Texas prison becomes ICE Detention Center
« on: December 04, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »

I.C.E. News Releases

ENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL

12/03/2019

ICE Dallas office opening its newest detention facility in West Texas

ANSON, Texas — The field office director (FOD) for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) for Dallas, Texas, is announcing a new ICE detention facility that’s officially opening during the week of Dec. 9.

FOD Marc J. Moore explained that the new ICE facility was actually built in 2010 by the state of Texas to house inmates for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. However, the facility has never been used.

“This Bluebonnet Detention Center acts as a win-win for the state and federal governments” said Moore. ICE needed additional high-quality bed space to accommodate the huge influx of Central Americans who arrived at the U.S. Southern border this year. And Jones County, Texas, now has its nine-year building investment finally put to good use.” Moore oversees ERO operations in 128 counties in North Texas and the state of Oklahoma.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-dallas-office-opening-its-newest-detention-facility-west-texas

Fixed url - PeteS in CA
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:17:46 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Texas prison becomes ICE Detention Center
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 06:19:34 pm »
@rangerrebew

The link does not work.

@thackney, I fixed it, the second one today ... like I said in the other thread, I usually fix 2-4 urls in this forum daily.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 06:20:40 pm »
@thackney, I fixed it, the second one today ... like I said in the other thread, I usually fix 2-4 urls in this forum daily.

Mostly new members who haven't learned to correctly post a thread I suppose...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »

wink777
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 06:59:10 pm »

Okay, now that was funny right there I don't care if you are Rangebrew   :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 07:03:19 pm »
YAY !!!   Finally !!!  I have long argued that there is plenty of prison space out there, and that we shouldn't ever be releasing illegal border crossers.  btw, we have a entire federal prison here in Atlanta that isn't being used right now.  Fill 'er up!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 07:05:26 pm »
YAY !!!   Finally !!!  I have long argued that there is plenty of prison space out there, and that we shouldn't ever be releasing illegal border crossers.  btw, we have a entire federal prison here in Atlanta that isn't being used right now.  Fill 'er up!

I think there is an empty one near Thompson IL too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 08:56:14 pm »
For repeat illegal-enterers, howzabout the Farallon Islands?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 01:48:38 am »
For repeat illegal-enterers, howzabout the Farallon Islands?

Well, they could always reopen Alcatraz.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:34:39 pm by PeteS in CA »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 02:42:53 pm »

I.C.E. News Releases

ENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL

12/03/2019

ICE Dallas office opening its newest detention facility in West Texas

ANSON, Texas — The field office director (FOD) for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) for Dallas, Texas, is announcing a new ICE detention facility that’s officially opening during the week of Dec. 9.

FOD Marc J. Moore explained that the new ICE facility was actually built in 2010 by the state of Texas to house inmates for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. However, the facility has never been used.

“This Bluebonnet Detention Center acts as a win-win for the state and federal governments” said Moore. ICE needed additional high-quality bed space to accommodate the huge influx of Central Americans who arrived at the U.S. Southern border this year. And Jones County, Texas, now has its nine-year building investment finally put to good use.” Moore oversees ERO operations in 128 counties in North Texas and the state of Oklahoma.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-dallas-office-opening-its-newest-detention-facility-west-texas

Fixed url - PeteS in CA
This will be great for the citizens of Jones County who had to fund this white elephant, which has NEVER BEEN USED in all of these years. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 03:35:04 pm »
Well, they could always reopen Alcatraz.  :whistle:

Too close to land and not enough great white sharks in the surrounding waters.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 04:43:52 pm »
How about Siberian gulags?  We could contract with Russia to house our detainees at half the cost of housing them here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-