Author Topic: Trump plan will remove 750,000 from food stamp rolls  (Read 878 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump plan will remove 750,000 from food stamp rolls
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:50:22 pm »
Libtard heads are exploding and the talking heads are spinning it: Trump plan will starve the childern.

As many as 750,000 will be cut off from food stamps under a new regulation set to be announced Wednesday.

The change will make it harder for states to receive waivers for requirements that certain able-bodied adults work or be enrolled in vocational training programs in order to receive benefits, Bloomberg reported.

Currently, states can request a waiver for work requirements for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, if an area’s unemployment rate is at least 20 percent above the national rate. The national unemployment rate in October was 3.6 percent. Alabama’s preliminary unemployment rate for October was 2.8 percent.

As of August, 36.4 million Americans, including 721,299 Alabamians, receive food stamps.

Alabama currently doesn’t have any waivers in place.

Without the waiver, all SNAP recipients ages 18 to 49 who aren’t disabled or raising minor children are required to work at least part-time. Able-bodied adult SNAP recipients who don’t work are limited to three months of benefits within a three-year time frame.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/12/trump-plan-will-remove-750000-from-food-stamp-rolls.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Re: Trump plan will remove 750,000 from food stamp rolls
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 04:46:51 pm »
Them that don't work don't eat.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 06:30:24 pm »
Good.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kidd

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 08:06:38 pm »
<750,000 cut out of 36.4 million food stamp recipients.

That's only 2%.

America is now at full employment.
Charity should go to those who really need it.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:50:21 am »

That's only 2%.

Still it is a start. Much better than Obozo going the other way.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 02:41:53 pm »
Biden Supported Welfare Work Requirements in 1996, Now Calls Them ‘Morally Bankrupt’
Biden in 1996: 'The culture of welfare must be replaced with the culture of work'
Charles Fain Lehman - December 6, 2019 5:35 PM

Former vice president Joe Biden on Friday called the Trump administration "morally bankrupt" for its expansion of work requirements for food stamps, even though the former vice president was a self-proclaimed architect of America's work for welfare regime.

Responding to news that an estimated 700,000 Americans could be removed from welfare rolls by a recently announced federal rule, Biden took to Twitter to say, "This administration is morally bankrupt." He joined dozens of other Democrats who have expressed outrage at the change, which is meant to reduce SNAP rolls which swelled after the Great Recession.  ...
More at Free Beacon

As Joe might say to someone attending his rallies, "C'mon, man!"

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 03:20:23 pm »
More at Free Beacon

As Joe might say to someone attending his rallies, "C'mon, man!"
Liz Warren uses the same line when talking about the pot of money that is always there.

http://youtu.be/X7PsSTivy1E
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 07:15:32 pm »
This should be celebrated by everyone as it symbolizes a solid economy.

There is no downside.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 08:18:52 pm »
This should be celebrated by everyone as it symbolizes a solid economy.

There is no downside.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
I don't mind making sure people eat when they truly need it. The food stamps and local food pantries should take care of that.

That being said...there are a lot of people that abuse this program. I had a neighbor that died and her son and wife moved here from another state to live in her house.  They immediately applied for food stamps and got them. Maybe more assistance, I don't know. Both were able bodied relatively young people and able to work. Those folks and folks like them need to be kicked out of the program.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 09:18:29 pm »
Elected respresentatives vote the programs in, then pass to unelected bureaucrats, the authorization to establish rules.

The jobs of the unelected, depends on plenty of customers.

For decades the rolls have grown with little inerest in cutting back, instead. The current cutbacks are the first in my memory, which spans Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and BushII.

This President is enacting some measures, that others only talked about.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:30 pm »
I don't mind making sure people eat when they truly need it. The food stamps and local food pantries should take care of that.

That being said...there are a lot of people that abuse this program.
I suspect we've all seen people in the checkout lines buying non-essential stuff with food stamps. I saw a guy buying potato chips and jarred pimentos on one occasion. On another, it was a fellow in his 20s buying a huge pile of candy. Why the heck do food stamps/SNAP/EBT/whatever it's called now pay for such nonsense?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 10:12:34 pm »
Libtard heads are exploding and the talking heads are spinning it: Trump plan will starve the childern.

As many as 750,000 will be cut off from food stamps under a new regulation set to be announced Wednesday.

@The Ghost

I like it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 10:14:37 pm »

That's only 2%.

@kidd

I agree,and we already have a system in place that exempts organized religions from having to pay taxes because they are the ones who are SUPPOSED to be feeding and clothing the needy to start with,not buying ocean front property and tv stations.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 10:14:52 pm »
They could cut even more if they simply stopped giving out food stamps to fat people.  Make them means tested.  If you are overweight, then you are already getting enough food.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 10:27:18 pm »
Trump plan will starve the childern. @The Ghost

Maybe the wormens will survive. To breed another day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 10:35:45 pm »
I agree,and we already have a system in place that exempts organized religions from having to pay taxes because they are the ones who are SUPPOSED to be feeding and clothing the needy to start with,not buying ocean front property and tv stations.

I agree. There are churches that do, but they are usually low key and of course not wealthy, and don't get much notoreity, and are often attacked.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 10:56:43 pm »
I agree. There are churches that do, but they are usually low key and of course not wealthy, and don't get much notoreity, and are often attacked.

@Free Vulcan

I agree with all that,and will add that it is a shame they get slammed for what the "designer churches" do,while they quietly go about their business and acting responsibly.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »
NIce job Mr. President. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 04:24:20 am »
I suspect we've all seen people in the checkout lines buying non-essential stuff with food stamps. I saw a guy buying potato chips and jarred pimentos on one occasion. On another, it was a fellow in his 20s buying a huge pile of candy. Why the heck do food stamps/SNAP/EBT/whatever it's called now pay for such nonsense?
I used to work at a local Convenience store back in the day when they gave our paper food stamps once or twice a week a kid I graduated with would come in and buy half a dozen eggs or a quart of milk and pay with $5 "stamp" then use the cash change to buy cigarettes. P!$$ED me off no end. I was busting my ass working almost full time going to school full time and this little shit sat on his @$$ nd go free cigarettes that I paid for.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2019, 04:57:55 am »
I used to work at a local Convenience store back in the day when they gave our paper food stamps once or twice a week a kid I graduated with would come in and buy half a dozen eggs or a quart of milk and pay with $5 "stamp" then use the cash change to buy cigarettes. P!$$ED me off no end. I was busting my ass working almost full time going to school full time and this little shit sat on his @$$ nd go free cigarettes that I paid for.
@verga

Back in the 70's I live in a Mexican neighborhood in Denver,and it was a common practice to see junkies and drunks of all ages out in the parking lot of the local supermarket,selling their Food Stamps at a discount for drug/alcohol money. It was so common the off-duty Denver cops that worked store security just ignored it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2019, 05:56:21 pm »

Back in high school, I had a friend who worked at IGA.  One day, a woman came in wanting to buy a bag of dog food with food stamps.  The store manager explained to her that he could not legally allow this because dog food was not on the eligible list of purchases.  So the woman retreated to put the dog food back to the shelf and then returned with a large package of hamburger.  She told the manager, "That's OK.  My dog likes hamburger better anyway."

This was during the malaise of the Carter years when beef in any form was considered a luxury.  But most families I knew wouldn't dream of getting on public assistance either.  We simply helped each other out like our Founding Fathers intended.  FDR and LBJ put Democrats on the path of destroying that.  The Freedom that our Founding Fathers secured has slowly been replaced by the Slavery of government checks and debit cards.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-