Author Topic: Collins goes after ‘pandering’ law professors for ‘malpractice,’ smug anti-Trumper is ‘insulted’  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins goes after ‘pandering’ law professors for ‘malpractice,’ smug anti-Trumper is ‘insulted’
December 4, 2019 | Zachary Leeman

Pamela Karlan, a pro-impeachment law professor at Stanford Law School, was triggered by Rep. Doug Collins during Wednesday’s impeachment inquiry hearing. Collins blasted leftist law professors called to testify for “pandering” to cameras and even committing “malpractice.”

In his opening statements, Collins called out the bias of law professors being called to testify before the House Judiciary Committee.

“America will see why most people don’t go to law school. No offense to our professors,” Collins said. “But please, really, we’re bringing you in here today to testify on stuff most of you have already written about, all four, for the opinions that we already know out of the classrooms that maybe you’re getting ready for finals in, to discuss things that you probably haven’t had a chance — unless you’re really good on TV of watching the hearings over the last couple of weeks, you couldn’t have possibly actually digested the Adam Schiff report from yesterday or the Republican response in any real way.”

Collins criticized the ongoing impeachment inquiry, saying the “facts have not changed” and the new hearings are “the same sad story.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/12/04/collins-goes-after-pandering-law-professors-for-malpractice-smug-anti-trumper-is-insulted-860519
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I thought the law professors would give a very somber, neutral-seeming presentation of what they would characterize as law.

I am surprised that they spoke so severely and stridently and launched right into stating conclusions, applying the law to the facts, and expressing these conclusions in a tone I'm used to seeing in the movies, where hammy actors argue to a jury.

I thought — as I said 2 posts down — the idea would be for the 3 law professors called by the Democrats to provide cover for the Democrats by performing the theater of making everything sound like law and not politics and by speaking in a tone that would feel academic and sadly, grimly inevitable.

But they came on so strong, righteously angry and in an exaggerated tone, making assertions that the things Trump did are impeachable. They did not work to establish our confidence that they were operating in a scholarly zone that was truly their expertise. They did not give us reason to believe we should listen to them as expert witnesses.

What an awful display! ... The first 2 witnesses — Noah Feldman and Pam Karlan — scolded and yelled. Michael Gerhardt was a bit milder, but he mumbled and stumbled, and I couldn't believe he brought up the musical "Hamilton."

Ann Althouse is a retired law professor, so she has some experience with genus Professorius Legalis. Beep! Beep!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.