Author Topic: NY Times: Abolish Immigration Prisons  (Read 448 times)

rangerrebew

NY Times: Abolish Immigration Prisons
« on: December 03, 2019, 02:36:27 pm »
Abolish Immigration Prisons

We should shut down these institutions, end the suffering they cause and redirect the money.

By César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández

Near Denver, migrants are locked inside a prison tucked into an industrial quarter. To the southwest, in the vast space between Phoenix and Tucson, they are surrounded by barbed wire in facilities that seem to rise right out of the Sonoran Desert.

Imprisoning migrants this way is lucrative for prison corporations and politicians, and it’s common. But the United States hasn’t always embraced the idea. In 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower’s attorney general, Herbert Brownell Jr., announced a decision to shut down major immigration detention centers along both coasts, including Ellis Island. While the policy didn’t abolish immigration imprisonment, it came close. A few years later, the Supreme Court declared this a sign of “an enlightened civilization.”

https://www.teaparty247.org/feminists-attack-pro-life-doctors-cruel-and-inhumane-attempts-to-help-women-save-their-unborn-babies/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: NY Times: Abolish Immigration Prisons
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:37:32 pm »
How about we just abolish the NY Times instead?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 02:38:34 pm »
How about...hell no!

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »
the policy didn’t abolish immigration imprisonment, it came close. A few years later, the Supreme Court declared this a sign of “an enlightened civilization.”

The Supreme Court also once said blacks had no rights a white man was bound to respect in it's Dred Scott decision.  The court does not consist of nine emissaries from God. :judge:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 02:43:16 pm »
I would never question the opinion of a man with such an impressive name. Especially on the issue of illegal immigration.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 03:04:39 pm »
I would never question the opinion of a man with such an impressive name. Especially on the issue of illegal immigration.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien