Author Topic: WHAT WINTER WAS LIKE THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Applewood

WHAT WINTER WAS LIKE THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:34:20 pm »
I thought you all might be interested in this little slideshow from MSN depicting unusual winter weather events throughout the years.  Contrary to what the climate change hoaxers say, we have had extreme cold and snow years ago.  We even had a few unusually mild winters over the years.  An unusually cold winter or an exceptionally mild winter is not a new phenomenon.  It's not climate change or globull warming.   It's weather. people!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/what-winter-was-like-the-year-you-were-born/ss-AAFwKGi?ocid=spartandhp#image=96

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: WHAT WINTER WAS LIKE THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:19:56 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »
Very poorly constructed web page.  There is no way to find the "year of your birth" without taking an hour to watch the pages of other years load.  Not worth the click.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 04:31:36 pm »
The worst Thanksgiving weather of all time around here was in 1950 (before my time).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 05:05:14 pm »
Very poorly constructed web page.  There is no way to find the "year of your birth" without taking an hour to watch the pages of other years load.  Not worth the click.

MSN has a lot of similar stuff like this -- best tacos by state, nicest city in each state and so on.  I should have warned everyone to click through only if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Just thought people would like to have something like this for when your relatives and friends try to tell you we've never had weather like this.  Uhhhh.  Yeah we did.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 06:00:43 pm »
100 images. last image is 2018 subtract your age from 100 and viloa you got it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/what-winter-was-like-the-year-you-were-born/ss-AAFwKGi?ocid=spartandhp&fullscreen=true#image=41

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:41:45 pm »
Winter 48-49 Houston, Texas

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 05:53:14 am »
Winter 48-49 Houston, Texas

@Texas Yellow Rose

Oops! I've been telling a lie all my life. I've said that I was 13 when I first saw snow. (Valentine's Day weekend 1960) In my defense, though, I was far too young to remember this one. I do remember when we had a white Christmas for the first time on record in 2004. A Christmas miracle here on the Texas Gulf Coast!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

• Native Texan
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 10:08:05 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Oops! I've been telling a lie all my life. I've said that I was 13 when I first saw snow. (Valentine's Day weekend 1960) In my defense, though, I was far too young to remember this one. I do remember when we had a white Christmas for the first time on record in 2004. A Christmas miracle here on the Texas Gulf Coast!

In 1960 I lived in Pasadena, TX and was absolutely in heaven with all the baby boomers building snowmen all over the neighborhood.  The only thing that could have topped it was snow on Christmas Day which I saw twice. (once in North Texas and then 2004)  I think I smiled all day!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
2004 was neat.
2 years ago, too!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 09:53:20 pm »
In 1960 I lived in Pasadena, TX and was absolutely in heaven with all the baby boomers building snowmen all over the neighborhood.  The only thing that could have topped it was snow on Christmas Day which I saw twice. (once in North Texas and then 2004)  I think I smiled all day!

Our neighborhood was like yours -- abuzz with activity. One kid used all the snow in his yard plus some of the neighbors' yards to build a 12-foot snowman! Everyone was excited, even the adults. But not my daddy who turned into a fuddy-duddy that day. In my young mind, I couldn't imagine that anyone wouldn't be thrilled to wake up to a blanket of snow covering the ground. His excuse: he grew up where they had to deal with snow every winter and didn't care if he ever saw a snowflake again.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
2004 was neat.
2 years ago, too!

@GrouchoTex

I don't think it snowed where I live 2 years ago. The last time I remember it covering the ground and lasting for any amount of time was in 2004. I even made a snowman that year. It was only about 10 inches tall, but it was a still a snowman. Kinda destroys the narrative that everything's bigger in Texas, huh?

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 10:11:32 pm »
The day I was born there was a low temperature of 39 and a high of 49.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 03:02:00 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Kinda destroys the narrative that everything's bigger in Texas, huh?

Shhh! don't tell anybody....

I think it snowed again in 2008?
It was a Friday in early December, and I was working in Stafford then.
It was coming down pretty good when I went home for lunch, just four miles away in Sugar Land.
It stayed over night, melted early the next day.
I had pictures on my phone of it covering the backyard, but that was a phone I don't have anymore.

• Native Texan
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 12:56:29 am »
Our neighborhood was like yours -- abuzz with activity. One kid used all the snow in his yard plus some of the neighbors' yards to build a 12-foot snowman!

That happened in my neighborhood too.  The boys down the street built a snowman around the telephone pole.  I was just in awe of it!