Author Topic: Big money investors predict Trump will ride strong US economy to 2020 victory  (Read 704 times)

Online libertybele

Big money investors predict Trump will ride strong US economy to 2020 victory

Big money investors believe President Trump will ride the strong U.S. economy to a 2020 election win. Most people on Wall Street “would probably say that the chances are pretty good that he’ll get reelected,” David Rubenstein, co-founder of the private-equity firm The Carlyle Group, which has $201 billion in assets under management, told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto. Trump is "obsessed with making certain the economy stays strong,” he said.

The U.S. economy flexed its muscle Friday, with the Labor Department's monthly jobs report showed unemployment at a 50-year low of 3.5 percent. Consumer sentiment hit its highest level in a year, as the upper class reaped near-record gains in household wealth.

“After a number like we got today, that non-farm payroll number of 266,000 and the fact that the Democrats, I think, are going to fail in their impeachment gambit, Trump's the favorite,” Greg Valliere, chief U.S. policy strategist at Ontario, Canada-based AGF Investments, which has nearly $39.5 billion, told FOX Business. He noted that the markets look at the Las Vegas oddsmakers and the London bookies, which both point to a Trump victory..............

.............While the market may have some doubts about Trump, there's no disputing the results. The benchmark S&P 500 has rallied 47 percent since Trump trounced Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in the electoral college in November 2016. The index has gained more than 25 percent this year alone, despite the U.S. House of Representatives forging ahead with impeachment proceedings............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/trump-economy-2020-election-win-big-money-investors
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm thinking that the stock market is gonna take a tumble as a result of the coming tumult of impeachment.

I'd enjoy being wrong about that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I'm thinking that the stock market is gonna take a tumble as a result of the coming tumult of impeachment.

I'd enjoy being wrong about that.

Market is due a correction, just from the weight of over-value.  The last time I can remember there not being a good investment opportunity in any facet of finance,...  i.e stocks, bonds, REITs, etc. was back in the late '90's.  We all know what happened then. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Market is due a correction, just from the weight of over-value.  The last time I can remember there not being a good investment opportunity in any facet of finance,...  i.e stocks, bonds, REITs, etc. was back in the late '90's.  We all know what happened then.

The market has taken a tumble here and there but not a true correction lately.  As for a 'good investment', if you are talking safety, without risk, there is no such investment.  I am no expert but I would recommend dividend stocks, diversify, hold some physical gold and silver, have some cash, purchase actual real estate if you can afford to, and hold very little debt.

I can remember back in the early '80's interest rates were sky high and you could purchase a CD and get a good interest rate, but also consider at that time there were balloon mortgages because interest rates were so high and few could afford to purchase a home.  I bought my first car at that time.  Even though I had over 50% to put down my Dad still had to co-sign for me and my car loan had an interest rate over 21%.

I'm not so worried about things should Trump get re-elected.  I do see a huge market tumble when the DEMS take over and we'll see a Carter economy like I described in the early '80's.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:40:29 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

...you could purchase a CD and get a good interest rate...

When the inflation rate was 13~14%, it only seemed good, but not really.

https://inflationdata.com/articles/inflation-cpi-consumer-price-index-1980-1989/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The market has taken a tumble here and there but not a true correction lately.  As for a 'good investment', if you are talking safety, without risk, there is no such investment.  I am no expert but I would recommend dividend stocks, diversify, hold some physical gold and silver, have some cash, purchase actual real estate if you can afford to, and hold very little debt.

I can remember back in the early '80's interest rates were sky high and you could purchase a CD and get a good interest rate, but also consider at that time there were balloon mortgages because interest rates were so high and few could afford to purchase a home.  I bought my first car at that time.  Even though I had over 50% to put down my Dad still had to co-sign for me and my car loan had an interest rate over 21%.

I'm not so worried about things should Trump get re-elected.  I do see a huge market tumble when the DEMS take over and we'll see a Carter economy like I described in the early '80's.

As an experienced seasoned investor, I can say that the best course of action is to conduct a risk/reward analysis of all investments versus return.  Spread the portfolio over a diverse area, and adjust to market condtions. 

When asked I share....
* One very good rule of thumb that my father shared is that 100- Age = Percentage of your portfolio in equities. 
* Another one of my favorite strategies is also to buy tax free muni's on short term rate bumps. 
* You also got to obsess with tracking and adjusting.  Since 1993, I have average an annual Net Worth increase of 13.34%
* Treat every dollar you own as it being competitively bid for when spending.  Meaning getting upmost value for every penny.
* After every major correction, I go bargain hunting.  My own system is ratio P/E Ratios and dividend yield.  When comparing a group for investing, take the lowest PE's  and divide by Divy.  I typically will go with the highest number.
* I often will invest in companies of products that I like, and seem to have a long term strategy for sustainability
* Don't Day Trade.  Timing Short Term market trends are like throwing dice.  I have yet to meet anyone with that strategy who has matched my results.
* Outside a few exceptions (AAPL, MSFT), I avoid Tech stocks like the plague. If I was younger, I may be more adventurous.  Just too much down side risk for equities that don't have profits to meet the inflated market cap.   This strategy served me well in '00 crash.  I had zero in dot coms.

I do want to reinterate that investing is with risk.  Along with some Home Runs, I have hit some duds in the past.  (Check what has happened to Chicago Bridge, and Iron in the past 5 years).  Please do your homework, and know the risks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.