Author Topic: President Jimmy Carter admitted to hospital over weekend for urinary tract infection  (Read 510 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
WASHINGTON – President Jimmy Carter was admitted to the hospital with a urinary tract infection.

Just last week, Carter, 95, was released from the hospital after undergoing surgery earlier in November to relieve pressure on his brain caused by bleeding related to recent falls. The most recent fall occurred Oct. 21 at his home when he suffered a minor pelvic fracture.

Carter, who served as president for one term from 1977 to 1981 and is now the longest-living former president, has been an active volunteer and philanthropist in his post-presidential life.

Carter was admitted to the Phoebe Sumter Medical Center this past weekend, a spokesperson said. "He is feeling better and looks forward to returning home soon."

This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/02/president-jimmy-carter-admitted-hospital-infection/2591465001/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Gee, it’s been a bad couple of months for the former president. I hope he gets well quickly.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

Why is he not in a Cuban hospital?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The SOB will prolly out live the Notorious RBG
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Gee, it’s been a bad couple of months for the former president. I hope he gets well quickly.

I do too.  I thought Carter was our worst president till recently, but that doesn't mean I'm hoping for his demise.

UTIs are generally not that serious, but I guess at his age and given his numerous health problems recently, I suppose it was prudent to have him admitted. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Gefn

He's 95. He might as well just go ahead and move into a hospital and be done with it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The SOB will prolly out live the Notorious RBG

@The Ghost

Ruthie may end up outliving the children born today.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

I wish both Ruthie and Jimmy a very joyous and wonderful Holiday season! Prayers up for both of them and their families.

:tree3: :tree3: 7777sleigh 7777sleigh ***menorah ***menorah :happyny: :happyny:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.