Author Topic: Obama's White House counsel says Trump is 'worst nightmare' of Founding Fathers  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's White House counsel says Trump is 'worst nightmare' of Founding Fathers
by John Gage
 | December 02, 2019 12:04 PM

Robert Bauer, the former White House counsel for Barack Obama, called President Trump "the demagogue" that the Founding Fathers "feared" and warned about.

"The founders feared the demagogue, who figures prominently in the Federalist Papers as the politician who, possessing 'perverted ambition,' pursues relentless self-aggrandizement 'by the confusions of their country,"' Bauer wrote in a Monday column for the New York Times titled "Trump Is the Founders’ Worst Nightmare." "The last of the papers, Federalist No. 85, linked demagogy to its threat to the constitutional order — to the 'despotism' that may be expected from the 'victorious demagogue.' This 'despotism' is achieved through systematic lying to the public, vilification of the opposition and, as James Fenimore Cooper wrote in an essay on demagogues, a claimed right to disregard 'the Constitution and the laws' in pursuing what the demagogue judges to be the 'interests of the people.'"

The former White House counsel issued his warning about Trump as House Democrats are preparing to start another round of public impeachment hearings. The 67-year-old lawyer pointed to Republican defenses of the president during the impeachment hearings as an example of Trumpian demagoguery.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/obamas-white-house-counsel-says-trump-is-worst-nightmare-of-founding-fathers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am Shocked.  A Deep Stater fears for the deep state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am Shocked.  A Deep Stater fears for the deep state.
Somehow I think a Black Muslim Communist would be the worst nightmare the Founding Fathers could ever imagine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd say he is EXACTLY what they wanted for President. They didn't see politics as a profession.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Says the president who called the Constitution a ‘negative charter of rights’ and promised to fundamentally transform America.

Offline Hoodat

"The Warren Court wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution... I intend to succeed where they failed."

-Baraq Obama-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Somehow I think a Black Muslim Communist would be the worst nightmare the Founding Fathers could ever imagine.
Needless to say, they never could have imagined such a thing. I still have a hard time believing it.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Needless to say, they never could have imagined such a thing. I still have a hard time believing it.  **nononono*
iran is certainly happy about it. 100 billion times happy!
They are planning to erect a solid gold statue of Obama and Jarrett in Tehran.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I hope alll of these esteemed academics and career governmentalists tone down their writing and speech to the level where even unwashed Trump cult followers can  understand.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Why should anyone give a flying flip what Obama's white house counsel says about anything?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.