Author Topic: Pilot of flight from Israel that causes UK scare: I nearly ‘had a heart attack’  (Read 274 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Honestly, there was a sonic boom over London today. What happened?

Pilot of flight from Israel that causes UK scare: I nearly ‘had a heart attack’

Captain details how his flight briefly lost radio contact over Britain and his surprise to see two fighters outside his window; sonic booms from jets cause panic in London
By TOI STAFF
Today

The incident caused Royal Air Force jets to be scrambled towards the silent aircraft, setting off a sonic boom that sounded throughout London early in the morning, frightening residents.

The pilot of a Boeing 767 plane flying from Israel to the United States that caused a scare in the United Kingdom early Sunday, has described how it went unresponsive and his shock at seeing two fighter jets flying closely alongside.

The incident caused Royal Air Force jets to be scrambled towards the silent aircraft, setting off a sonic boom that sounded throughout London early in the morning, frightening residents.

“It took us about 10 minutes to realize that the radio wasn’t working and then about 10 minutes to resolve that problem,” pilot Steven Giordano told the BBC.

Read more: 
https://www.timesofisrael.com/pilot-of-flight-from-israel-that-causes-uk-scare-i-nearly-had-a-heart-attack/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter