Author Topic: Ukraine News Roundup 12-1-2019  (Read 260 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ukraine News Roundup 12-1-2019
« on: December 01, 2019, 10:02:42 pm »
Ukrainian lawmaker's son killed in attack in Kiev: source

KIEV (Reuters) - Unknown gunmen opened fire at the car of a local lawmaker in the center of Ukrainian capital of Kiev on Sunday, killing his three-year old son, a police source said.

Vyacheslav Sobolev, a businessman and Kiev regional council lawmaker was at wheel of the car when it was attacked, said the source, who wished to remain anonymous.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs has not identified the owner of the vehicle or the identity of the victim.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-lawmaker-attack-idUSKBN1Y51D4

Obviously, the Ukrainian lawmaker was the target. Tragedy about his son.

For some more news on Ukraine, I didn't even want to post this as a separate thread... I'm grasping it still,  Ukraine in fighting corruption has cut 500 prosecutors and one is a key contact for Rudy G.??

Ukraine’s Zelensky is making headway against corruption. But the fight risks angering Trump.
Michael Birnbaum

Zelensky’s bind is not hard to spot.

Trump’s views of Ukraine — and his demands to investigate the Biden family — were largely shaped by his personal lawyer Giuliani. The theories and opinions that were passed to Giuliani came from some of the very officials whom Ukrainian activists claim are prime corruption culprits in their own system.

Now that Zelensky’s reform push is underway, some of those Giuliani-linked officials are in the crosshairs.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/ukraines-zelensky-is-making-headway-against-corruption-but-the-fight-risks-angering-trump/2019/12/01/eccff802-0d27-11ea-8054-289aef6e38a3_story.html

I guess, the headline is actually correct though. If any other important stories come up, will post.