Author Topic: Now is the Time for a Full and Transparent Debate About DACA  (Read 333 times)

rangerrebew

Now is the Time for a Full and Transparent Debate About DACA
« on: December 01, 2019, 06:26:28 pm »

Now is the Time for a Full and Transparent Debate About DACA
By Jennifer G. Hickey   November 19, 2019

Last weekend, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), released updated statistics which showed nearly 80,000 – or 10 percent – of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) participants had been arrested on charges ranging from DUI and immigration violations to rape and battery.

The data further showed that of nearly 110,000 DACA requestors (out of 889,000) who had an arrest, 85 percent had been arrested before their most recent DACA approval, and more than 31 percent of that same cohort had more than one arrest.

As the USCIS acknowledged in its statement, the report includes arrests, including some which “did not result in convictions or where the charges were dropped or otherwise dismissed.” Defenders of DACA tried to dismiss the findings because the report included arrests, not convictions.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2019/11/19/daca-congress-supreme-court-immigrationreform-com/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Now is the Time for a Full and Transparent Debate About DACA
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:41:16 pm »
Let's end it then discuss it afterwards. And if changes are made, do it correctly, with legislation, not with a tyrannous pen stroke.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:10:52 pm »
In history "immigrants," operates in a predictable manner.

Multiple generations from a villge in Ireland, Sweden, Italy and Mexico move to a place in America, where their relatives have successfully gone.

In the 11800s, they exchanged letters. Today a fast food store operator might ask a good employee, if he knows of some good workers, back home in Mexico.

If you go to a local fast food place in America, ask around, you might learn that what I stte here, is true.

I have done so.

I have also learned from guys that I grew up with in suburban SoCal, that many had grandparents that started as seasonal agriculture workers, until the ranchers/farmers provided for year-round family housing.

The first wave of Swedish settlers (mine) in Minnesota, and the first wave of Scots Irish settlers (mine) in NewEngland, all wrote letters to back home when they were establsihed. They said come on, were are doing well, and you can too.

My wife's mother and father's famillies were from the same village complex, in Italy. Her mother came in an old world arranged marriage. Four generations later, not a single criminal.

I am okay with a narrowly defined DACA program.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:13:51 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 08:31:11 pm »
The town in which I grew up had a small community of Volga Germans - my paternal grandparents among them - who had settled there, started businesses, started churches, etc.. They probably did have some who came there first and then invited, and even sponsored, others. My Dad's older sister married an Italian man who fled Mussolini and then sponsored over his family (over time). I have no problem with legal immigration and law-abiding legal immigrants.

My understanding of OhBummer!'s DACA Decree is that it went beyond setting priorities - which an EO can do - into setting up a program for selected people to bypass immigration enforcement long-term (which would morph into indefinitely/permanently).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 08:32:26 pm »
One problem is we've got a dozen different immigration programs going on simultaneously. We only need one - one that looks honestly at the total benefit to the US that would be brought by those applying.

Not whats best for Apple Computer, or the civil rights racketeers, or the unions seeking members, or bureaucrats feathering their nests, or politicians seeking voters - but which immigrant candidates bring the most benefit to the greatest number of Americans.

Never gonna happen but I can dream.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:34:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 08:32:35 pm »

I am okay with a narrowly defined DACA program.

But those days are gone.  Now the SJWs want carte blanche for anyone to come into this country, and they'll settle for nothing less.