Author Topic: The Evolution Fraud  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: The Evolution Fraud
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2020, 08:47:18 pm »
If you put a kilogram of water at 32F and a kilogram of ice at 32F in a perfectly insulated container at standard pressure and exactly 32F, the water won't freeze while the ice melts.

This is not correct.  In a theoretical perfectly insulated container (which in reality does not exist), the mass of ice and water would remain relatively constant.  Think of it like this, it takes heat to raise the temperature of ice and eventually melt it.  Let's say you have a gram of ice at -3 °C.  Raising the temp (i.e. increasing the enthalpy) to -2 °C requires an input of roughly 1 calorie of heat. Raising it to -1 °C requires another 1 calorie.  And raising it to 0 °C requires yet another.  But to change the state from a gram of ice at 0 °C to a gram of water at 0 °C requires an additional 80 calories.

But while we're talking about the miracle substance water,  the most spectacular property of all is that water expands when it freezes.  If this were not the case, then our oceans, rivers, and lakes would be mostly ice from the bottom up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2020, 10:16:16 pm »

But while we're talking about the miracle substance water,  the most spectacular property of all is that water expands when it freezes.  If this were not the case, then our oceans, rivers, and lakes would be mostly ice from the bottom up.
And then all the pooor widdle polar bears would just hang out at the garbage dump at Churchill instead of putt around on ice floes....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 12:08:47 am »
There is not a single evolutionary argument that does not start with 'Once upon a time...'

And should you dissent from it, Darwinists will sneer and call you spiteful names at the end.

The Magic Wand of Selection can do anything they claim it can, really, really fast, or very very slow.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:00 pm »

I knew what I was saying but I did not state it clearly.  I corrected my earlier post.  Water cannot freeze at the same temperature as ice is melting.  That is the implication of the 0 degrees Celsius claim of ice melting and water freezing, but it is misleading.  The transition may occur at that temperature in either direction, but not simultaneously and the source of heat or lack of it must provide the physical action.

The most spectacular aspect of water may be its expansion before freezing in your opinion, but what if earth only had 500 gallons of the stuff?  Its abundance is spectacular.  Its stability is spectacular. Its recyclability is spectacular.  Its usefulness in biochemical systems is profound, as is its fabulous transparency.  Go scuba or skin diving sometime.  Woo
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:15 pm »
hmm, Evolution to freezing water???
Focus... lol

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2020, 02:15:17 pm »
I knew what I was saying but I did not state it clearly.  I corrected my earlier post.  Water cannot freeze at the same temperature as ice is melting.  That is the implication of the 0 degrees Celsius claim of ice melting and water freezing, but it is misleading.  The transition may occur at that temperature in either direction, but not simultaneously and the source of heat or lack of it must provide the physical action.

The most spectacular aspect of water may be its expansion before freezing in your opinion, but what if earth only had 500 gallons of the stuff?  Its abundance is spectacular.  Its stability is spectacular. Its recyclability is spectacular.  Its usefulness in biochemical systems is profound, as is its fabulous transparency.  Go scuba or skin diving sometime.  Woo

Molecules of water will be giving up latent heat to molecules of ice.  The process of melting and freezing goes on simultaneously in different molecules. 
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2020, 07:07:48 pm »
hmm, Evolution to freezing water???
Focus... lol

@EdinVA , instead of giggling about what we have discussed, why don't you add something YOU consider germane and interesting.  Give it your best shot.  Focus.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2020, 08:06:11 pm »
@EdinVA , instead of giggling about what we have discussed, why don't you add something YOU consider germane and interesting.  Give it your best shot.  Focus.

After a week, nothing from giggler.  Zip. Why am I not surprised.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2020, 12:40:24 am »
I heard it said that the probability of live evolving out of some primordial ooze under ideal conditions is lower than the probability of a tornado striking a junkyard of spare airplane parts and leaving a fully functional Boeing 747 in its wake.

“The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.”  (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University.)

“Hypothesis [evolution] based on no evidence and irreconcilable with the facts….These classical evolutionary theories are a gross over-simplification of an immensely complex and intricate mass of facts, and it amazes me that they are swallowed so uncritically and readily, and for such a long time, by so many scientists without a murmur of protest.”  (Sir Ernst Chain, Nobel Prize winner for developing penicillin)