Author Topic: Gordon Sinclair, "The Americans" and other patriotic ditties, speeches, songs.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I was listening to Mark Levine last night I believe, and a few times, I think he said..."nobody, but nobody,".... and the way he was talking, reminded me some of this speech, unintended or not.

From my understanding, the speech was originally on the air and the music added later:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French, and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971, and this Canadian thinks it's time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous, and possibly the least-appreciated, people in all the world.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtze. Well who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did, that's who.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges, and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Mississippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan, and to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

Continued at: https://americanrhetoric.com/speeches/gordonsinclairtheamericans.htm

Yes, Lee Greenwood's "God Bless The USA" probably defines this genre nowadays, might as well include that one right off. Everyone knows it.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 03:29:12 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
"Ballad of the Alamo" by Marty Robbins

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.