Author Topic: Trump plan to label Mexico cartels as terror groups defies logic, experts say  (Read 305 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt, I disagree with the general bend of this article....but it might be worth considering the possible "unintended consequences" scenario that sometimes can occur that this article lists one case of and that is possibly more "asylum seekers" at the border. That actually makes some sense to me.

Trump plan to label Mexico cartels as terror groups defies logic, experts say

The kingpin strategy has caused the repeated and violent restructuring of Mexico’s criminal underground. Groups fracture and reform at a dizzying rate, re-establishing territorial control through violence and alliances – a scenario in which any individual terrorism designation would be ineffective and hard to apply.

But one unintended consequence of the designation could come at that same frontier, where it could bolster the cases of asylum seekers fleeing cartel violence.

US judges routinely reject asylum claims from those fleeing crime, however violent, but they have traditionally been more sympathetic to people fleeing terrorism, said Adam Isacson, an analyst with the Washington Office on Latin America.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-plan-to-label-mexico-cartels-as-terror-groups-defies-logic-experts-say/ar-BBXr8OD

That last little bit makes some sense to me BUT.... it seems we could still do some of this, call them terrorist organizations to go after them in the good ol' USA and right at the border and... if need be, when they come into the USA in the sky and on the seas, which they already do... a method may need some tweaking but imho, could be doable.  This might not mean, we necessarily go into Mexico unless, of course, we know of a big Meth lab for example.  An option could be bombing the place. These criminals are getting too sophisticated and powerful, that submarine story from the last month, where in this case, the sub went from South America to Spain  https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31248/the-first-narco-submarine-ever-seized-off-a-european-coast-is-a-monster