Author Topic: New DHS Chief Discusses Sanctuary City, Border Security Challenges  (Read 288 times)

rangerrebew

New DHS Chief Discusses Sanctuary City, Border Security Challenges

Published: 
Wed, Nov 27th 2019 @ 4:31 pm EST

In his first sit-down interview since taking over DHS, Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf discussed the dangers of sanctuary cities, border wall construction and new plans to combat the gangs that control the flow of illegal migrants across the border. Wolf spoke to Fox News during a visit to the Texas-Mexico border.

Just prior to his border visit, Wolf met with North Carolina sheriffs, local officials and “Angel Families” to discuss sanctuary city policies. Wolf told Fox’s Brian Kilmeade, “I thought it was important in my first week to call this out and to stand with the men and women of ICE… (Sanctuary cities) are magnets and…havens for criminals, and they make those communities less safe and not more safe. And it makes the officers of ICE, it makes their job more difficult and puts them in danger.” Kilmeade noted that police in North Carolina sanctuary cities refused 480 ICE detainer request during fiscal year 2019.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/new-dhs-chief-discusses-sanctuary-city-border-security-challenges

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: New DHS Chief Discusses Sanctuary City, Border Security Challenges
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »
I just can't see how sanctuary cities are legal when it interferes with Federal Law.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.