Author Topic: ICE arrests 250 foreign students at fake university in Michigan  (Read 574 times)

rangerrebew

ICE arrests 250 foreign students at fake university in Michigan

November 27, 2019 Niraj Warikoo - Detroit Free Press

About 90 additional foreign students of a fake university in metro Detroit created by the Department of Homeland Security have been arrested in recent months.

A total of about 250 students have now been arrested since January on immigration violations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as part of a sting operation by federal agents who enticed foreign-born students, mostly from India, to attend the school that marketed itself as offering graduate programs in technology and computer studies, according to ICE officials.

Many of those arrested have been deported to India, while others are contesting their removals. One has been allowed to stay after being granted lawful permanent resident status by an immigration judge.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/ice-arrests-250-foreign-students-at-fake-university-in-michigan/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: ICE arrests 250 foreign students at fake university in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 02:32:24 pm »
I recall the local country police did something similar many years ago...this time of the year.

They contacted specific individuals, telling them they 'won' a lottery and will be given FREE Redskins' tickets for the then-annual COWBOYS/REDSKINS on Thanksgiving Day (they played every year...as the Lions do thanks to their United Auto Workers Union)

Anyway, the dudes show up to claim their winnings and are summarily arrested for not paying child-support.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 02:44:43 pm »
If you have any Lib/Prog friends howling invective against the Bad Orange Man over this, just point out that it was set up in 2015.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 03:57:05 pm »
I might not fully understand this, but I don’t get why this is a good thing. They got people to come into the country legally on student visas. They didn’t get people that were already here illegally to enroll. To me it was like let’s take a problem and make a bigger problem.

Granted anyone with any sense would know this university was hinky when they enrolled, but apparently our government gave them visas knowing this was the university they planned on attending. That is screwed up. Yes, they arrested and deported some people, but how many people came in legally and then scattered in the wind?
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 02:52:07 am »
I might not fully understand this, but I don’t get why this is a good thing. They got people to come into the country legally on student visas. They didn’t get people that were already here illegally to enroll. To me it was like let’s take a problem and make a bigger problem.

Granted anyone with any sense would know this university was hinky when they enrolled, but apparently our government gave them visas knowing this was the university they planned on attending. That is screwed up. Yes, they arrested and deported some people, but how many people came in legally and then scattered in the wind?

It's not a good thing.  It's an embarrassment.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 03:10:42 am »

Buckey the Once-ler badger is upset?  I am shocked.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 06:00:09 am »
Buckey the Once-ler badger is upset?  I am shocked.
Speaking of embarrassment.  Hello @The Ghost