Author Topic: NM: Isabella Solis changes political parties, from Democrat to Republican  (Read 532 times)

Offline mountaineer

Isabella Solis changes political parties, from Democrat to Republican
Michael McDevitt, Las Cruces Sun-News
Published 10:36 a.m. MT Nov. 20, 2019 | Updated 4:46 p.m. MT Nov. 20, 2019

LAS CRUCES - What was shaping up to be a primary election fight between vice chair Isabella Solis and Debra Hathaway might now be a general election battle between the two for the Doña Ana County Commission District 4 seat.

Solis announced Wednesday she'll switch political affiliations from a Democrat to a Republican. If she chooses to seek reelection, it could mean she'll face Hathaway in the general Nov. 3 rather than in the June 2 primary. ...

“I've been a Democrat my entire adult life,” Solis said in a statement. “So this is not a decision I take lightly. But the truth is that the modern Democrat party does not share the New Mexico values that I hold to.”

She continued, “As someone who believes in the sanctity of life, pro-growth economic policies, secure borders, and fiscal responsibility, I no longer feel there is a home for me in my former party that has embraced far-left views on these issues." ...   More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: NM: Isabella Solis changes political parties, from Democrat to Republican
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 06:17:33 pm »
I wonder if she is serious,or if she just switched parties because she knew she couldn't beat her opponent by running as a fellow Dim?

In other words,a "Conversion of convenience instead of conscience".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: NM: Isabella Solis changes political parties, from Democrat to Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
If she is to be believed this is the correct stance on the reason to switch.

“As someone who believes in the sanctity of life, pro-growth economic policies, secure borders, and fiscal responsibility, I no longer feel there is a home for me in my former party that has embraced far-left views on these issues.

Except for the fiscal responsibility balderdash!  Ain't np party got time for than nonsense~   :pondering:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.