Author Topic: FL man shoots, kills robber who pointed AK-47 in his face  (Read 953 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
FL man shoots, kills robber who pointed AK-47 in his face
« on: November 28, 2019, 02:45:13 am »
American Military News by  Samson X Horne 11/27/2019

Donovan Stewart said he didn’t like it when a would-be robber shoved an AK-47 rifle in his face.

The 60-year-old Miami man said he had to think quickly after someone broke into his van while he was sleeping. His 11-year-old son and girlfriend were also in the van at the time.

“The guy I killed last night, he put an AK-47 in my damn face,” Stewart told Miami CBS-affiliate WFOR-TV.

“I am from Kingston in Jamaica,” he said, “and I am not going to go out like a punk. So, I emptied my Glock in his chest. This man tried to get in my van while I was sleeping and he was surprised to see what I did.”

officers confiscated Stewart’s gun and van as part of their procedures. Since the van was Stewart’s home and the seizure renders him homeless, authorities are going to help him find assistance, WFOR reported.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/fl-man-shoots-kills-robber-who-pointed-ak-47-in-his-face/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: FL man shoots, kills robber who pointed AK-47 in his face
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 07:08:36 am »
Confiscated his van? Why? I don't understand that part. If the man had a CCW, pending the investigation, I can see them taking the firearm, but the van was his home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 06:48:04 pm »
Confiscated his van? Why?

@Smokin Joe

Because they can,and because they either want to use it as a unmarked police vehicle,or maybe because they just want to sell it and put money in the department budget.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 07:20:25 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Because they can,and because they either want to use it as a unmarked police vehicle,or maybe because they just want to sell it and put money in the department budget.
Well, you left out the part where Social Serpents get to place the kids while he jumps through hoops and pays them child support while he is trying to get his kids back. A$$h*les took his home, and his ability to get around for employment, such as it was, for defending himself, his kids, and his home.
That's effed up, no matter how you slice it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis