Author Topic: DEA agent who caught El Chapo: Trump labeling Mexican cartels 'terrorists' would be 'game-changer'  (Read 850 times)

rangerrebew

DEA agent who caught El Chapo: Trump labeling Mexican cartels 'terrorists' would be 'game-changer'
By Matt London | Fox News

The former head of the Chicago DEA, who spent years fighting the Mexican drug cartels and brought down the infamous drug lord "El Chapo," said he "applauds" President Trump for pushing to designate the cartels as terrorist organizations.
Original Shows and Documentaries that Celebrate America every day.

"The president is showing real leadership if he can get that done," former DEA agent Jack Riley told Fox News. "There are so many people inside and outside of Congress, the pundits, that will be against it. But this is exactly what is necessary. We have the tools. This would be a game-changer."

In a new interview, President Trump said that he will "absolutely" designate the Mexican drug cartels as terror groups. "At some point, something has to be done. Look, we're losing 100,000 people a year to what's happening and what's coming through Mexico. They have unlimited money, the people, the cartels... it's drug money and human trafficking money," Trump told Bill O'Reilly in his podcast.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mexican-cartels-terrorists-president-trump

rangerrebew

Will democrats oppose naming drug cartels as terrorists?  There is speculation they may be helping democrats with "stipends" to help keep the border open. :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will democrats oppose naming drug cartels as terrorists?  There is speculation they may be helping democrats with "stipends" to help keep the border open. :pondering:
I have been speculating for decades now that there is some pecuniary or other benefit being steered toward enough of the people in our government to convince them to not bother to close the border or take other effective means to stop the flow of drugs, humans, and other contraband across. For decades, the pursuit of that objective has been insufficient or simply ineffective, through no fault of those with boots on the ground. The latter work with the rules and tech they have.

If you had an employee trying to accomplish a difficult job, you'd make sure they had the tools they need to get the job done.
Let's give the Border patrol the tools, let's eliminate the non-cooperation from the congress, from the 'sanctuary' jurisdictions, and get the job done. It won't be absolutely perfect, some will always get through, but the amount of illegal activity could be substantially reduced.

As for the Cartels, anyone who thinks they aren't operating in the US is foolish, and allowing them to flourish anywhere is a mistake.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Really, what difference would it make to label the cartels "terrorists"?
Just changing a name doesn't make them go away.

What IS needed is ACTION that "makes them go away".

That will mean nothing less than a military invasion of Mexico and going after the cartels (leaders first) as we would go after isis. With extreme prejudice.

Short of that, furgheddaboutit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Calling them terrorists means we can take unilateral action on them, like say, striking a meth lab in  Mexico. Maybe, even some kind of operation getting a kingpin.  I would be for that. I do wonder, if they could make reprisal attacks. Then, maybe then, our country would get smarter about border security enforcement.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Calling them terrorists means we can take unilateral action on them, like say, striking a meth lab in  Mexico. Maybe, even some kind of operation getting a kingpin.  I would be for that. I do wonder, if they could make reprisal attacks. Then, maybe then, our country would get smarter about border security enforcement.

Its sure making Mexico sweat.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I know this. I know enough Mexicans who came here to find a better life. And I know enough who come to game our system.

But there are still enough Mexicans in Mexico who want, do, and stand for the same things you all say you do.

Unilateral drone strikes on specific targets, IMO, would be a welcome relief to ALL of us. No matter how the MSM or Polly's play it.

Paraquat. You remember Paraquat. Right. Not that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

I know this. I know enough Mexicans who came here to find a better life. And I know enough who come to game our system.

But there are still enough Mexicans in Mexico who want, do, and stand for the same things you all say you do.

Unilateral drone strikes on specific targets, IMO, would be a welcome relief to ALL of us. No matter how the MSM or Polly's play it.

Paraquat. You remember Paraquat. Right. Not that.
But that's just it. instead of following them and chasing them all over, one hellfire, and whack. As terrorists, they can be military targets, not mere criminals.

But the real possibilities come from using those drones to track the routes back to the head men and whack them instead of the mules who just might be doing what they do out of fear for themselves or their families.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:44:47 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But that's just it. instead of following them and chasing them all over, one hellfire, and whack. As terrorists, they can be military targets, not mere criminals.

But the real possibilities come from using those drones to track the routes back to the head men and whack them instead of the mules who just might be doing what they do out of fear for themselves or their families.

Right.  That was what I intended with this part of my post: Unilateral drone strikes on specific targets, IMO, would be a welcome relief to ALL of us.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They will hate us more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They will hate us more.

Good. The energy it takes to hate only makes them weaker.

Offline Smokin Joe

They will hate us more.
Tough sh*t. The worse they act, the more targets.

C S Lewis