Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Nov 26th  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Nov 26th
« on: November 26, 2019, 07:03:15 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Despite Public, It’s Full-Speed Ahead on Impeachment

Nov 26, 2019

RUSH: So what were we talking about yesterday? We were talking about whether or not Pelosi’s looking for an out on impeachment. And now the discussion today is all about how the polls have plummeted and it’s three polls that have plummeted. We’ve got the poll we mentioned yesterday, the Emerson poll showing African-American support for Trump at 34.5%. Rasmussen showing African-American support for Trump at 34%.

We have Schiff now telling everybody that they sent a Dear Colleague letter, said he expects to send a report laying out evidence to support impeaching Trump to the judiciary committee — that’s Nadler — right after Thanksgiving. In the letter, Schiff claims that evidence gathered from depositions with 17 current and former U.S. officials — that’d be the civil service corps — revealed a months-long effort in which Trump again sought foreign interference in our elections for his personal and political benefit at the expense of our national interests.

Now, Schiff in this letter says that Congress has to decide whether impeachment is warranted. But suddenly there it is. Schiff wrote, “What is left to us now is to decide whether this behavior is compatible with the office of the presidency and whether the constitutional process of impeachment is warranted.” How can there be any doubt after all the evidence Schiff has amassed? Ha-ha. I’m being sarcastic, folks. There isn’t any evidence.

Now, I was watching a little bit of TV before the program started, and Marie Harf, the former Obama State Department spokesbabe — and I mean the stereotypical, I mean, she’s the counter to the Pajama Boy. She is the female Pajama Boy. And she’s saying (impression), “You know, the Democrats ought not listen to polls. The Democrats, this is too important, impeachment is too important. We can’t listen to polls in this. The Democrats are not gonna be listening –” not gonna be listening to polls? That’s the only thing.

Polling data is how they shape public opinion. It’s not reflecting public opinion. And, lo and behold, wouldn’t you know it, CNN magically today released a poll a couple of hours ago that shows what? Why, 50% of the American public want Trump impeached and removed. There isn’t another poll anywhere close to CNN’s. But they need evidence.

See, folks, I talked yesterday about this. I posited how Pelosi could do this. How she could announce there wasn’t gonna be an impeachment. There won’t actually be articles of impeachment presented to the Senate because partisan Republicans are not taking it seriously, partisan Republicans are gonna defend the president. The last thing that we need, the last thing America needs is for this guilty as sin president to be acquitted in an election year. ‘Cause that’s what will happen when it goes there.

But I think there’s a telltale sign that this is gonna happen. Brenda Lawrence is a Democrat from a very anti-Trump district in Michigan. She is not a moderate, and she is not from a district that voted for Trump. And Sunday on a podcast — by the way, you know what I saw? There’s a story by Matt Labash in Spectator — not the American Spectator, Spectator — bashing podcasts. He says there’s 700,000 of these damn things. I can’t keep up. I don’t want to listen. What the hell, the average length is 43 minutes, what do we need podcasts for?

I knew this was gonna happen, overload. You know why we have podcasts? Because they can’t figure out how to succeed on talk radio. Everybody wants a microphone. Think about it. All you need are 10 or 12 people listening to your podcast and you think you’re a star, 700,000 of them out there.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Anyway, back now to this impeachment business. Brenda Lawrence was on a podcast on Sunday, which, this is now Tuesday. It’s why it took two days for people to realize it. It was on a podcast. The name of the podcast, No BS News Hour. Are you familiar with the podcast? You ever heard of that? You have heard of that? What, six listeners, seven listeners?

Anyway, so it took two days. And remember now, Brenda Lawrence is not a moderate Democrat. She’s not from a district that Trump won. She is straight out of the standard Democrat representative caucus, dislikes Trump, no two ways about it, this is what she said on that podcast.

LAWRENCE: We are so close to an election. I will tell you sitting here knowing how divided this country is, I don’t see the value of taking him out of office.

UNIDENTIFIED HOST: Wow.

LAWRENCE: I want him censured. I want it on the record that the House of Representatives did their job, and they told this president and any president coming behind him that this is unacceptable behavior. And under our Constitution, we will not allow it.

RUSH: She went on to say that the timing is all wrong, there’s an election coming up, it doesn’t make any sense, she hadn’t heard enough to throw him out of office. Well, again, this happened two days ago. It just made the news today. And just before the program began, Brenda Lawrence released a new statement recanting. They got to her, is my point. The pressure must be intense.

This tells me that there is not going to be any delay. They are going to move full speed ahead. They are going to do their articles of impeachment. Pelosi damn the torpedoes and full speed, because this was a devastating — people been playing this all over cable news all morning long. This being used along with reporting on the polls as an indication that impeachment is falling apart.

And then with Schiff’s Dear Colleague letter in which he says that Congress now has to decide what’s left to us now is to decide whether this behavior is compatible with the office — everybody knows they’ve already made up their minds about that, but they haven’t pulled the trigger yet. So Brenda Lawrence comes along, indicates she’s not gonna vote for it. Remember what we said yesterday, Pelosi may have 218 votes, but she doesn’t have 220. And she doesn’t have 235, and she doesn’t have any Republicans. And that could be problematic.

But with the pressure being applied to Brenda Lawrence, who’s released a new statement clarifying her first statement. If they were really thinking of backing off of this they would let Brenda Lawrence’s statement stand, and they would use it as an impetus or an excuse. But, see, I think they’re too far committed. I guess she could still yank it back.

They wanted to get this done before Thanksgiving. If you recall they wanted the articles of impeachment written and presented. They want to get this done fast because the senators on the Democrat side running for the presidency cannot campaign while a Senate trial is in place. So they wanted to get this going. Now they’re talking about the articles of impeachment before Christmas. So the time frame has slowed down.

The polls are totally opposed. The polls do not provide them any impetus whatsoever, which is why so many leftists are now saying, “The Democrats don’t listen to polls. This is too serious to listen to the polls. We can’t be guided by the polls, and we Democrats generally aren’t guided by the polls,” which is a total crock.

So it’s a fluid situation. And however it goes, if it does go to the Senate, there’s going to be an acquittal there, and Pelosi and the Democrats are gonna have to find a way of dealing with that. And of course I gave them the road map for that yesterday.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: CNN’s poll, they tout it as 50% support impeachment and removal. However, if you click on the CNN link to their poll, you know what the headline is? “No change in views on impeachment after public hearings.” Now, that puts an entirely different perspective on things. No change — and this is only the CNN poll. So CNN’s claiming that when this whole thing started, 50% wanted impeachment or removal, and after the hearings, 50% wanted impeachment and removal.

Only the CNN poll is showing no movement whatsoever. It’s an outlier; we throw it out. CNN’s so biased and injected… You know, this episode, this right here alone… Remember when I told you years ago that it’s the media leading the Democrat Party? This whole impeachment process, this is something the media wants probably more than Pelosi does, folks. The media wants this more than the Democrats do. The Democrats have some trepidation about it. Pelosi has some trepidation about it. The media is forcing her into this. Make no mistake about it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Nov 26th
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 07:03:48 pm »

Monday Night Football Condemned as “The Biden Zone”

Nov 26, 2019

RUSH: Reading a story at the U.K. Guardian, this is a really tough critique of Monday Night Football and ESPN and its coverage. I mean, this guy that wrote — his name is Oliver Connolly, and he just savages ESPN for ruining one of the greatest sports broadcast franchises in history. And it’s a critique of the announcers and how horrible they are. And then he gets into the graphics.

But I want to read you his review. U.K. Guardian, it’s a left-wing publication. U.K. And I want to read to you a portion of his analysis of the color commentator Booger McFarland. Booger used to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Defensive lineman. I’ve listened to Booger, he still thinks he’s playing. (imitating Booger) “That right there is not good for our league,” when somebody commits a bad — Booger, you’re not in the league anymore, you’re at ESPN. But he still feels he’s part of the fraternity, which I understand. Here is the segment of the review. Listen to this.

By the way, the point of this is not to rip Booger. Stick with me through the whole thing. I’m not joining in on ripping Booger. Booger’s not a professional broadcaster. That’s the problem with sports broadcasting, they don’t have professional broadcasters. They go out and get a bunch of jocks that played the game, try to rely on their experience. There’s only one Tony Romo a generation. There’s only one John Madden a generation. That’s a whole other subject.

“Up stepped McFarland, who had spent much of the season patrolling the sidelines in the now-infamous ‘Booger Mobile’, one of the most bizarre and pointless inventions in the history of television. McFarland was a decent in-studio college football analyst, but he has been awful as a national NFL voice. He sounds like he’s started a sentence and has no idea where it’s going to end. On Monday, McFarland officially entered the Biden Zone.” This is what I wanted to share with you.

“McFarland officially entered the Biden Zone. At this point, you don’t really care what he says, you’re just hoping he can stumble his way to a coherent conclusion.” And then the reviewer takes out after the lead announcer, Joe Tessitore. The Biden Zone. Oh, my goodness, what an insult. So it just is an indication that everybody recognizes the limitations and the faux pas that involve Biden.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 08:33:07 pm »

A Tidal Wave Is Building. Just Look at the Black Vote

Nov 26, 2019

RUSH:  Here is David in Fort Worth.  Great to have you, sir.  I’m glad you called.

CALLER:  Thank you, Rush, and happy Thanksgiving to you and your entire staff.

RUSH:  Same to you.  Same to you, sir.

CALLER:  Thank you very much.  Great show today, and I just wanted to comment about the congresswoman from Michigan who made her comments over the weekend about, you know, they’re not being support for impeachment and how quickly that got “corrected.”  I think the bigger picture here — and I think this is what Pelosi is seeing, and a lot of that goes to your last conversation with the caller. Impeachment is DOA, and I think Trump’s reelection is as certain as anything can be at this point, and she knows that.

So she’s playing a much bigger game, specifically with this congresswoman.  An African-American congresswoman representing an African-American district who says there’s not support for impeachment does nothing but support the polls of growing African-American support for Trump — and that has to be killed immediately.

If you get a congresswoman from a moderate, some swing district outside of Philadelphia who says, “You know, we don’t have support for impeachment,” politically, that can stand.  But if you get an African-American congressperson from an African-American district saying we don’t have support for impeachment, that is a completely… That’s a game-changer in electoral politics, and Pelosi knows it.

RUSH: I have to tell you that’s exactly right.  In fact, I can tell you from the tone of your voice you know how crucially important it is, and I just want to amplify. Of all the things that I’m seeing, the polling data that I’ve cited, African-American approval for Trump in two different polls, 34%, 34.5%… You’ve got Democrats out saying, “That’s not true.  That can’t be true.  There’s no way.  Zip, zero, nada.”

Then you have Brenda Lawrence, John Conyers’ district, eastern Detroit, coming out, African-American, African-American district, “I don’t think we ought to be impeaching.”  The one thing the Democrats cannot stand… All the rest of this stuff is piddly winks if they lose African-Americans’ votes.  If Trump succeeds in pulling just 10 to 15% of the African-American vote, they’re toast, and it doesn’t matter.  Nothing else matters.

So now they’ve got to make sure that doesn’t happen.  So that means playing the race card and doing whatever they can do to keep African-Americans in line. Because this, I guarantee you… You’re right, Brenda Lawrence doing her the great the past summer when she was all for impeachment and now not? She has to get reelected every two years.  She knows her constituents.

Some of her constituents may actually like Donald Trump because of the economic improvements in their lives.  So I think there is a gigantic tidal wave brewing out there that they are aware of that has not yet reached the awareness of the population at large that — you’re right — they have got to shut that down and they’ve almost got to deal with that exclusively.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  In fact, folks, I’ll tell you something.  I think all of this talk about Michelle Obama as a late entry into the campaign is going on because she may be the only Democrat that can hold on a slipping black vote going to Trump.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 08:33:48 pm »

Orange Cult Leader Using Mind Control to Block Impeachment

Nov 26, 2019

RUSH: So given that this is happening, yesterday I offered Pelosi a way out of this. I gave her a philosophical way out, and that is to say that while the evidence is overwhelming and we all know that Trump is scum and we know that he attempted to meddle and we know that he attempted to investigate his own opponent, we know, we know, we know, we know, we still have to deal with partisan Republican bigots who happen to run the Senate. And there’s no way that they’re going to join us in agreement that Trump needs to go.

In fact, he’s gonna be acquitted. The last thing in the world we need is for this guilty-as-sin scum Mr. Orange man to be found not guilty in an election year. That’s what she could say in her own way. She could say we’ve got the goods; everybody knows we’ve got the goods. But we’ve got partisan, bigoted Republicans led by the biggest partisan bigot, the Turtle, Mitch McConnell, and there’s no way that they’re going to ever recognize this evidence. And, as such, the president will be acquitted, he will not be convicted. That will be the worst thing possible for this country, she could say.

In support of this, I pointed out, if you start paying attention, you will hear yourselves and other Trump supporters referred to as a cult because this would go right along with Pelosi’s claim that the Republicans are uber, bigoted partisans, unmovable, intractable, cannot be made to see common sense or Trump’s guilt. And the way to cement her claim that the Republicans cannot be moved is to call Trump supporters a cult. And in so doing, she offers an excuse why they can’t be reached.

Democrats in the media have been trying — folks, this is a crucial thing to remember. One of the objectives for any of these hoaxes to work, for this coup to work, to overturn the election results via the Russia investigation, Russian meddling, for that to work, Trump supporters needed to be convinced to abandon him. And that’s essentially what all of this has been and remains. If they could make some headway in getting you Trump supporters to renounce him, there’s nothing that could stop them.

But guess what? Not only have you not abandoned him, there are more people now supporting Trump than probably even voted for him. So the way Pelosi’s dealing with it, well, of course, it’s a cult. It’s a cult. And what’s a cult? A cult is deranged, lunatic, mind-numbed robots. Right?

So let’s go to the audio sound bites. Here we are, a little montage that we put together, November 8th through this morning of a bunch of Drive-By people: CBS, the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times, you name it.

EUGENE ROBINSON: It is almost like a Dear Leader situation. It’s like a cult of personality.

ANTHONY SCARAMUCCI: It’s a personality cult.

DAN RATHER: President Trump’s support seems cultish. Cults generally don’t end well.

DONNY DEUTSCH: I don’t know what the spell Trump has. We talk a lot about a cult leader.

STEVE MALZBERG: The cult of Donald Trump!

CHRIS HAYES: Cultish devotion.

JOHN BERMAN: Cult-like devotion.

TEZLYN FIGARO: Cult-like politics.

STEVE HASSAN: The destructive cult where people are being fed propaganda.

BRIAN STELTER: The president is using mind control. It is frightening to hear a cult expert say that you see all these signs right now today in American politics.

RUSH: Now, that last guy there, that’s Little Brian Stelter, the media analyst, guru reporter at CNN. “The president is using mind control.” What, are we getting hit by strobe lights during every Trump anticipates? Is that what’s happening? Do you people see flashing strobe lights every time Trump speaks? Is that how they’re controlling our minds? Is that how they’re mesmerizing us? Flashing strobe lights? I haven’t seen ’em, but maybe you have.

I’m not kidding, lil’ Brian Stelter, “Trump is using mind control.” Well, how come it’s not working on you, Brian? How come it’s not working on anybody at CNN? If Trump is this all-powerful figure who is able to mind control his supporters, how come you’re immune? Well, it’s not that. It’s because the Trump cult people are stupid idiots. That’s what they have to constantly believe and enforce, whereas they are the brilliant ones.

I saw — you know, addressed this yesterday too. This falls right in line. I didn’t see it when it happened Sunday. Chris Wallace was interviewing Senator John Kennedy, Louisiana. And Wallace said, “How in the world can you say that? Every civil servant, every member of the intelligence community says that Russia colluded and meddled in the 2016 election.”

Okay. Well, everybody in the intelligence community thinks so. What makes them automatically right? Why do we have to automatically believe? Why are they not ever wrong? Why are they impervious to corruption? Why are they impervious to political bias?

When did it happen? When did the Drive-By Media start automatically believing the intelligence community? They used to hate them. I can point out example after example where the intelligence community has been embarrassingly wrong. Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So where is this requirement that everybody just not even question the intelligence community. Why, when they say it, it’s gospel.

I’m sorry. No. There’s too much evidence of the intelligence community being wrong. And there’s all kinds of evidence starting with John Brennan and James Clapper that they’re a bunch of partisan bigots themselves. But this is all part of portraying them as brilliant and open-minded and nonjudgmental.

But you Trump people, you’re just a bunch of stupid idiots who Trump can mind control because you’re nothing more than a cult. This morning on Fox & Friends Emily Compagno asked former Bernie Sanders national campaign staffer Tezlyn Figaro about a Washington Post article calling Obama a conservative. Compagno says, “Former President Obama is a conservative says the Washington Post? What in the world is this?”

FIGARO: If Barack Obama’s a conservative, then Rush Limbaugh is a liberal. Shame on the Washington Post for pushing that foolishness and promoting that. It’s that type of tribal politics that people are sick of, cult-like politics to say that if you support any conservative position then, oh, you must be a conservative. That’s ridiculous.

But me personally, it is the reason why it has moved me away from the party and many others have now become independents. To say that, you know, agreeing with some of the policies that conservatives have like being pro-business, me being a small business owner, doesn’t mean that I am a conservative. So it’s absolutely ridiculous.

RUSH: But you notice here — hey, I love conservative policies, but don’t call me a conservative. Doesn’t mean I’m a conservative just because I agree with some conservative things. Don’t call me a conservative. Why not? What’s wrong with that? Oh, it’s bad branding. Conservative equals racist, sexist bigoted homophobe to the left. Can’t do that. And notice the use of cult-like even in this answer.

Last night Doug Schoen was on Fox News. Shannon Bream spoke with Jenna Ellis, campaign senior legal adviser, and Doug Schoen about my comments about the Democrats using the word “cult” now to describe Trump supporters.

ELLIS: The use of the word now of “cult” to talk about the president as a cult leader, his followers as cult members. You may have noticed it, we caught it showing up in all kinds of places. This is how Rush Limbaugh is reacting to the use of that word.

RUSH ARCHIVE: Pelosi and the Democrats are putting this out that Trump supporters are a cult, meaning they’re unmovable, they are inflexible, and members of cults are obviously what else? Fools. They’re idiots. They’re stupid. And so Pelosi and her buddies are spreading this notion that Trump supporters are a cult.

RUSH: Remember the reason they’re doing this is to present possibly an excuse for not going through with impeachment because we’re dealing with a cult. We can’t possibly get these people to see reason. These people are gonna acquit the president, be a horrible thing. I’m firmly of the belief that they’re starting this cult — it’s multipurposed, by the way, but one of the purposes is to give them an out in the unlikelihood that they decide not to follow through on impeachment. Here’s how Jenna Ellis responded.

ELLIS: It sounds like rest of the fake news got another memo to use this as a keyword. It’s an attempt to bully all of Trump’s supporters, to ostracize us and stigmatize us into having this chilling effect on our voice in the public square. And, you know, this is absolutely ridiculous. By the way, they’re the ones that had tears streaming down when Hillary Clinton wasn’t elected. They’re the ones screaming at the sky. They’re the ones who are having these just gnashing of teeth. I mean, this is just ridiculous.

RUSH: And here’s Doug Schoen, I want to quickly get him in next.

SCHOEN: It certainly could. Look, Shannon, I find this really inadvisable and really inappropriate. I know what they’re alluding to. Trump’s comment that he could, you know, walk on Fifth Avenue, shoot someone and people would still support him. But to use this kind of language as a descriptive term is, I think, harmful to our democracy when we’re so polarized. I think we need to fewer deplorables, fewer cults, and more cooperation.

RUSH: Doug Schoen, former Clinton pollster and all that thinking, yeah, they called us deplorables, now they’re saying we’re a cult. And he thinks it needs to stop. I’m just pointing this out, folks, that this is what’s going on.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let me squeeze another exciting phone call in at this moment. This is Joe in Columbus, New Jersey. Hello, sir. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, how are you doing?

RUSH: Good, sir.

CALLER: I told your screener I was disgusted, but, you know, I’m immune now because this is just an extension of us being called deplorables three years ago.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: But if Trump and his supporters are a cult, then Camelot was Jonestown Guyana and the Kennedys were Jimmy Jones.

RUSH: Hey, what about when Obama was elected all the school kids being assembled in school auditoriums to sing songs to Dear Leader?

CALLER: Absolutely.

RUSH: “We love Obama. Obama is great. We love Obama, the one and only.” I mean, we got pummeled with that crap.

CALLER: Look how they wanted to reelect Franklin Roosevelt for a third term. Was that a cult or the beginning of a cult?

RUSH: Yeah, exactly. Of course, what we’re doing here is artfully and cleverly pointing out the deep hypocrisy of these glittering jewels of colossal ignorance. The unfortunate thing, it doesn’t stick to them, but here’s the thing. They think that the people they’re insulting are not hearing this?

They openly have been insulting Trump voters for three and a half years and counting — well, hell, five years if you count the campaign, five years and counting. They wonder why they’re not able to drive a wedge between Trump and his voters when all they do is insult them? And now Trump is using mind control, invisible strobe lights subconsciously gluing you to Donald Trump and his hair, and you don’t even know it.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:03:25 pm »

What to Expect from Nadler, the Round Mound of the Gavel

Nov 26, 2019

RUSH: Looky here, ladies and gentlemen. The House Judiciary Committee has announced that it will hold its first impeachment hearing on December 4th. That is the round mound of the gavel. That would be Jerry Nadler, the House Judiciary Committee, who should have been doing all these hearings now, but Schiff moved in there, turned the Intelligence Committee into the First Impeachment Inquiry Committee, and now Nadler’s gonna get his turn.

Now, let’s stay on this theory that we’re discussing purely hypothetically that Pelosi’s looking for a way out of this. And we don’t know that that’s the case. I think that she is, and I have devised – try to be helpful here – I have come up with what I think is a slam-dunk way for her to get out of this, limiting the damage to her and her presidential candidates. It would not be damage free, but the way to limit the damage is just do what they always do, just blame everything on the Republicans.

Blame it on racism, blame it on bigotry, blame it on bias, unfairness, the Republicans are not interested in fairness. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans in the Senate are looking facts in the eye and they’re in utter denial. Just dump everything on ’em because there’s no way she can stop an acquittal in the Senate. And in the real world, there’s no way she wants an acquittal.

Folks, in an election year for the president to be found not guilty — that’s gonna be the headline, don’t care what the Drive-Bys try to do. Just like when the Mueller report came out, no collusion, that’s it, everybody stopped caring. All the rest was minutia. No collusion. Trump did not cheat. He’s not illegitimate. That was it. They went bonkers. And they’re still trying to prove that he is. The American people stopped listening. In the Senate if there’s acquittal, after all of this? And the chief justice announced the verdict not guilty, it’s over. Doesn’t matter what the Drive-Bys do after that. Doesn’t matter what the Democrats on TV do.

Not guilty. After four years of trying to run Trump out, not guilty. And just a few months prior to the election, Pelosi do not want that. This is why we suggest the theory that she may be looking for a way to keep it from getting there. The only way to keep it from getting there is to keep it from getting to the Senate. And the only way to keep it from getting to the Senate is for there not to be articles of impeachment voted with House managers, i.e., prosecutors assigned.

‘Cause here’s the process, just to refresh — I mean, the last time this happened is 1998, and many of you probably remember, but many don’t. Some of you weren’t alive. Some of you weren’t old enough to be paying attention. The House will draw up it’s article of impeachments — those are the charges — based on the hearings and the collection of evidence, of which there is none, by the way. Just have a bunch of civil servants with their noses out of joint that Trump did an end run around them in Ukraine, period. Period.

There is not even any Russia collusion stuff in all this. So Schiff and whoever, Nadler, write the articles, the charges. And then managers are assigned. Members of Congress are assigned by Pelosi to handle each case. Each article of impeachment is a case. And a member of the House will act as a prosecutor presenting that case to the Senate, which is the jury. The chief justice of the United States presides as the judge and really doesn’t get involved. He lets the Senate really run it. He just sits there to deal with objections and, you know, keep the clocks and the trains running on time, but he does not get involved in the actual presentation of the case. Just so the chief justice when it’s all over can still have his cloak of non-bias and all that.

So the House managers present the evidence. The president gets to call his witnesses. The president’s lawyers are in there this time. They get to present the evidence. They can call whoever they want. They can call Schiff. They can call the whistleblower. Pelosi doesn’t want any of this. She’s got to prevent it from getting to this stage. How does she do it?

If there’s a vote of 220, it’s gonna happen. If the vote is 218, 219, it shouldn’t happen, that’s not a big enough majority. That’s not even full-fledged Democrat support. She needs to get votes in a range 225, 230. Well, now a new phase has been added. The Judiciary Committee, the round mound of the gavel, Jerry Nadler. Now, Nadler presents an opportunity for this to go off the rails.

If Nadler loses control of it, if Nadler botches it, if Nadler somehow fails to make the case, then he can become the fall guy for Pelosi. If somehow everything Schiff has amassed gets turned over to Nadler, Nadler starts his committee’s hearings – there will be Republicans on that committee doing what they can do — I’m not sure if in these — I think in the Judiciary Committee, I think the Republicans get to call witness. Now, not certain about that.

But the reason for my confusion, back in the Watergate era, Hillary Clinton was fired from the Democrat side of the committee because she wanted to deny Nixon any legal representation in the Watergate hearings. She was a young, upcoming lawyer out of Wellesley. She was a deranged and angry feminist trying to make her mark, and she stood out by trying to make the case that Nixon was not entitled to lawyers, witnesses, or a defense in the judiciary hearings.

Now, what I’m confused, my memory, I don’t know if that was just the House judiciary or if it was a joint committee House and Senate. But I don’t think — no, it wasn’t that because Senate doesn’t get involved ’til trial. So that would seem to say that the president could get witnesses called and have lawyers present in the Nadler hearings. Now, if that happens — but look. Bottom line, it may be easier to engineer Nadler blowing this thing up than Schiff blowing it up, ’cause Schiff had a stacked deck. There’s no way Schiff could lose.

Schiff would only call witnesses he wanted. He wouldn’t allow any Republicans to call any rebuttal witnesses or any Trump representation. So Schiff had the total benefit of a fully stacked deck. And even if Nadler has that advantage, he may botch it. Neither of these guys are particularly attractive on TV. I mean, Schiff looks like you want to call the thyroid police, and Nadler — well, and sad to say this, but it matters on television. So we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Support the USO