Author Topic: Washington Post: Jared Kushner Manages Border Wall Construction  (Read 989 times)

rangerrebew

Washington Post: Jared Kushner Manages Border Wall Construction

November 26, 2019

Neil Munro

Jared Kushner is managing the construction of the border wall from the White House and is seeking to build 400 miles by November 2020, according to a Washington Post report.

The report said:

President Trump has made his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, the de facto project manager for constructing his border wall, frustrated with a lack of progress over one of his top priorities as he heads into a tough reelection campaign, according to current and former administration officials.

Kushner convenes biweekly meetings in the West Wing, where he questions an array of government officials about progress on the wall, including updates on contractor data, precisely where it will be built and how funding is being spent. He also shares and explains the president’s wishes with the group, according to the officials familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal White House deliberations.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2019/11/26/washington-post-jared-kushner-manages-border-wall-construction/

Fixed the link - PeteS in CA
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:03:55 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline libertybele

Re: Washington Post: Jared Kushner Manages Border Wall Construction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:28:49 pm »
Oh Good Lord!   8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »
@rangerrebew

I read last week the government is beginning to take people's land.  The government (Kushner is now our government) decides how much the land is worth and people get that amount and have no recourse to question that amount and can't stop the Kushner government from taking their land. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 04:35:40 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 04:55:29 pm »
Son of Orange Man Bad.

In the entire history of the US, there have been NO highways, railroads, ports, public facilities built using "eminent Domain."

This is all new. It has not been provided for in the 5th Amendment to the Constitution.

Whenever there have been controversal undertakings, before during or after Trump, it is his fault.

Congress and the courts have have been most helpful.

Please hand over the envelop with the next Trump outrage.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 04:58:38 pm »
@rangerrebew

I read last week the government is beginning to take people's land.  The government (Kushner is now our government) decides how much the land is worth and people get that amount and have no recourse to question that amount and can't stop the Kushner government from taking their land.

link please??  I would venture to say that those that have property sitting next to the border that have experienced illegals squatting on their property or even entering their homes, I would think that they would welcome a formidable barrier.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:01:10 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:54 pm »
...The government (Kushner is now our government) decides how much the land is worth and people get that amount and have no recourse to question that amount...

Oh please, Eminent Domain lawsuits are common and there is plenty of experienced lawyers lined up to take those cases to court.

This is hardly a new topic.  The amounts are changed in courts often, including the affected value of neighboring properties.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »
Oh please, Eminent Domain lawsuits are common and there is plenty of experienced lawyers lined up to take those cases to court.

This is hardly a new topic.  The amounts are changed in courts often, including the affected value of neighboring properties.

Orange-in-Law Bad yogi555
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:11:50 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 01:45:02 pm »
@rangerrebew

@Victoria33

Yeah,and this is the first time in all of history a government had done this,isn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:15 pm »
From the 5th Amendment:

... nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 08:26:09 pm »
From the 5th Amendment:

I understand the people along the border would be bent over their land being seized. Much of their livestock drink from the Rio Grande. I'm still not sure how a border wall could be built there due to terrain. However...a border wall would benefit them as well as the rest of the country. The land there is generally cheap so they won't get much. That could be their gripe. As it would be mine...unless the government came in and put in livestock tanks in additional to compensation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 09:58:20 pm »

I understand the people along the border would be bent over their land being seized. Much of their livestock drink from the Rio Grande. I'm still not sure how a border wall could be built there due to terrain. However...a border wall would benefit them as well as the rest of the country. The land there is generally cheap so they won't get much. That could be their gripe. As it would be mine...unless the government came in and put in livestock tanks in additional to compensation.

@berdie

Yeah,but MAYBE they might not HAVE to go around their own yards armed all the time to protect themselves and their families from drug smugglers and illegal aliens killing off their livestock and stealing things from them?

I have read stories in the last few years about ranchers close to the border having a hard time sleeping due to their dogs barking and growling at prowlers.

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 10:14:20 pm »
@berdie

Yeah,but MAYBE they might not HAVE to go around their own yards armed all the time to protect themselves and their families from drug smugglers and illegal aliens killing off their livestock and stealing things from them?

I have read stories in the last few years about ranchers close to the border having a hard time sleeping due to their dogs barking and growling at prowlers.

Like I said @sneakypete ..I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't live on the border with lots of livestock and have to make the decision.

I do know this...up until about 4 years ago...I ran cattle. They drank from a lake lease I had. If the feds came in and took that lease...I would have been a goner. All I'm saying is...compensate the cattle farmers adequately. South Texas property is insanely cheap.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 11:20:34 pm »

Like I said @sneakypete ..I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't live on the border with lots of livestock and have to make the decision.

I do know this...up until about 4 years ago...I ran cattle. They drank from a lake lease I had. If the feds came in and took that lease...I would have been a goner. All I'm saying is...compensate the cattle farmers adequately. South Texas property is insanely cheap.

Which makes me wonder what installation of an effective barrier to illegal entry would do for land prices there. Provided ranchers and the govmnt reach an acceptable accord.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 12:27:20 am »
Those who own that border land DO NOT "have the right" -- Constitutional or otherwise -- to obstruct the government from taking action (building the wall) that is vital to the nation's security.

I WHOLLY endorse SEIZING those lands, as soon as possible.

Then let the owners either negotiate or have their day in court over proper (and Constitutional) compensation for the taken lands.

The need for the border barrier overrules the rights and needs of those who own land along the border.

Taking it is "doing the right thing".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 12:36:45 am »
Those who own that border land DO NOT "have the right" -- Constitutional or otherwise -- to obstruct the government from taking action (building the wall) that is vital to the nation's security.

I WHOLLY endorse SEIZING those lands, as soon as possible.

Then let the owners either negotiate or have their day in court over proper (and Constitutional) compensation for the taken lands.

The need for the border barrier overrules the rights and needs of those who own land along the border.

Taking it is "doing the right thing".

@Fishrrman

I may be wrong,but I don't think anyone here is arguing with that.

I have no fear the locals won't be paid fair market value + for their land because it will be local judges controlling the hearings. Which is only fair because because THEY are not trying to sell it,and they should be paid a little more than fair market value so they get paid for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:38:34 am by sneakypete »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 06:09:43 am »
link please??  I would venture to say that those that have property sitting next to the border that have experienced illegals squatting on their property or even entering their homes, I would think that they would welcome a formidable barrier.

Or they are making a profit.  Being paid by the Cartel.  I remember when Trump was first elected.  I think it was Sessions went to the border and there were places they couldn't go right here in the U.S. because it was Cartel controlled.

Mexican Drug Cartels Control Parts of Arizona
Vast areas of Arizona declared off-limits to U.S. citizens because it is controlled by an army of foreigners.

By
Roger Hedgecock
on
June 18, 2010

The United States is ceding parts of Arizona to the Mexican drug cartels. So says Pinal County (Ariz.) Sheriff Paul Babeu.

In a press conference ignored by the American national media, the sheriff described how his deputies were outmanned and outgunned by the cartel smugglers who increasingly operate using military tactics and weapons. The result, said Sheriff Babeu, was that a wide corridor of Arizona from the border North to the outskirts of Phoenix is effectively controlled by the cartels. "We do not have control of this area," the sheriff said.

At the same time as the sheriff’s ignored press conference, the national media did cover assurances from the Obama Administration that crime was down at the border; that the border had never been safer. This ludicrous propaganda was based on selected crime stats from San Diego, Phoenix, Austin and San Antonio. The new reign of terror on the border in Arizona was airbrushed out of the picture.

Here’s the real picture Obama does not want you to see. Warning signs were posted this past month by the federal government 80 miles North of the border on the South side of I-8 between Casa Grande and Gila Bend urging U.S. citizens not to camp or hike in the "Active Drug and Human Smuggling Area" because "Visitors May Encounter Armed Criminals." Here is a picture of one of those signs:

https://humanevents.com/2010/06/18/mexican-drug-cartels-control-parts-of-arizona/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:26:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 06:42:12 am »
@libertybele

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/11/21/texans-fight-government-plan-seize-land-border-wall/

Sometimes I think that you may be accurate, but any time you pipe in on border security you are against it.  Why?  Do you not know that our border is a Drug Cartel business?  Nobody comes that doesn't pay Cartel.  Women take birth control because they know they are going to be raped by Cartel in order to enter.  Cartel hold certain US lands along the border, and they are no go zones for American citizens.  Its too dangerous.

So I have to ask myself knowing the dangers that are along the border why anyone would oppose a barrier that would keep them off of their land?  What's the benefit of strangers using your property as a path to the U.S.?  Other people who have land along the border have expresses many scary situations.  Fearing for their lives.

By Mark Potter
Correspondent
NBC News
updated 11/25/2011 8:13:18 PM ET
Print
Font:
FALFURRIAS, Texas — While walking along a dirt road bordering his property, a South Texas farmer complained about living in fear of Mexican traffickers smuggling drugs and illegal immigrants across his land. He would later ask his visitor not to reveal his identity, for his safety and that of his family.

"I'm a citizen of the United States. This is supposedly sovereign soil, but right now it's anybody's who happens to be crossing here," he said. "I'm a little nervous being here right now. Definitely don’t come down here after dark."

The farmer said a federal law enforcement agent told him to buy a bulletproof vest to use while working in his fields. Whenever he goes out to survey his agricultural operations, he always tells his office where he is headed, and he has purchased a high-powered rifle.

"One of the basic points of the federal government is to protect the people of this nation to secure the border, and they're not doing that," he complained.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45440385/ns/nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/t/along-mexican-border-us-ranchers-say-they-live-fear/#.Xd9qTW5Fx9A

One of my biggest gripes about Trump is signing legislation that would allow local government to opt out of the wall.  I don't know how he is getting away with it on these private lands.  A wall/fence is only good if it is complete.  I am also not sure that the metal is good enough.  They are cutting holes now.  They need additional technology to signal when the wall is in danger of being breeched.  Motion?

I applaud Trump in designating Cartel terrorists.  They are.  Anyone with human compassion would applaud the move.  In Mexico people live in fear.  And it is taking control on United States also.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 02:44:20 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

I posted a fact and a link to that fact.  I have not said I am against a wall.