Author Topic: China Set For Massive Coal Expansion  (Read 540 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
China Set For Massive Coal Expansion
« on: November 24, 2019, 04:32:42 pm »
GWPF 11/19/2019

China has enough coal-fired power plants in the pipeline to match the entire capacity of the European Union, driving the expansion in global coal power and confounding the movement against the polluting fossil fuel, according to a new report.

The nation has almost 148 gigawatts of coal-fired capacity under active construction or likely to be resumed after being suspended, Global Energy Monitor, a non-profit group that tracks coal stations, said in the report Thursday based on plant-by-plant data. That’s almost equivalent to 150 gigawatts of existing coal fleet capacity in the EU and more than the combined 105 gigawatts under construction in the rest of the world, it said.

In contrast to many other countries, including the U.K.’s pledge to shut all coal plants by 2025, Beijing remains committed to coal as its biggest source of power, representing a major challenge to global emissions reduction targets. Its additions in the 18 months to June dwarf declines elsewhere in the world, according to the report.

“As more countries turn away from coal and retire their plants, China’s continued pursuit of coal is increasingly out of step with the rest of the world, and is now effectively driving the ongoing expansion of the global coal fleet,” the report said.

More: https://www.thegwpf.com/green-no-more-china-set-for-massive-coal-expansion/

Offline kidd

Re: China Set For Massive Coal Expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 08:45:11 pm »
The soot from China's coal-fired power plants is incredible. I was in Beijing three years ago. Visibility was less that 1/4 mile in the middle of the day. It was like dusk, but it was around noon. Maybe 1 in 6 Chinese wear masks.

Cant' breath the air. Can't drink the water without boiling it. Can't eat raw fruits or vegetables.
And every Chinese citizen...I mean every one...had a serious case of acne or other facial skin ailment.

No environmentalist has any credibility unless they put China at the top of their list

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:35:44 pm »
What about the argument, that clean safe nuclear power is the best option going forward?

Even most "climate-change" sceptics accept some degree of fossil fueld contribution.

Gen II and IV, nuclear plants become a the most viable direction.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 11:27:54 pm »
The Chinese build their plants "cheap and dirty".

It doesn't have to be that way, as technology used in the USA and Western Europe demonstrates.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:40:28 pm »
I should ask my daughter when she comes to visit if she needs some N95 masks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 02:24:39 am »
The soot from China's coal-fired power plants is incredible. I was in Beijing three years ago. Visibility was less that 1/4 mile in the middle of the day. It was like dusk, but it was around noon. Maybe 1 in 6 Chinese wear masks.

Cant' breath the air. Can't drink the water without boiling it. Can't eat raw fruits or vegetables.
And every Chinese citizen...I mean every one...had a serious case of acne or other facial skin ailment.

No environmentalist has any credibility unless they put China at the top of their list
Is it any wonder that China punted on the Paris Accord?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 02:49:50 am »
I am of the view that the main human contribution to climate change is not CO2 emissions (which even the alarmists admit have a logarithmic effect on temperature -- each doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentration raises mean global temperature by somewhere between 1 and 2.5 degrees Celsius) but soot from coal burning in China, India and Russia, which changes the albedo of the Arctic ice pack.  (The strongest evidence for warming has always come from the Arctic, where the effect of soot is direct.)

Send Greta to Beijing!
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 06:10:53 am »

Particulates and other emissions need to be stopped at the stack.
Boiling water only removes the chemical pollutants that will distill off. Great for killing germs, but short of distillation, won't fix pollution from metals, etc. It sounds like there is a serious problem with bacteria, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 12:17:58 pm »

They won't. The watermelons will never attack a Communist country.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 10:41:28 pm »

They won't. The watermelons will never attack a Communist country.
Really, they'd likely end up in prison or shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis