Author Topic: Party Associations?  (Read 713 times)

Offline mrclose

Party Associations?
« on: November 24, 2019, 01:09:56 am »

I've wondered about this for a long while now.
Why not get rid of the symbolism of party?
You know: R and D.

Why not just vote on which candidate lies the best and promises the most 'free stuff'? :shrug:

Seriously, why bother with party affiliation when we witness these people jumping from one side to the other all of the time?

I remember when Nick Navarro who was the Sheriff of Broward County ran and won as a republican.

Years later he was running and losing the sheriff's position to another republican so he jumped parties and won as a democrat!

So again: Remind me why we have to have separations into party affiliates?  :whistle:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Party Associations?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 01:23:33 am »
Beats the shit outta me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:23:49 am »
Right. Why should I have to designate a party affiliation to vote in the primaries in Idaho?

This is Idaho law.

Primary Elections in Idaho

So in primary elections, unless the party chooses to allow others outside the party to participate in its primary election, only registered voters of a political party may vote to select their party’s nominees. In other words, at primary elections, registered Republicans may vote only for Republican candidates, and registered Democrats may vote only for Democratic candidates. Persons who are registered as “unaffiliated” (meaning not affiliated with any political party) may not vote for partisan candidates in primary elections unless the party decides to allow them. However, an unaffiliated voter may affiliate with a party up to or on Election Day and vote in that party's election. Independent candidates appear on the ballot only at the general election.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 01:28:08 am »
I'm pretty sure we were given a pretty stern warning about this by George Washington in his farewell address. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 01:43:59 am »
I'm pretty sure we were given a pretty stern warning about this by George Washington in his farewell address. 

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley