Author Topic: Study: 660 companies moving facilities out of California with many bound for Dallas-Fort Worth  (Read 583 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Some 660 companies moved 765 facilities out of California in the past two years, and Dallas-Fort Worth has been the beneficiary of many of the relocations, according to a new report.

The departures from the Golden State between January 2018 and now involve corporate headquarters, manufacturing facilities, data centers, research hubs, software and engineering centers and a few warehouses, according to business relocation expert Joe Vranich, president of Spectrum Location Services.

“Obviously a lot of them are going to Texas,” Vranich said in an interview with the Dallas Business Journal. “It just makes sense.”

In North Texas, coffee company Nuzee said in an SEC filing last week that it will shift its corporate headquarters from Vista, Calif., to Plano.

The new site “will serve as our new single serve pour over co-packing hub and corporate headquarters,” Nuzee said in the filing.

“Texas provides us with a variety of benefits versus our Vista, California facility, including reduced operating costs, lower freight costs to most states and better economies of scale,” the filing said.

California companies large, midsize and small are shifting their regional or corporate headquarters to North Texas because of the DFW area’s generally lower taxes, more affordable housing, lower expenses, central location, access to an international airport and other factors.
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d4c7c2f4-b928-3ef1-93ec-302d9a734635/study%3A-660-companies-moving.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

My previous employer was a division of a company that was basically created by buying pieces of other companies. My division had been operating on the SF Peninsula since the 1930s. Some 3 1/2 years ago they decided that our division would be closed down and split up between a division in SoCal and a division in Pennsylvania. The reason was that housing prices in the SF Bay Area are so high that they could not recruit new college graduates. "You'll have to live two hours away and will never be able to afford a house nearby," was not a compelling recruitment message, evidently.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My previous employer was a division of a company that was basically created by buying pieces of other companies. My division had been operating on the SF Peninsula since the 1930s. Some 3 1/2 years ago they decided that our division would be closed down and split up between a division in SoCal and a division in Pennsylvania. The reason was that housing prices in the SF Bay Area are so high that they could not recruit new college graduates. "You'll have to live two hours away and will never be able to afford a house nearby," was not a compelling recruitment message, evidently.
Same thing happened to my company which was in Los Angeles since it was founded almost 90 years ago.

They moved to Texas as it was easier to recruit, was cheaper and the state was not their enemy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Here come more liberals.

Online roamer_1

KC is blowing up too, so I am told. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
After Texas, Calif was recently Hq for many oil and energy sector service companies.

Occidental. ARCO. Union. Signal. Flour. Braun. Parsons. Bechtel. etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

Our business was in San Jose for 24 years.

Moved it in 2018 to Mesa Arizona.

Employees that could only rent can now afford a house.

California is bent on self destruction.