Author Topic: Ikea acquires 42,000 acres of forestland in East Texas  (Read 609 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ikea acquires 42,000 acres of forestland in East Texas
« on: November 23, 2019, 12:31:53 pm »
Houston Chronicle by  Paul Takahashi Nov. 22, 2019

Ikea said Friday it had acquired 42,000 acres of forestland in East Texas to source wood for its furniture.

The Swedish furniture giant said the acquisition, coupled with the recent purchase of 18,000 acres in Southeast Oklahoma, nearly doubled its U.S. forestry portfolio to 125,000 acres. The retailer declined to share financial details of the transactions.

Ikea previously owned 64,000 acres in Texas, Alabama and South Carolina, including 22,000 acres in the piney woods of Jaspar, Orange, Newton, Hardin and Tyler counties along the Texas-Louisiana border. The company now owns more than 580,000 acres of forestland in the U.S. and Europe.

Ikea , which uses wood in much of its furniture, has been buying forestland since 2014 as it works toward its goal of using 100 percent sustainably sourced wood in its products. The company’s forests are inspected annually by the Forest Stewardship Council to ensure the company is following international principles of good long-term forest management. Last year, IKEA planted 600,000 tree seedlings in the U.S., and nearly 7 million globally.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/retail/article/IKEA-acquires-42-000-acres-of-forestland-in-East-14853600.php

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Ikea acquires 42,000 acres of forestland in East Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:31:46 pm »
They'd better hope no Enviros plant the dead body or scat from an endangered species on their land!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 04:35:27 pm »
                                           They just need to post a few signs. This ain't the land of "Fruits and Nuts".

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 04:43:11 pm »
                                           They just need to post a few signs. This ain't the land of "Fruits and Nuts".

@Elderberry

When living in my townhouse in Texas, I had a door mat outside my front door that says:
"COME BACK WITH A WARRANT".  No one came with a warrant.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 06:29:47 pm »
@Elderberry

When living in my townhouse in Texas, I had a door mat outside my front door that says:
"COME BACK WITH A WARRANT".  No one came with a warrant.

:hattip:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: