Author Topic: How Republicans Won Phase One Of Impeachment  (Read 342 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How Republicans Won Phase One Of Impeachment
« on: November 22, 2019, 09:06:52 pm »
How Republicans Won Phase One Of Impeachment

The first phase of impeachment did not go well for Democrats. It needed to be a time when support for the inquiry and impeachment grew. Instead, it shrank.

With the likely conclusion of Rep. Adam Schiff’s impeachment proceedings, it’s worth taking a step back and looking at how things went for the majority Democrats and minority Republicans on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Democrats ideally would have started their inquiry with credible bipartisan support and run things in such a way that public opinion developed in their favor. Public opinion would build pressure on Republican members toward an impeachment vote that had even stronger bipartisan credibility.

That did not come even close to happening. To begin with, not only was the vote to begin proceedings not bipartisan, there was bipartisan opposition to it. Polling initially looked promising for impeachment, with media outlets attempting to claim significant bipartisan support for inquiry and removal, but then the polling moved in the wrong direction for Democrats.

Emerson polling showed that support for impeachment flipped since October from 48 percent support with 44 percent opposing to now 45 percent opposed and 43 percent in support. Among key independents, the switch was even more pronounced. In October, 48 percent supported impeaching President Donald Trump, with 39 percent opposed. Now, 49 percent of independents oppose impeachment, while only 34 percent support it...

Excerpt: More at link https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/22/how-republicans-won-phase-one-of-impeachment/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How Republicans Won Phase One Of Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:11:17 pm »
Doesn't take a brain surgeon to discern the difference between a "wrong doing" investigation and a political "witch hunt".  I am not a big Trump fan, but he played these guys like a drum.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:14:58 pm »
I posted a topic on that Emerson poll earlier.  The Rat screwed the pooch and they are clueless. 

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,383332.msg2098459.html#msg2098459
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 09:19:37 pm »
I posted a topic on that Emerson poll earlier.  The Rat screwed the pooch and they are clueless. 

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,383332.msg2098459.html#msg2098459

:yowsa: Nothing unusual about that @The Ghost

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 09:41:56 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 11:19:35 pm »
They followed Sergeant Friday's "instructions": Just the facts, ma'am.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 11:42:21 pm »
Doesn't take a brain surgeon to discern the difference between a "wrong doing" investigation and a political "witch hunt".  I am not a big Trump fan, but he played these guys like a drum.

That's right.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 12:14:26 am »
That's right.

Just read that Schiff is planning more hearings, and that Trump's actions were  worse than Nixon's.

Is this man on drugs?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 02:01:43 am »
Just read that Schiff is planning more hearings, and that Trump's actions were  worse than Nixon's.

Is this man on drugs?

I am bored with it, and have been all along... The outcomes are predictable... So I quit paying it much mind. I will be surprised if they don't shove impeachment through the house (though I am hearing shaky voices saying they won't now), and equally surprised if they get it through the senate. Stupid partisan bullcrap all the way around.  :shrug: :whistle: